Fantasy BFFFL-1 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: BigFooty Fantasy Football League

CRIKEY MOSES!!!! Sorry to keep you waiting, but I've been away from the NFL forum since only last night and I come back tonight and Ive heard my name mentioned about a billion times lol

With the first selection i choose:

Ladainian Tomlinson RB

Re: BigFooty Fantasy League Draft Thread

Ladainian Tomlinson RB

CRIKEY MOSES!!!! Sorry to keep you waiting, but I've been away from the NFL forum since only last night and I come back tonight and Ive heard my name mentioned about a billion times lol

With the first selection i choose:

Ladainian Tomlinson RB

haha... its all happening.

No explanation? jokes

With the 2nd selection in the BigFooty Fantasy League Draft, dspeed selects...

St.Louis RB Steven Jackson

Dominated last year, finished 2nd only to LT in fantasy points, plays in a team with passing threats so opens up the field for him, also had the following stats last year:
  • an amazing 90 catches which was equal 7th in the entire league, 2 clear of 2nd most RB Bush, 13 clear of Westbrook and 29 clear of Gore who took the 4th most receptions among RBs
  • finished with 806 yards recieving, also top amongst RBs
  • 3 recieving TDs
  • had 1528 rushing yards, 5th in the NFL
  • 13 rushing TDs, equal 4th in the NFL
He is also only 23 (24 in july), so in terms of being a keeper league he has huge value going forward, and i predict will be the top fantasy player in a couple of seasons

Very pleased with this decision, and am confident he will outplay Larry Johnson!

With the #3 pick, JeffDunne picks

Larry Johnson - RB Kansas City Chiefs.

It's hard to overlook a RB that last year averaged over 110yds/game and a touchdown/game. His big play ability does concern me given the scoring in this league but his consistency and volume are a godsend for fantasy owners.

Larry is a machine and more than ever the Chiefs will rely on his production.

Probably LJ.

The Chiefs are a run first offense. They'll run regardless.

Jackson will put up impressive numbers but he won't be as consistent as Larry IMO.
johnson will most likely get more rushing yards like last year, but i liked jackson's all round capabilities and age, which was a big factor, in the end i think we both have very good backs that will anchor our two teams

Yeah, I'm happy with either. Only injury will stop them being in the top 5 for fantasy points.

I actually think Shaun Alexander could be a steal in many drafts this year. Will be ranked lower based on last season, but if he's fit this year I'd expect him to finish in the top 5 also.

Yeah, I'm happy with either. Only injury will stop them being in the top 5 for fantasy points.

I actually think Shaun Alexander could be a steal in many drafts this year. Will be ranked lower based on last season, but if he's fit this year I'd expect him to finish in the top 5 also.
definitely, i expect him to be one of the next two taken, barring any surprising choices/reaches

Jackson would've been my pick too...

What's the official time per pick? was it 24 or 48 hours?

Cos Thurs/Fri I'll be lucky to get to a computer.
preferably 24 hours max, but at this stage no real rush, if you feel you may be holding us up you could pm me your preferences for your pick, listed in preference 1-5

With Pick #4 manureid selects:

RB Frank Gore - 49ers

Tough one. The 3 stand out studs were all as expected taken, so have to rely on Frank reproducing (hopefully bettering) last seasons output.

Next......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, don't knock the Romo. He saved one of my fantasy teams last year.

I might even pick him at 3. :p

Yeh, I had him as well and he went gangbusters and helped me win my league.

I am off the clock. Pick made.

Dspeed, I havent gotten an email invite to join the ESPN driven league. Can you resend please?
its isnt actually open yet to setup leagues, past years tell me it should be around mid June, but can't be sure, so when it is open i will send out the invites

Where's the list of choices made so far?
In the stickied thread "BigFooty Fantasy League Draft Thread", that one is for picks and explanations and this one is for more in depth talk about the draft and players

Thats 5 of the top 6 rushers in yardage gone (the other being Tiki Barber, haha).

I think the top 3 were clear... when you hit the Gore's, Parker's... is where some people have personal preferences.

You could possibly make an argument for the next 15-20 as to where they stand coming from different angles... ie. rookies, players coming off an off year, change of clubs, etc etc

I wont drop names ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back