Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Dudes and families, a couple of updates:
  • Draft not tonight, likely to be Sunday;
  • I am still chasing Sleeper on setting up draft preference lists, there must be a way to do this, if not we will go back to Yahoo for the draft.
  • Further updates this evening.
Shambles is Shambles. As promised.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I'll keep the following

Alvan Kamara (R4 so I lose a 3rd round pick)
Hunter Henry (FA so I don't lose a draft pick?)
Marquez Valdes-Scantling (FA so I don't lose a draft pick?)

Do I need to do something on the league site to keep these players?
Allgood

Zeke think's this is...

giphy.gif

Nice to see for the fourth or fifth year in a row this league hasn't changed a damn thing

i tried to warn you 00Stinger
it was the only league i could get into on here

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I think I've probably committed as much as I can to this now. I've come home earlier than I ordinarily would from work to do the draft two evenings in a row. I can't give up my Sunday as well.
Sorry about that, but Wednesday was never discussed as an option for the draft so I don't know where that one came from. Likely to be Monday/Tuesday next week before we have a draft set anyway given the problems emerging with Sleeper, will sort it this evening. We can't do a live draft on a site that doesn't allow people to set a meaningful pre draft preference list, and for whatever reason Sleeper's app settings are purely ADP driven - so it only picks by either ADP or alphabetical listing if you are not actually online during the draft.

We can't auto draft on ESPN because it doesn't allow the combination of keepers and loss of specific draft picks, so we are likely back to Yahoo, which supports the keeper settings, while also allowing people to set a fully comprehensive set of pre draft preferences.
But, everyone then needs to sign up to Yahoo and set their pre draft preferences - so likely to be at least Monday Tuesday before we hit go.

Sorry for the issues, but Sleeper said they could support the draft we need with also having customised pre draft picklists. Now they say (subject to one final check they are doing) that they don't think they can do that.

Next year it is back to a slow pick, multi week spreadsheet based system I think. Which means people give up picks to keep Luck, etc etc, instead of it being a later and better informed draft.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

We have a couple of other mid season leagues under way, will start with drafts in round 2 and 3, keep your eyes peeled...

I know, I just enjoy told you so's.

The properly organised ones generally kick off in Early June for future reference. A few new league's popped up on here this year with some newish quality guys to the forum. They are always trying to get a few more league's going. See if you can get in with one of them next year.

Makes it far more enjoyable and competitive when every player in the league drafts their own team and remains interested through weeks 1-16 👍

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I know, I just enjoy told you so's.

The properly organised ones generally kick off in Early June for future reference. A few new league's popped up on here this year with some newish quality guys to the forum. They are always trying to get a few more league's going. See if you can get in with one of them next year.

Makes it far more enjoyable and competitive when every player in the league drafts their own team and remains interested through weeks 1-16 👍
Thanks, appreciate your constant comments on a league you aren't even involved in any more.
Lots of love.

Thanks, appreciate your constant comments on a league you aren't even involved in any more.
Lots of love.

A league I'm not involved with for reasons displayed in this year's thread. Apologies for telling someone the truth.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
A league I'm not involved with for reasons displayed in this year's thread. Apologies for telling someone the truth.

Oh as always you just "tell the truth".

As always.

Anyway, lots of love, appreciate the help and support.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
In great news, Yahoo is now down, so there are further delays in setting the draft order. WIll try to get it done overnight or worst case Friday.

00Stinger and gillon I will need you to PM me email details please.

two blue tiger please can you confirm you are still at the email you PMd me last year.

Anyone else who has changed emails please send me a PM to let me know new emails, otherwise invites to Yahoo will roll over to your emails from last year as soon as the site is back up.

Back