BFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Apparently he wasn’t supposed to be playing that week but only stepped up as Klix went missing and didn’t show up so he offered to play to help out. Anyone else hear that?
Very sad to hear about this incident to the young kid Stevens.

I have no idea if that is true or not but both Stevens and Klix were named in the starting 18 the Thursday night

Heard he asked for >2k per game. Was between East Point and Melton I heard but Melton opted out for obvious reasons.
A few clubs struggling for talls..

Thought East got him through his connection with Shane Fisher. Wonder how Melton become involved.

Darley & Melton South in particular struggling big time for talls. South had to persuade 40 y.o Dransman to come out of retirement. Anyone Know when/if the Big O will be back for Redan ?

Thought East got him through his connection with Shane Fisher. Wonder how Melton become involved.

Darley & Melton South in particular struggling big time for talls. South had to persuade 40 y.o Dransman to come out of retirement. Anyone Know when/if the Big O will be back for Redan ?
Fisher was the appeal of East and the benefit of playing is something other than money.
I hope it all goes well and even if age does limit his impact, he should be of benefit to the younger fellas coming through.

Wodonga Raiders in the strong Ovens & Murray League are searching for a new coach for season 2022 and beyond. The Raiders have managed to play finals every season since 2015 and are currently sitting in 5th position again 2 games clear inside the top 5. The 3rds are in 3rd position and the Raiders have the biggest amount of teams participating in the Albury Wodonga Junior Football League with 2 sides in each age group.
Healthy remuneration and relocation assistance will be offered and job opportunities will be provided for the successful applicant and partner if required.
If you would be interested in discussing this opportunity please call Stephen on 0439 464 353

I think Jolly might work with the cockroach?🤷‍♂️

In news that I’m sure will surprise everyone, the years been canned.

Bit quiet on here past couple years, looks like next season is finally back to normal. Thought I’d try and do a brief summary of the eastern bloc sides.

Sunbury- Haven’t announced any “big name”recruits yet. Have a mountain of local kids under 23. Magin moving to QLD hurts. Unsure what Conn & Kovacevic are doing. Club never seems to bottom out. Will work with what they’ve got if they have to.

Melton- Havent announced any signings except for Mark Orr returning. Apparently Archard returning to his junior club up on the murray. Plenty of smalls, Need to sign some key position players. Going with their core group of locals again.

South - Appears they might have finally solved their ruck issue with Jones, Haven’t heard anything regarding Pendlebury and Lloyd. Wont have Izzy Conway. Looks as though they’re trying build a side around Conway and his pals.

Darley- Topped up nicely with Bewley (1 pointer) & Rodda. Plenty of kids at their disposal. A ruckman would be top of the Wishlist. Have room with player points, Would expect atleast one more key signing.

Marsh- Hard to gauge. Player turn over has been high last couple years. Another 5 recruits in so far, Christopher back to Mansfield is the only deperture I know off thus far. Must be stretching the limit with player points.

Any news up Ballarat ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nth v Sunbury was a good contest.
Most of the scoring done to the scoreboard end
Sunbury's overlap run & ball use made them a threat going forward as they were able to find good hitup options inside f50.
Nths skills weren't quite as good but were able to put good pressure on the clearing kick ensuring repeat f50 entries.
Both sides have a bit to work on but ultimately it's great to have footy back.

Last edited:
Reasonably happy with our performance against the Lakers,
Some of the improvement in the young fellas from both clubs has been good to see over recent years, hopefully they can go on with it as there's a bit of talent there.

The Marsh/Darley clash looks like it was a beauty, anyone get down to the game?

Last edited:
The Marsh/Darley clash looks like it was a beauty, anyone get down to the game?

Was super tight all day. Thought marsh just looked a touch more polished And composed though, Enjoyed the battle of the key forwards. Nick Rodda at one end and Jake Owen at the other. Owen deservedly BOG

Boy Melton south disappointing again!. Thought they would start to Finally turn it around this year ..

Bit quiet on here past couple years, looks like next season is finally back to normal. Thought I’d try and do a brief summary of the eastern bloc sides.

Sunbury- Haven’t announced any “big name”recruits yet. Have a mountain of local kids under 23. Magin moving to QLD hurts. Unsure what Conn & Kovacevic are doing. Club never seems to bottom out. Will work with what they’ve got if they have to.

Melton- Havent announced any signings except for Mark Orr returning. Apparently Archard returning to his junior club up on the murray. Plenty of smalls, Need to sign some key position players. Going with their core group of locals again.

South - Appears they might have finally solved their ruck issue with Jones, Haven’t heard anything regarding Pendlebury and Lloyd. Wont have Izzy Conway. Looks as though they’re trying build a side around Conway and his pals.

Darley- Topped up nicely with Bewley (1 pointer) & Rodda. Plenty of kids at their disposal. A ruckman would be top of the Wishlist. Have room with player points, Would expect atleast one more key signing.

Marsh- Hard to gauge. Player turn over has been high last couple years. Another 5 recruits in so far, Christopher back to Mansfield is the only deperture I know off thus far. Must be stretching the limit with player points.

Any news up Ballarat ?
Darley losing guns Peacock and Hawkins sure to hurt

Ballarat over north yesterday was abit surprising. Aswell as Redan over Sebas.

Still only r.3 but Melton look the standout early but are yet to travel to Ballarat.

Melton south were dreadful

Nth this week for the bloods their first real test, will be interesting. Still 2-3 Good footballers to come back aswell.

South look like they’re starting to get it together. Been good past few weeks. Not a bad effort to knock off Cobras on the road without Conway. The ruckman Jones has been a handy pick up.

Not a bad couple ins for the bloods this week, Brenton payne playing his first game, A signing that flew under the radar abit don’t even think it got mentioned in the courier. Brock Kennedy also back for the first time since the 2018 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back