BFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

South just announced Jason Hamilton as coach. Has coached Div 3 clubs in nfnl/wrfl recently.
Hard to see him bringing much in terms of recruiting after coaching at that level. Thought that would be a main focus for a club that needs a lot!

South just announced Jason Hamilton as coach. Has coached Div 3 clubs in nfnl/wrfl recently.

No disrespect to the bloke appointed but South are struggling if they appointed this bloke. Has coached Division 3 football (only success was finals once, bombed out first week) and a team in Tasmania who struggled to win a game for three years.

Strange club South, they went from spending big on some recruits (e.g. Fevola) a few years ago to now appointing a coach who hasn’t achieved much in lower divisions / leagues. Again no disrespect to the coach, I’m sure he’ll give it his all - and you never know your luck in a big city. In fact, good on him for having the balls to take on a big job.

But has Melton South given up? They seem to have all the right things (supporter base, facilities, sponsors) but just can’t go that next level. Can anyone shed some light?

No disrespect to the bloke appointed but South are struggling if they appointed this bloke. Has coached Division 3 football (only success was finals once, bombed out first week) and a team in Tasmania who struggled to win a game for three years.

Strange club South, they went from spending big on some recruits (e.g. Fevola) a few years ago to now appointing a coach who hasn’t achieved much in lower divisions / leagues. Again no disrespect to the coach, I’m sure he’ll give it his all - and you never know your luck in a big city. In fact, good on him for having the balls to take on a big job.

But has Melton South given up? They seem to have all the right things (supporter base, facilities, sponsors) but just can’t go that next level. Can anyone shed some light?

Just lost their captain Wyatt to Point Cook.

South and the Marsh look to be in for a very hard 2023.

I can’t see Billy Lloyd, Dylan Jones and Casley sticking around either now Conway/Wyatt are gone. And I heard Ballan were sniffing around some of their locals aswell.

I think they’re in for a world of pain South, not to sure where from here.

I can’t see Billy Lloyd, Dylan Jones and Casley sticking around either now Conway/Wyatt are gone. And I heard Ballan were sniffing around some of their locals aswell.

I think they’re in for a world of pain South, not to sure where from here.
Huge drop to go from Ballarat league to playing for Ballan. Stay tuned it’s only early days. Plus my mail is only a couple are leaving and those name’s mentioned I wouldn’t say are out.

Huge drop to go from Ballarat league to playing for Ballan. Stay tuned it’s only early days. Plus my mail is only a couple are leaving and those name’s mentioned I wouldn’t say are out.

Probably more the fringe players Ballan are looking at, as chfl clubs do.

With Conway retiring mid year, you’d think they would saved abit of money, wether the new coach has the contacts to bring quality recruits is another story.

Pritchard did well bringing ex Port guys in, obviously local talent was stretched thin, especially with injuries & no u19s.. is Pritchard still gonna be involved in some capacity? I know his going OS mid year.

With Conway retiring mid year, you’d think they would saved abit of money, wether the new coach has the contacts to bring quality recruits is another story.

Pritchard did well bringing ex Port guys in, obviously local talent was stretched thin, especially with injuries & no u19s.. is Pritchard still gonna be involved in some capacity? I know his going OS mid year.

Believe he has accepted a Assistant Coach role at Ballarat FC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Melton South about to announce some good signings over the next week on their socials. And could be others! Going down a slightly different path but appear to be making progress. Good for the competition.

early days and that but has anyone had eyes on any clubs pre Christmas pre season? Who’s got numbers? Who’s got none? And I know it’s a silly question because everyone looks good during pre season but, who looks good?

early days and that but has anyone had eyes on any clubs pre Christmas pre season? Who’s got numbers? Who’s got none? And I know it’s a silly question because everyone looks good during pre season but, who looks good?
Melton South to finish bottom.

Same grand finalists again in 2023. Hopefully better conditions this time and the bloods go back to back!

Barwon Heads in the Bellarine Football League have signed 3 players from the Ballarat Football League - Harrison King and Ryley Stuhldreier from Bacchus Marsh and a Charlie Perks from North Ballarat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back