BFL thread 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed Bramble from Sunbury is training with the Hawthorn with an eye to being added to their list.
If nothing else, it's good to see his efforts being recognised.

I see there is a clearance in for Connor Griffiths to Yarrawonga. As far as I know he has been training with Melton and Yarrawonga haven’t announced his signing on their Facebook or anything. Big loss for the bloods if his gone.

What the hell happened at ocean grove v Melton south on Saturday, courier reporting a female was abused then followed home after the game 😧

A praccy game for gods sake

I missed the part about following her home, obviously a pretty crook individual to engage in that sort of bullshit.

Spoke to someone who was at the game on Saturday & ties up with south. Said the female umpire (Who was the third umpire) reported a south player after a dust up and was then abused by a south supporter. Club is adamant the part about her getting followed home is complete BS.

Spoke to someone who was at the game on Saturday & ties up with south. Said the female umpire (Who was the third umpire) reported a south player after a dust up and was then abused by a south supporter. Club is adamant the part about her getting followed home is complete BS.
Yes I heard something similar. Female umpire sent off a Sth player earlier for defending himself after 3 players came at him post a debatable 50mts. Then reported a player who went to protect his smaller team mate who was in a push & shove with the opposition ruckman who instigated the incident. I’m told the reported player did nothing other than step in to protect a team mate. So it might appear she was very biased towards the home club who from what I’m told actually started the melee and continued on with it.
Yes umpires must be protected at ALL times yet out of the 3 or 4 officiating umpires on the day only the female umpire thought it necessary to report 1 player.
Who believes what some of these reporters write in papers? I’m told other than a couple of minor melees the game was incident free. Yet it was reported much differently. 🤔

Yes I heard something similar. Female umpire sent off a Sth player earlier for defending himself after 3 players came at him post a debatable 50mts. Then reported a player who went to protect his smaller team mate who was in a push & shove with the opposition ruckman who instigated the incident. I’m told the reported player did nothing other than step in to protect a team mate. So it might appear she was very biased towards the home club who from what I’m told actually started the melee and continued on with it.
Yes umpires must be protected at ALL times yet out of the 3 or 4 officiating umpires on the day only the female umpire thought it necessary to report 1 player.
Who believes what some of these reporters write in papers? I’m told other than a couple of minor melees the game was incident free. Yet it was reported much differently. 🤔
Careful with the narrative you're painting mate, particularly while relying on second hand info..
Either way, it's an ugly set of circumstances at best & even a wonky performance doesn't warrant abuse, particularly of a young lady.

Careful with the narrative you're painting mate, particularly while relying on second hand info..
Either way, it's an ugly set of circumstances at best & even a wonky performance doesn't warrant abuse, particularly of a young lady.
I agree any abuse of an umpire is unacceptable in any sport. However news articles with misleading information is poor form.

Sunbury have lost a mountain of players

Bramble
J.Landt
D.Landt
B.Landt
Maksymow
Sheehan
Hay
Valles
Kempster
Bridgland
Healy
Berry
Conn ? - Sydney FOFO
Cree

Well said Jet. Abuse of umpires in our game has to be totally eradicated whatever their gender.

I have never been one for abusing footy umpires and have challenged fellow supporters on occasion. The common theme is feeling aggrieved at being challenged. Some people think paying $15 at a gate allows them to abuse umpires.

No umpires no game. Simple as that! Those who want to abuse should have a crack at it themselves.

Well said Jet. Abuse of umpires in our game has to be totally eradicated whatever their gender.

I have never been one for abusing footy umpires and have challenged fellow supporters on occasion. The common theme is feeling aggrieved at being challenged. Some people think paying $15 at a gate allows them to abuse umpires.

No umpires no game. Simple as that! Those who want to abuse should have a crack at it themselves.
Well said mate,
In this instance, the defence is effectively "we only abused her, we didn't stalk her" which is pathetic.
Umpires make mistakes, funnily enough so do players and I'd argue that a greater % of umpires are involved in the game for the love of it.
If you dislike the way the game is adjudicated or need clarification on a rule, there are official channels to raise the subject, acting like a buffoon however serves nobody, not their club, not the umpire, nor the competition in recruiting and retaining umpires.

Wouldn't it have been good for the club to get on the front foot, instead of gaslighting the female ump, why not ban the supporter for the first half of the year, get the senior players to umpire junior footy, this behaviour turns people off footy, there's a shortage of umps throughout the state and we wonder why

Well said mate,
In this instance, the defence is effectively "we only abused her, we didn't stalk her" which is pathetic.
Umpires make mistakes, funnily enough so do players and I'd argue that a greater % of umpires are involved in the game for the love of it.
If you dislike the way the game is adjudicated or need clarification on a rule, there are official channels to raise the subject, acting like a buffoon however serves nobody, not their club, not the umpire, nor the competition in recruiting and retaining umpires.

Wouldn't it have been good for the club to get on the front foot, instead of gaslighting the female ump, why not ban the supporter for the first half of the year, get the senior players to umpire junior footy, this behaviour turns people off footy, there's a shortage of umps throughout the state and we wonder why
From a source: Nothing to do with the players at all. A player was reported and not suspended obviously as nothing in it. Whole incident could have been avoided if player was treated fairly but he immediately left the field bewildered by being sent off. Nothing to do with anything towards the umpire.
Report of umpire being followed post game was untrue and the reporter needs to have a good look at himself. Plus he mentioned it was a fiery game. Another misquote and obviously he wasn’t at the game and just writing a BS sports story.
Let’s move on from this!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a silly question but what’s it cost to get into a bfl game for a look these days?

Melton charge $11 at McPherson park. Apparently $1 for the car. What a joke! Local country footy and . 😡 Didn’t even get a record!
Maybe the extra $ going towards player payments out there 😄

What are other clubs charging in 2021?
Wouldn't it be the same across the whole league?

66 free kicks in a game of of footy yesterday Melton 44 sebas 22, never seen so many free kicks and bad umpiring in my life,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back