BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a clearance in for Shannon Broadbent to the Hume League instead of Melton South

"CDHBU has landed a late coup by signing eight-time best and fairest winner Shannon Broadbent.

Shannon Broadbent looks set to make a big impression with CDHBU.

Broadbent, who signed with Myrtleford last season before having a change of heart and switching to Kangaroo Flat, will be a huge addition to the Hume league club’s midfield.

The 35-year-old has won best and fairests at Tatura, Maribyrnong Park, Tullamarine, Keilor Park and Albion and was a part of premiership success at Tullamarine (2003), Maribyrnong Park (2009 and 2010), Tatura (2012) and Deer Park (2013).

“I played against Shannon in the Essendon and District league for four years and he will be huge for us,” Power co-coach Jeremy Stevenson said.

“He’s a hard midfielder who uses the ball well.”

After losing a number of players early in the pre-season, CDHBU has hit back by signing Broadbent, Finley’s Nathan McLellan, Corowa-Rutherglen’s Brad Goyne and North Albury’s Rory Muggavin."

Patty D will be able to fill us in.
Bold letters may give us some idea.

"CDHBU has landed a late coup by signing eight-time best and fairest winner Shannon Broadbent.

Shannon Broadbent looks set to make a big impression with CDHBU.

Broadbent, who signed with Myrtleford last season before having a change of heart and switching to Kangaroo Flat, will be a huge addition to the Hume league club’s midfield.

The 35-year-old has won best and fairests at Tatura, Maribyrnong Park, Tullamarine, Keilor Park and Albion and was a part of premiership success at Tullamarine (2003), Maribyrnong Park (2009 and 2010), Tatura (2012) and Deer Park (2013).

“I played against Shannon in the Essendon and District league for four years and he will be huge for us,” Power co-coach Jeremy Stevenson said.

“He’s a hard midfielder who uses the ball well.”

After losing a number of players early in the pre-season, CDHBU has hit back by signing Broadbent, Finley’s Nathan McLellan, Corowa-Rutherglen’s Brad Goyne and North Albury’s Rory Muggavin."

Patty D will be able to fill us in.
Bold letters may give us some idea.
Interesting.
I wonder whether Melton Sth will look to replace him or if they'll go with their current group.

Interesting.
I wonder whether Melton Sth will look to replace him or if they'll go with their current group.
Broadbent, Banner at Willi so he won't play, Notman 2nd clearance denied, and still a few who have been named as going, haven't put a clearance in yet. Will be interesting to see who ends up at South and plays. Hope they get them all. Pump up the rivalry and crowds.

Broadbent, Banner at Willi so he won't play, Notman 2nd clearance denied, and still a few who have been named as going, haven't put a clearance in yet. Will be interesting to see who ends up at South and plays. Hope they get them all. Pump up the rivalry and crowds.

I wonder if my mate tappy will pop by to explain his change of heart. This isn't the first time this has happened

Will be
Will be a great achievement for melton to keep Notman even though he is hell bent on coming back home to south enjoy having a player play for you that has no interest in being at the club

Last edited:
Will be

Will be a great achievement for melton to keep Notman even though he is hell bent on coming back home to south enjoy having a player play for you that has no interest in being at the club

I heard a couple months ago Notman was contracted at Melton for 2017.not 100% sure if it's true.. Maybe the bloods are waiting for compensation from south.

Broadbent, Banner at Willi so he won't play, Notman 2nd clearance denied, and still a few who have been named as going, haven't put a clearance in yet. Will be interesting to see who ends up at South and playstake . Hope they get them all. Pump up the rivalry and crowds.
Banner training at willy but will play alot of games at the panthers. Early games and the byes during year helps. And with noddy yes clearance has been denied but take this to the bank. Under no circumstances will he play for Melton. He will be a panther for sure. Always has been and will be. We just lent him to Melton for a couple years. All other recruits up and running.

Banner training at willy but will play alot of games at the panthers. Early games and the byes during year helps. And with noddy yes clearance has been denied but take this to the bank. Under no circumstances will he play for Melton. He will be a panther for sure. Always has been and will be. We just lent him to Melton for a couple years. All other recruits up and running.

So Broadbent?

Wonder if Notman would have gone back to South if they had not recruited all these players?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All clubs have players at vfl level but they rarely let them play. If they are regular senior players which I assume banner will be they don't let them come back.

vFL start before us so he will be in senior or development so don't think he will play at south.

He and others left because the club was/is a basketcase, like it will be again in 2018 if you don't win it. No pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He and others left because the club was/is a basketcase, like it will be again in 2018 if you don't win it. No pressure
He left cause he had a falling out with a previous coach. So your wrong again. As for having to win the flag this year, of course would be good but they are hard to win. One week at a time
Let's just hope your still around over the next 3 years and see whom the basket case is hey. Until then worry bout your own side who ever it is.

He left cause he had a falling out with a previous coach. So your wrong again. As for having to win the flag this year, of course would be good but they are hard to win. One week at a time
Let's just hope your still around over the next 3 years and see whom the basket case is hey. Until then worry bout your own side who ever it is.
I support Richmond, i'm qualified on speaking on basket cases

Anyone on here from ballarat way, have not heard much. Are they taking a year off? Might as well.

I see Marty Busch re-surface has been completed. And with Redan due to have city oval redone in 2018. Should have 6 really good decks to play on next year. Shame football in Ballarat is dead though...

Boys, not long now until the season opener. Does anyone know when the flag odds come out?

Broadbent got work up Albury way and left with the coaches blessing. He will be replaced - watch this space...

Noddy will be cleared and WONT be playing at the Bloods again.

DOWNTRODEN - We play 2 games before VFL play their first. Mitch Banner will be playing the first couple for us and a few more.

Great to see COLES on board as a sponsor. Club has never looked in a better position. Will give the BigFooty forum first crack when we float on the ASX.

Boys, not long now until the season opener. Does anyone know when the flag odds come out?

Broadbent got work up Albury way and left with the coaches blessing. He will be replaced - watch this space...

Noddy will be cleared and WONT be playing at the Bloods again.

DOWNTRODEN - We play 2 games before VFL play their first. Mitch Banner will be playing the first couple for us and a few more.

Great to see COLES on board as a sponsor. Club has never looked in a better position. Will give the BigFooty forum first crack when we float on the ASX.
Don't want to get into an argument pat but willy have practice match against sandy 9th and round 1 17th so don't think he will play. And as for broadbent, as Donald would say that's get false news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back