Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Angus Storey denied a clearance home to Romsey? Assume that means he's a required player?

Downtroden

Senior List
May 28, 2008
lara
AFL Club
Collingwood
Playing one off game with a mate up bush wouldn't look to much into it lads
Thanks. I don't know how clubs agree to this when an injury could cost you a game , or finals spot. Sign a contract with us , we pay you well , tell your mate to get a clearance and play here.

DocPete

Debutant
Sep 2, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
After this weekends games it looks like the comp sits pretty evenly. Bacchus couldn't finish off east, redan didn't flog sebas, Sunbury only just got over North and Darley only just beat Ballarat. Maybe Bacchus had a bad day? But if they didn't then maybe that young East team might be starting to build. They kicked 8-goals to one in the second quarter, was that a roaring wind or a massive run-on?

Alabama Slammer

Team Captain
Nov 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
After this weekends games it looks like the comp sits pretty evenly. Bacchus couldn't finish off east, redan didn't flog sebas, Sunbury only just got over North and Darley only just beat Ballarat. Maybe Bacchus had a bad day? But if they didn't then maybe that young East team might be starting to build. They kicked 8-goals to one in the second quarter, was that a roaring wind or a massive run-on?
Was a really weird weekend. Would need to see more consistent form from the likes of East, Ballarat, Sunbury and Redan to think there are more than 3 sides with a chance.

Graceland

Senior List
May 21, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
2nd one denied too. Obviously playing hardball. Pretty hard to get a clearance this time of the season.
This coming from a club that sooked up at the start of the year when Melton would not clear Notman back to them now the shoe is on the other foot I wonder what they will do

Last edited:

Little secret

Debutant
Jun 20, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
This coming from a club that sooked up at the start of the year when Melton would not clear Norman back to them now the shoe is on the other foot I wonder what they will do
Completely different lol Norman as you like to call him asked for a clearance in October lol Angus on the other hand got dropped for playing ordinary footy and has sooked up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DocPete

Debutant
Sep 2, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just looking at the clearances lodged this week and I see Michael Jamison to EastPoint! Another Carlton player to the BFL. That sort of experience can't hurt EastPoint with there very young team. Are they a sleeper?

Last edited:

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
Just looking at the clearances lodged this week and I see Michael Jamison to EastPoint! Another Carlton player to the BFL. That sort of experience can't hurt EastPoint with there very young team. Are they a sleeper?
He'd be handy though there'd have to be a few concerns over how well his body will hold up.
Definitely good to have blokes of his ilk returning to the region for a kick though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Alabama Slammer

Team Captain
Nov 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
He'd be handy though there'd have to be a few concerns over how well his body will hold up.
Definitely good to have blokes of his ilk returning to the region for a kick though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
He would be great to have around the club. Good character. He's still not that old but has been out of action for about 12-18 months now. Will be a hard match up if he's fit, I'd say he'll play forward.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Anyone who follows Fev on Instagram would have seen him in Sydney on Friday at a concert, drinking beers and flew back Saturday morning for the game. He kicked 6 so it obviously didnt effect his performance but I wonder what that sort of behaviour and preparation from the coach has on his young side. I would imagine it would drop the overall level of professionalism amongst the whole playing group, if its good enough for the coach then its good enough for me. Fev seems to be doing very well with his new found fame on the radio, his role now on Sunday footy show and I just question if his commitment to the cause is still there and would he and the club not be better to amicably split and Fev can continue to grow his career in the media and South can move on and find a replacement, especially as it now looks unlikely they will play finals.

Alabama Slammer

Team Captain
Nov 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone who follows Fev on Instagram would have seen him in Sydney on Friday at a concert, drinking beers and flew back Saturday morning for the game. He kicked 6 so it obviously didnt effect his performance but I wonder what that sort of behaviour and preparation from the coach has on his young side. I would imagine it would drop the overall level of professionalism amongst the whole playing group, if its good enough for the coach then its good enough for me. Fev seems to be doing very well with his new found fame on the radio, his role now on Sunday footy show and I just question if his commitment to the cause is still there and would he and the club not be better to amicably split and Fev can continue to grow his career in the media and South can move on and find a replacement, especially as it now looks unlikely they will play finals.
I think he is now in Bali

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
He is. And that adds weight to ItsAllAboutMe's post

Absolutely, i dont think anyone would have problems with an ex AFL player taking some time out with his family over school holidays, however when you sign on as coach you are expected to show a level of commitment far and above all players. I remember listening to Anthony Rock when he was at Greenvale and speaking with Craig Clinnick who coached at Strathmore and both said they spent 30+ hours each week during the season on footy, judging by fevs media career and social life i doubt he would be doing half of that, perhaps thats what Triplett does but IMO a young impressionable playing list will be developing bad habbits seeing the way the coach prepares for games of footy. South have got the marketing buzz out of Fev and created the excitment that has brought stars like Lynch to the club, IMO they would now be better off parting with Fev and spending the cash on a proven premiership winning coach like a Mick McGuane or Marc Bullen.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
BFL grand final on the move - Ballarat Courier
David Brehaut
7 Jul 2017, 3:30 p.m.
The Ballarat Football Netball League is moving it senior and junior grand finals to Mars Stadium this season.

r0_216_4171_2563_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

BFNL chairman Wayne Baker announced the switch from the Eastern Oval on Friday.

The seniors are scheduled for Saturday, September 23, following the juniors on Sunday, September 17. "We can’t wait to showcase the benefits of having such a wonderful venue to the community," he said. "The redevelopment of this precinct has been a huge feather in the cap for the City of Ballarat and we commend it and state government for their foresight to develop such a wonderful asset," he said.

Baker highlighted the rare opportunity juniors were being given to play on an AFL-standard surface. This is the first venue change for the BFNL senior grand final since 2001, when it was moved from the City Oval.

Ballarat mayor Samantha McIntosh said it had been city council's long held belief that people in regional areas were entitled to enjoy top level facilities as they pursued their sporting passions. "Mars Stadium provides the opportunity to do just that,” she said.

The Central Highlands league grand final will also be at the 5000-seat stadium - returning to the ground after a year at Alfredton Reserve while the facility redevelopment was being undertaken.

Eastern Oval and Darley Park will be used for other senior BFNL finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back