BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have stated and acknowledged many times that some had too high a hope from the boys this year. Also have stated that everyone should aim high, that's why we compete. Happy to eat humble pie but won't cop people saying everyone is laughing at a club for bettering themselves and lifting themselves of the bottom of the ladder, makes absolutely no sense at all. But others will always try to ruin others achievements so to be expected I guess. All the best to all in the run to and through the finals series.
Talk us through these achievements. Assuming it's not paying more than everyone else whilst also having more points than everyone else and winning 5 games and missing finals.
Are your achievements also being the un-fittest club, worst coached club, and easiest side to score against? That's what most are laughing at. Keep both Scorch and Fev, every other coach loves them.

Talk us through these achievements. Assuming it's not paying more than everyone else whilst also having more points than everyone else and winning 5 games and missing finals.
Are your achievements also being the un-fittest club, worst coached club, and easiest side to score against? That's what most are laughing at. Keep both Scorch and Fev, every other coach loves them.

Give it a rest for Christs sake

Gonna have a stab at it. You're either an old ex footballer who is just a miserable old prick or just a typical internet troll slammer. The achievement first and foremost is the boys won more than no games. Is that not a notable achievement. 2 years of shithouse results, to finally get a few wins on the board is worth being happy about. You're just a bitter prick mate, that's all I can put it down to. The boys are rapt with a few more points on the board compared to previous years, and that's all we need. So unless you want to man up, step out from behind your keyboard and come to Bay 13 and have a beer, keep on with your miserable life trolling and piss right off.

Don't get aggressive. All I did was tell you how your club is perceived by the majority of the other clubs. That is how they talk. If you choose to get up tight about it, that's your thing to deal with. If your happy with Souths plan that's all that counts. You can ignore it you know.

Anyone see any games yesterday? I missed the Darley v Sunbury game. The Lakers v Redan game sounded like a ripper.

Talk about the good teams then. All u do is jump all over South
Ok. I see in the courier the other day that Darleys Dan Roy is out for the year and maybe Marsh's Scott Sherlock. Sherlock is a gun mid fielder and will be a huge loss, but Marsh can still win it all without him, and maybe a few others. They have Lakers measure, and Darleys and play Redan in the last round.
My sources tell me that Darley had close to 10 out yesterday and still beat Sunbury. Sunbury with a few missing as well in Valles and Said, but they are making up numbers.
Redan need to finish third I reckon to be a chance at the GF. If Darley beat Ballarat and South they will stay in third.
Big games this week in the fight for 6th with the local Melton Derby and East v North. North are probably in the best position with two winnable games to go. But Melton will fancy themselves against South and North in their last two games.
Only spots up for grabs are 3rd and 6th.
My predicted week 1 finals
Marsh v Lakers at Darley - Saturday
Redan v Sunbury at Eastern Oval - Saturday
Darley v North at Darley - Sunday

Brad Murphy to be confirmed as St Albans coach in the WRFL as soon as season is over for Bloods.
How many Melton blokes will he take with him?

I know it was first v last yesterday, but Marsh had 50 scoring shots to 4. Could have been worse than 150 points.
I don't see Sebas too often but is there any light at the end of the tunnel? Not great signs.

I know it was first v last yesterday, but Marsh had 50 scoring shots to 4. Could have been worse than 150 points.
I don't see Sebas too often but is there any light at the end of the tunnel? Not great signs.
Didn't they kick 19-goals against Melton South to win the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melton looking for a new coach as Murphy confirmed as coach of St Albans in WRFL. Who will get the Melton job?
Thought Murphy did a great job this year with a developing group. Solid down back but lacked scoring power.Can't rely on Kight kicking a bag each week. If they had 2 more quality mids and 1 KP forward, they easily make the finals this year. If they keep this group together next year the new coach will walk into a team with a very solid base.

Thought Murphy did a great job this year with a developing group. Solid down back but lacked scoring power.Can't rely on Kight kicking a bag each week. If they had 2 more quality mids and 1 KP forward, they easily make the finals this year. If they keep this group together next year the new coach will walk into a team with a very solid base.
Would be a good job, they would want someone who is committed to role for 4 to 5 years. Great base with great juniors (u16's just won the flag).
Wonder if they will approach former junior, premiership player, and Darley premiership coach Jarrod Edwards.

Well said Doc. He did stay there for a number of years and they work to a smaller budget if I'm correct. Think he left for a change and probably felt it was time to move on. Got to admire these coaches who stay for long periods.

Big last round today. A lot on the line for 6th and 7th. Be interesting to see if the Panthers can redeem themselves for the hiding they got against Darley at the start of the year. With a few key injuries and omissions from both sides it should be a tight game. The Lakers taking on East Point will decide the fate of the panthers, once they win of course. Expect the Lakers to win that easy on current form, but a few have suggested that East may get the 'win'. Wait and see. Tips Panthers by 3 goals, Lakers by 8 goals plus

Big last round today. A lot on the line for 6th and 7th. Be interesting to see if the Panthers can redeem themselves for the hiding they got against Darley at the start of the year. With a few key injuries and omissions from both sides it should be a tight game. The Lakers taking on East Point will decide the fate of the panthers, once they win of course. Expect the Lakers to win that easy on current form, but a few have suggested that East may get the 'win'. Wait and see. Tips Panthers by 3 goals, Lakers by 8 goals plus
I doubt South will beat Darley, but it will be closer than the 20 goal margin last time.
Match of the day is Marsh v Redan. If Marsh blow Redan away then hand them the cup now.

Lakers, Marsh, Sunbury, Darley and Redan look to be far from full strength today. Darley still too good for South. An upset is on the cards in the Lakers-EastPoint game. Lakers have rested 2 or 3 of what talls they have, so going in with a very small team. Could be a round of upsets with Redan, East, Melton all getting the unlikely win, none of which changes anything in the makeup of the final-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back