BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see The Courier has just picked up on Tom Lamb leaving Redan and heading back to Koondrook/Barham. I would have thought they may have been on to that months ago when he was appointed coach at Koondrook. Local newspapers need to stop just monitoring clearances and BigFooty to get the copy

I see The Courier has just picked up on Tom Lamb leaving Redan and heading back to Koondrook/Barham. I would have thought they may have been on to that months ago when he was appointed coach at Koondrook. Local newspapers need to stop just monitoring clearances and BigFooty to get the copy

Is Lamb head senior coach at Koondrook Barham ?

Marsh would have to start the season as raging favourite
I find that comment surprising as Darley were clearly better than the Marsh last season & with Kennedy & Edwards returning along with a ruckman (Dylan Reid) who had played seniors in the VFL 2 years ago, I think you will find Darley will be the team to beat. They now also understand the Heath Scotland game plan, so I believe they will be better structured as well. It's a credit to the Club's culture & the leadership from Scotland which has attracted a player such as Kennedy back to the club.

I find that comment surprising as Darley were clearly better than the Marsh last season & with Kennedy & Edwards returning along with a ruckman (Dylan Reid) who had played seniors in the VFL 2 years ago, I think you will find Darley will be the team to beat. They now also understand the Heath Scotland game plan, so I believe they will be better structured as well. It's a credit to the Club's culture & the leadership from Scotland which has attracted a player such as Kennedy back to the club.

It will be interesting. Scotland will be a massive loss on field, even at 38. But have retained most of the list.. Marsh will get Angwin back injury free and Maksymow from last years GF side and have added some quality with Jake Owen, Chisari brothers (Jacob who won a Morrish medal few years back), Big Willitts who will free up Maksymow up forward. Harrison King from Werribee, not sure how many games he will play due to the dev. League being scrapped. But Speight is the big one, as mentioned on this forum, killed it in the ovens and Murray Comp last year, which is probably a step higher than the BFL.

Last edited:
Marsh had a few out at the tail end of last year, and Darley have lost 4 or 5 good players from their premiership team.
IMO Marsh are favourites with who they have added, especially Speight who could potentially be the best player in the league. Obvious they are the two standout clubs though.

Marsh had a few out at the tail end of last year, and Darley have lost 4 or 5 good players from their premiership team.
IMO Marsh are favourites with who they have added, especially Speight who could potentially be the best player in the league. Obvious they are the two standout clubs though.
Yes its a worthwhile debate, all those players you have mentioned are quality, Jake Edwards will more than cover Docherty, Kennedy & Brian Graham will be formidable onball combination & yes we will see a Marsh V Darley Grand Final. PS, Scotland to play by round 7.

One things for sure , seeing the ins and outs of all clubs it looks like a two horse race. Lakers and Redan decimated by outs. And all the others were a long way off those four last year. East might be the big improvers if they can get their team on the ground for a period of time. Maybe Melton and hopefully Sebas with their list. Scotland no doubt the biggest loss of both sides. Docherty and Graham key losses. Edwards and Kennedy both guns. Wait and see on Reid , struggled in Essendon league. Heta and Denham big losses. Sleight big in , Owen and Chisari coming from Willi should be good. Willits played third division and at 30 plus big question mark. Angwin very good player if his body stands up and Maksymow is a gun but will he play the whole year. In my opinion whoever gets the most improvement from their locals will win it. Stuhldrier x 2 Bishop, Griffiths, Mullen, Sutherland, Phylands x 2 Coulton, Hehir, Noonan and Blundell, unfortunately Graham injured for the year at the Marsh and Spiteri, Delahey, Baker, Inglis, Evans, Young, Ancrum, Thacker, Robson, Cahill at Darley. And will Scotland be the difference and return mid season? Looking forward to round one.

One things for sure , seeing the ins and outs of all clubs it looks like a two horse race. Lakers and Redan decimated by outs. And all the others were a long way off those four last year. East might be the big improvers if they can get their team on the ground for a period of time. Maybe Melton and hopefully Sebas with their list. Scotland no doubt the biggest loss of both sides. Docherty and Graham key losses. Edwards and Kennedy both guns. Wait and see on Reid , struggled in Essendon league. Heta and Denham big losses. Sleight big in , Owen and Chisari coming from Willi should be good. Willits played third division and at 30 plus big question mark. Angwin very good player if his body stands up and Maksymow is a gun but will he play the whole year. In my opinion whoever gets the most improvement from their locals will win it. Stuhldrier x 2 Bishop, Griffiths, Mullen, Sutherland, Phylands x 2 Coulton, Hehir, Noonan and Blundell, unfortunately Graham injured for the year at the Marsh and Spiteri, Delahey, Baker, Inglis, Evans, Young, Ancrum, Thacker, Robson, Cahill at Darley. And will Scotland be the difference and return mid season? Looking forward to round one.
You have pretty well summed it up right there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it seem a bit odd to anyone else that Melton South are clearing Lynch to play in Queensland prior to the BFL starting?

Does anyone have any scores from practice matches from yesterday? Heard the North City Bell Park game was very close, so north must be traveling pretty well as they beat Eaglehawk easily too. Was told Eastpoint beat Golden Square easily yesterday.

Not the worst thing for them in my opinion
It’s interesting. Was no doubt one of the more dangerous players in the league, super talent.
But his undisciplined performance in last years semi final cost the Marsh dearly, and being suspended for grand final didn’t help either.

Last edited:
With round 1 this Saturday thought I might have a go at putting together a ranking list.

1. Darley, have added quality, covered losses.
2 B-marsh, looking stronger than last year.
3 North City, quietly built a solid list.
4. Melton sth look to have improved slightly
5. East Point, could be a surprise, young.
6. Sunbury, never count them out
7. Sebas, better, but depth an issue?
8. Melton. Might just miss finals.
9. Ballarat, maybe slightly better than 17.
10. Redan, decimated list from2017
11. Lakers, lost 15 or so, added little.

Hate to say it, but the Smokey might be North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back