BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturday might of showed what we already knew. A little bit off your game and anyone can win. Also showed that top 6 is still open but mind you I still think it will be bacchus, Darley, east, north, Sunbury and Melton. Lakers have tough draw, so will be tough and sebas/Ballarat will need to show more consistency. Marsh look a bit above at present but I don’t think anyone bar Darley have made it a s**t fight.

Saturday might of showed what we already knew. A little bit off your game and anyone can win. Also showed that top 6 is still open but mind you I still think it will be bacchus, Darley, east, north, Sunbury and Melton. Lakers have tough draw, so will be tough and sebas/Ballarat will need to show more consistency. Marsh look a bit above at present but I don’t think anyone bar Darley have made it a s**t fight.
Marsh by far are the best team in it at the moment. East gave them a scare but not sure they will worry them in September.
Darley lock them up and allow the Marsh no room to dictate terms. Devils may have too many injury concerns for that to even come into it.

Marsh are clear favourites at this stage
with East & Darley most likely to knock them off,
Darleys injuries may make it difficult for them - with that said, I expected the Marsh to get it done last year as well so it'll be interesting how it all unfolds.

Is it two early to say Darley are done for 2018? More long term injuries reported this week with Reid out and Spiteri possible ACL, their injury situation is almost Adelaide like! I’m calling it now Marsh v EastPoint grand final, marsh win!

Is it two early to say Darley are done for 2018? More long term injuries reported this week with Reid out and Spiteri possible ACL, their injury situation is almost Adelaide like! I’m calling it now Marsh v EastPoint grand final, marsh win!
Scotto might just have to pull them boots on! going to be very difficult for Darley from here, you might be on the money there!

What are your thoughts?
I think its obvious, The Marsh have the weaponry, Darley have injuries,write them off at your own Peril, under Scotland they are capable, it will come down to their bottom six on the day, as we all know what you get from their top six. East are a possibility & the rest cant win it! Exactly what you & everyone else are thinking. Keep up the banter, this Forum needs it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola kicked 4 yesterday, but it didn’t help Melton South, smashed by 128-points.
Entire committee should go. Might have been in a better position 2 years ago with Pederson. Getting beat by 128 points and your draw card and coach is playing for another team in another league. But it was all Manning’s fault

Entire committee should go. Might have been in a better position 2 years ago with Pederson. Getting beat by 128 points and your draw card and coach is playing for another team in another league. But it was all Manning’s fault

Absolutely in a better position 2 years ago. Might not ever recover from this disastrous experiment

Unfortunately it seems that sacking Manning is the bandaid solution for Souths peril this season. Has there any accountability from the committee?

Who is in charge of recruitment and who authorises the list management?

I thought South had many young home grown guns a few years ago? Are they still there or were they pushed out for others?
Ray, Lynch, Fevola, El Houli, Banner, Derrickx, Kommer, was Pears also on the list at one stage?. I'm sure there are many more.

All good players in their own right but I assume a hell of a lot of coin spent there for players in their twilight years. One or two of those recruits maybe beneficial but not a smorgasbord IMO.

There is a lot of South bashing and I think a lot is generally unwarranted on this forum. But real questions need to be asked. I understand committees at all clubs only try their best and have every intention on improving the culture but I hope the right questions are now being asked and are directed at the right people.

We all like to say I told you so but let's hope they can get their act together and salvage something for the rest of the year.

Unfortunately it seems that sacking Manning is the bandaid solution for Souths peril this season. Has there any accountability from the committee?

Who is in charge of recruitment and who authorises the list management?

I thought South had many young home grown guns a few years ago? Are they still there or were they pushed out for others?
Ray, Lynch, Fevola, El Houli, Banner, Derrickx, Kommer, was Pears also on the list at one stage?. I'm sure there are many more.

All good players in their own right but I assume a hell of a lot of coin spent there for players in their twilight years. One or two of those recruits maybe beneficial but not a smorgasbord IMO.

There is a lot of South bashing and I think a lot is generally unwarranted on this forum. But real questions need to be asked. I understand committees at all clubs only try their best and have every intention on improving the culture but I hope the right questions are now being asked and are directed at the right people.

We all like to say I told you so but let's hope they can get their act together and salvage something for the rest of the year.

I’ve got real concerns for both Sebas and South going forward. Sebas aren’t fielding teams above u/14 this year so will need points concessions for at least the next 7-years. Not sure how Souths juniors look but their support level at their senior games is the smallest in the league. It’s going to be long slow build for both to get a good mix of home grown players with their recruits.

I’ve got real concerns for both Sebas and South going forward. Sebas aren’t fielding teams above u/14 this year so will need points concessions for at least the next 7-years. Not sure how Souths juniors look but their support level at their senior games is the smallest in the league. It’s going to be long slow build for both to get a good mix of home grown players with their recruits.
If a club can’t field juniors above u14’s then this league is not for you. Off to the CHFL you go. Giving them extra points so they can compete is not sustainable.
South need to go to Riddell or they may not be around at all in a few years.

Sebas have one u16.5 team but the major issue is that they are not fielding u18.5s so have no feeder for the senior ranks. Unfortunately over recent years they seem to be bleeding a lot of kids to rival clubs and also Buninyong. Have heard suggestions that junior zones should be introduced so for example, Sebas residents play for Sebas and not Nth City or vice versa. Not sure it would work but has merit. Sth u18.5s are winless which could just be cyclic, hopefully not a flow on of their failed cash splashing mass recruiting.

Sebas have one u16.5 team but the major issue is that they are not fielding u18.5s so have no feeder for the senior ranks. Unfortunately over recent years they seem to be bleeding a lot of kids to rival clubs and also Buninyong. Have heard suggestions that junior zones should be introduced so for example, Sebas residents play for Sebas and not Nth City or vice versa. Not sure it would work but has merit. Sth u18.5s are winless which could just be cyclic, hopefully not a flow on of their failed cash splashing mass recruiting.
Sebas are fielding an u16.5 team but it’s not a 1st’s team it’s a reserves team and they’ve only won 2-games out of 8 against teams fielding both grades.
Don’t think Zones Are the answer in Ballarat, it’s up to the clubs to do the work and make they’re club attractive to kids, unfortunately Sebas dropped the ball years ago and it might be too late for them to turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back