BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can look in the mirror and say your 100% sure he made contact with the spectator your lying to yourself. Also when the video doesn't show contact and you don't have someone to say that he was kicked or kneed how can you be suspended? It's like being jailed for murder when there's no body. Although with all the over the top coverage of this you could have been forgiven for thinking he has.
Wasn't the charge unbecoming conduct? So he got off that charge because he didn't make contact! Ha Ha Ha that's funny! Was he playing charades?

Very fair point. Way too much hysteria. Lots driven by North City, pathetic when you think about it.

Cheap shot. Unless you know something which others don't, I haven't heard anything from North. I'd say the fact that umpires were confronted by idiots as they were attempting to leave the ground has been the driving force behind investigations etc. It's not on under any circumstances. No matter how incompetent they may seem, safety of umpires cannot be compromised. The fact that Darley chose to lie about the involvement of players in the incident would not have helped. Having said that, I agree 100% with Sayitaintso's post. The video shows Kur raise his knee, it doesn't show him knee anybody. Darley could have saved their money and used the canteen lady as an advocate instead of Findlay to get this charge thrown out.

Wasn't the charge unbecoming conduct? So he got off that charge because he didn't make contact! Ha Ha Ha that's funny! Was he playing charades?
Yes unbecoming conduct in that he kneed a spectator. No video evidence or spectator to prove it. Pleaded guilty to being involved in a melee and got a reprimand. So if that's the charge and it can't be proven what do you think should have happened?

Not deflecting anything. Darley mucked up and copped their treatment. Time to move on, they did pretty quick.
Can North beat the Cobras tomorrow?

I think they are a good chance. Marsh will be reeling after last week, but losing Sherlock is huge. Think the Marsh get up but will be a close game.

I'm interested to see if Sunbury can get over Redan. Redan have nearly got a full team back and smashed South a couple of weeks ago and gave Melton a good run on the weekend. Sunbury just got over South and haven't got a win in Ballarat this year (inlcuding losing to the Swans).

I think they are a good chance. Marsh will be reeling after last week, but losing Sherlock is huge. Think the Marsh get up but will be a close game.

I'm interested to see if Sunbury can get over Redan. Redan have nearly got a full team back and smashed South a couple of weeks ago and gave Melton a good run on the weekend. Sunbury just got over South and haven't got a win in Ballarat this year (inlcuding losing to the Swans).
North would need to improve to get close, going off the round 3 encounter and their 3 losses in a row. But you never know

Not deflecting anything. Darley mucked up and copped their treatment. Time to move on, they did pretty quick.
Can North beat the Cobras tomorrow?
Great Post Alabama!! I have just returned from a little Holiday in the sun & Darley has certainly moved on, it should be a great contest today between Lakers & The Devils, as I said in previous post, write Darley off at your own peril!!! Graham not far away from returning! :)

Had to work yesterday, looks like I missed a couple of rippers. North pull one out of no where to beat Cobras, and Darley win again and get some more injuries.
What’s up with Sunbury? Didn’t they win their first 4 or 5 and are now 7 and 5.
East look set to finish top with a two game break, and only 1 game separates 2nd from 8th. Unbelievable year, has not been this even for over a decade. BFL would be wrapped.

Had to work yesterday, looks like I missed a couple of rippers. North pull one out of no where to beat Cobras, and Darley win again and get some more injuries.
What’s up with Sunbury? Didn’t they win their first 4 or 5 and are now 7 and 5.
East look set to finish top with a two game break, and only 1 game separates 2nd from 8th. Unbelievable year, has not been this even for over a decade. BFL would be wrapped.

One of the tighter comps in recent memory,
Darley just know how to get the job done it seems.
Important win from a North perspective given the hiding that we received in rnd 3, picked up a few injuries though which doesn't help.
Sunbury are hard to gauge, on their day they can beat anyone as they're dangerous going forward but the wheels have fallen off a little of late.
It'll certainly be interesting to see how the next few weeks play out (stating the bleeding obvious)

One of the tighter comps in recent memory,
Darley just know how to get the job done it seems.
Important win from a North perspective given the hiding that we received in rnd 3, picked up a few injuries though which doesn't help.
Sunbury are hard to gauge, on their day they can beat anyone as they're dangerous going forward but the wheels have fallen off a little of late.
It'll certainly be interesting to see how the next few weeks play out (stating the bleeding obvious)
Going on the fixture, it looks like the top 5 is set, with Lakers coming in 6th, The Bloods look finals bound!

This isn’t just a post to slag South off. However, yesterday they played with 45 points and lost to Melton who fielded only 25 points. They would be maximum on the salary cap also. They already have 3 more points than the rest of the comp and have only won 1 game. The salary cap and points are meant to even clubs up. What is the answer for a club in Souths predicament? Except time and patience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn’t just a post to slag South off. However, yesterday they played with 45 points and lost to Melton who fielded only 25 points. They would be maximum on the salary cap also. They already have 3 more points than the rest of the comp and have only won 1 game. The salary cap and points are meant to even clubs up. What is the answer for a club in Souths predicament? Except time and patience

You have more to say than anyone...what are your suggestions?

You have more to say than anyone...what are your suggestions?
Well more points isn’t the answer because they would probably only waste them. They do have some decent kids and they desperately need to keep a good group of them together. With what they are putting on the park they really shouldn’t be this bad. You can probably put the performances down to the Fev appointment being a disaster.
Not sure how many of their recruits will be there next year but they should probably put everything into getting Conway there full time if that is an option.
A decent coach would be a start, their current level of professionalism isn’t up to this leagues standard.
Hopefully they have something planned and have started that plan now, because they can’t put up another year or two like this.

Well more points isn’t the answer because they would probably only waste them. They do have some decent kids and they desperately need to keep a good group of them together. With what they are putting on the park they really shouldn’t be this bad. You can probably put the performances down to the Fev appointment being a disaster.
Not sure how many of their recruits will be there next year but they should probably put everything into getting Conway there full time if that is an option.
A decent coach would be a start, their current level of professionalism isn’t up to this leagues standard.
Hopefully they have something planned and have started that plan now, because they can’t put up another year or two like this.

OK Alabama. For obvious reasons, since my exit from South I have never made a comment about South on this Forum. I will give you my thoughts on the situation. Before I start there are people involved at South who have been there for years & have thrown in their hard earn for years, its those people who I respect & admire, they have never walked away from the club during the tough times when others have. My brother was involved with the club since the early eighties, he & his mates would all stand over in bay 13 rain, hail or shine & give you a mouth full, I ought to know as I played for an opposition club. Some Champions have played for the club & gone onto play AFL/VFL & some of the biggest Champions have worked tirelessly off the ground running the club. Leigh Morcom has served over 15 years as a treasurer & Peter Earl has been there, since the 2nd World War, there are many others who have made a contribution. It is easy to pot people & criticize as we all have an opinion, so I wont be doing that. Melton are on the right track, they have recruited a couple of mature bodies to complement their youth, they have stuck to their plan of developing the kids, within three years they will most probably be Premiers. so long as they build a culture with it. Darley has the right culture, for example, they received injuries early, Heath was asked if he was going to go out & recruit some players to replace the injured ones, his response was," if we are going to recruit players at this time of the year, what sought of players are going to cross over from their club to Darley" meaning disloyal players leaving their clubs half way through the year to come to Darley for all the wrong reasons, spells GREAT CULTURE! Scott hasn't panicked & its starting to come together, the clubs in great hands. Heath Pritchard is a good man & has experience at VFL level, so he know the game, coming into a club half way through a season after sacking a coach is not an ideal situation & it is my belief that South would have been better going the journey with the man they themselves gave the job to. It is my belief that Heath would have been better coming in fresh for next year, that way he can introduce his blue print & teach them his match plan pre season, so they all are singing from the same hymn book. Going for Fev gave the club some excitement & some hope, after my tenure they needed to do something. It is my opinion they are better suited to play in the RDFL, that's were they originated from & that's where they belong. A flag would cost South money they cant afford in the BFL & no good for anyone to recruit mercenaries except for the mercenaries, recruit half a dozen good players & blend them in with the kids, be patient and the wins will come. For what its worth, that's my opinion.

Great summation. I had just used South as an example as I knew more about them than clubs with similar issues in other leagues. Or maybe there are not too many examples of clubs paying up to the cap and using their full allocation of points that are struggling like South.
No doubt they have loyal and hard working people behind the scenes. The coach is the key, like Darley and Marsh. Someone who is not only the coach but drives the culture and attitude of the entire club. Hopefully Pritchard is that man.

Great summation. I had just used South as an example as I knew more about them than clubs with similar issues in other leagues. Or maybe there are not too many examples of clubs paying up to the cap and using their full allocation of points that are struggling like South.
No doubt they have loyal and hard working people behind the scenes. The coach is the key, like Darley and Marsh. Someone who is not only the coach but drives the culture and attitude of the entire club. Hopefully Pritchard is that man.
Hard to change the culture as coach when they give you the arse after just 6 weeks. 3 of those South lead at half time. We are talking about a side that has had very limited success. I think you will find that the last coach tried to change certain things and look at what happened to him. obviously hasn't worked because the recent loses are even worse then the first half of the season. The people running the club are the ones that need to change or be changed because recent history tells you they don't have much of an idea.

Hard to change the culture as coach when they give you the arse after just 6 weeks. 3 of those South lead at half time. We are talking about a side that has had very limited success. I think you will find that the last coach tried to change certain things and look at what happened to him. obviously hasn't worked because the recent loses are even worse then the first half of the season. The people running the club are the ones that need to change or be changed because recent history tells you they don't have much of an idea.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure Melton Sth had 0 wins prior to Heath Pritchard coming on board. He has got them a win in his short time there.

Good appointment imo as his a positive person and brings energy and a game plan. Not sure the person he replaced had that type of coaching style..

It would appear from the outside Fev brought some excitement into the club and that’s not a bad platform to starting building from. Yes he might not be the ideal coach but he would have given them a package of benefits that you can use to rebound and build..

It’s looks like they might have recruited to many similar typed players and didn’t look to improve the spine and build around that..

On Melton Bloods they must surely be congratulated for bringing through so many homegrowns and look to have a bright future. Not many sides in local footy play with points that low and still play good footy. I guess Greenvale in the EDFL are similar. Great stuff Bloods..

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure Melton Sth had 0 wins prior to Heath Pritchard coming on board. He has got them a win in his short time there.

Good appointment imo as his a positive person and brings energy and a game plan. Not sure the person he replaced had that type of coaching style..

It would appear from the outside Fev brought some excitement into the club and that’s not a bad platform to starting building from. Yes he might not be the ideal coach but he would have given them a package of benefits that you can use to rebound and build..

It’s looks like they might have recruited to many similar typed players and didn’t look to improve the spine and build around that..

On Melton Bloods they must surely be congratulated for bringing through so many homegrowns and look to have a bright future. Not many sides in local footy play with points that low and still play good footy. I guess Greenvale in the EDFL are similar. Great stuff Bloods..
Hard to find a positive out of the Fev appointment. Had better crowds for a while but any money they made they would be spending and wasting this year. They had zero wins before Fev and 1 win so far post Fev.
It is great stuff by the Bloods, they have the nucleus of a team that only need a few top end recruits to be a good side for the next decade.

So are you saying it was the coaches fault south were 0 and 6? Leigh Matthews could coach them and they wouldn't be much better. No key defenders, no key fwd without Fev. I don't really think 6 games is a fair enough sample size if you are trying to implement change. Brendan Bolten has been given 3 years and his record aint too flash. We are talking about a bloke who has had success. Premiership player at South, Premiership coach in EDFL. Maybe give him a season or 2 to try and change what has been a pretty poor culture. I am not bagging Heath but he has never coached before and yes he has won a game which his predecessor didn't but his 5 losses have been pretty ordinary. (big Margins). Is this Heaths fault??? No. he is just a victim as was manning of coaching a very poorly run organisation. In the last 10 years how many games do u think they have won? How many finals appearances? won one flag in 45 years. Surely it aint all the coaches fault.

So are you saying it was the coaches fault south were 0 and 6? Leigh Matthews could coach them and they wouldn't be much better. No key defenders, no key fwd without Fev. I don't really think 6 games is a fair enough sample size if you are trying to implement change. Brendan Bolten has been given 3 years and his record aint too flash. We are talking about a bloke who has had success. Premiership player at South, Premiership coach in EDFL. Maybe give him a season or 2 to try and change what has been a pretty poor culture. I am not bagging Heath but he has never coached before and yes he has won a game which his predecessor didn't but his 5 losses have been pretty ordinary. (big Margins). Is this Heaths fault??? No. he is just a victim as was manning of coaching a very poorly run organisation. In the last 10 years how many games do u think they have won? How many finals appearances? won one flag in 45 years. Surely it aint all the coaches fault.

Hey mate, I’m not up to date with everything in this league so you can tell me to go. but wasn’t Manning there from round 1 as the senior assistant and in charge when Fev wasn’t there. That’s more than 6 games and enough time to change things..

Agree bad recruiting which was Scorchers doing yes? So can’t blame that on Manning.

On Manning yes he coached a premiership in the edfl but that was not in the top grade of EDFL and BFL is a stronger league so the question remains if he has enough tricks to coach at that higher standard. But hey at least he had go which is more than most of us...

Hard to find a positive out of the Fev appointment. Had better crowds for a while but any money they made they would be spending and wasting this year. They had zero wins before Fev and 1 win so far post Fev.
It is great stuff by the Bloods, they have the nucleus of a team that only need a few top end recruits to be a good side for the next decade.

Agree. The only thing Fevola brought to South was a hashtag #lasttofirst, borne out of arrogance as much as false hope. Holidays in Bali, more investment in his career as a media buffoon, inability to train or play with the club he coaches contrasted by his willingness to accept a fist full of cash for one off appearances in other leagues shows his blatant lack of committment to South's efforts to improve. The effect that lack of committment would have on the team, particularly the younger players would be debilitating and drags a poor culture deeper into the hole. I've read a lot of wraps for the blokes working behind the scenes at South and no doubt they are tireless and have their hearts in the right place, but, they are clearly failing the club. To put up with Fevola's indifference, spectator misbehaviour as displayed by the ambo incident last year, a punch up between a junior coach and one of his players are all pointers to a poor culture which won't be fixed overnight. It's no bold prediction to suggest that South are effectively finished in the BFL and it would surprise to see them still in the comp behind 2019 at best.

Agree. The only thing Fevola brought to South was a hashtag #lasttofirst, borne out of arrogance as much as false hope. Holidays in Bali, more investment in his career as a media buffoon, inability to train or play with the club he coaches contrasted by his willingness to accept a fist full of cash for one off appearances in other leagues shows his blatant lack of committment to South's efforts to improve. The effect that lack of committment would have on the team, particularly the younger players would be debilitating and drags a poor culture deeper into the hole. I've read a lot of wraps for the blokes working behind the scenes at South and no doubt they are tireless and have their hearts in the right place, but, they are clearly failing the club. To put up with Fevola's indifference, spectator misbehaviour as displayed by the ambo incident last year, a punch up between a junior coach and one of his players are all pointers to a poor culture which won't be fixed overnight. It's no bold prediction to suggest that South are effectively finished in the BFL and it would surprise to see them still in the comp behind 2019 at best.

To be fair to Fevola his one off appearances didn't have any impact on Yarrawonga when he was there...I can also say honestly that his one off appearance at our club did have a positive affect

To be fair to Fevola his one off appearances didn't have any impact on Yarrawonga when he was there...I can also say honestly that his one off appearance at our club did have a positive affect
Horses for courses. Was never the right choice as coach for a club like south. With what we know now, anyone who says it was is kidding themselves, and defending him is even worse.
I see there was more action on the weekend, bit of a melee between the two Lions outfits. Didn’t look like anything will come out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back