BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to the Melton Bloods tomorrow in the Grand Final.
What a great effort to make it with 21 out of the 22 players coming through the juniors.
I don't reckon there would be to many clubs around playing finals on 24 points.

Good luck to the Melton Bloods tomorrow in the Grand Final.
What a great effort to make it with 21 out of the 22 players coming through the juniors.
I don't reckon there would be to many clubs around playing finals on 24 points.
Great effort over a long time by Melton to build this team of locals. East point a little different but still with plenty of juniors, not sure if it’s right but I was told during the week their average age is under 22 so plenty of future potential there. Can’t wait for great game tomorrow.

First 10 minutes of the third term is what did Melton
Pretty well spot on there Bambino, Melton's strength was on the outside with their run, unfortunately for them they got caught up in a physical battle at times with too many stoppages & Points bigger bodies in close won out. Great signs for the Bloods moving forward if they can keep the kids.

Pretty well spot on there Bambino, Melton's strength was on the outside with their run, unfortunately for them they got caught up in a physical battle at times with too many stoppages & Points bigger bodies in close won out. Great signs for the Bloods moving forward if they can keep the kids.

Agreed. But I would say kicking 1 goal 5 behinds in the second quarter hurt too. East were able to take their chances when they came and really got the momentum.

Kight hit the post early in the second which would have put Melton up by 34 points was a big moment. Melton couldn't get the goal to get the lead above 30 points and a bit more breathing space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they have the $$ then they have points up there sleeve to recruit some inside strength and an experienced leader type. Great future ahead for the bloods.

If they have the $$ then they have points up there sleeve to recruit some inside strength and an experienced leader type. Great future ahead for the bloods.

Bloods issue has always been getting players that want to play there, Melbourne players dont want to play footy in Ballarat so only chance is to develop local kids and retain the crop that head to Western Jets and onto VFL to ensure they come back to MacPherson park rather than chase the bigger $ available in EDFL. Gun Strathmore player Luke Jarrad is a Melton Jnr and grew up around the club watching the team every week, I just wonder with the teams success this year if he is someone the Bloods should be targeting, wouldnt come cheap though.

Melton got within a bees dick of a premiership, if they prioritise retention they'll be well placed going into the future, leave the mercenaries for South and the EDFL clubs.
All silliness to the side, Saturday was a great showcase of footy in the region, having some decent weather certainly didn't hurt either.

Bloods issue has always been getting players that want to play there, Melbourne players dont want to play footy in Ballarat so only chance is to develop local kids and retain the crop that head to Western Jets and onto VFL to ensure they come back to MacPherson park rather than chase the bigger $ available in EDFL. Gun Strathmore player Luke Jarrad is a Melton Jnr and grew up around the club watching the team every week, I just wonder with the teams success this year if he is someone the Bloods should be targeting, wouldnt come cheap though.
Spot on here with the travel to Ballarat being an issue for some people.
Murphy contacted Luke Jarrad on return last year and I’m sure Tymms is doing the same thing but he lives not far from Strathmore and his wife and kids love going to watch him play footy every week. Despite his love for the Bloods the Ballarat FL might just not suit his families lifestyle.
Not really the kind of guy to go club hopping but was close with Grima so if he has moved on this might be Melton’s best chance to ever get him, only way I see him leaving Mores would be to go to a Melton club due to connections there.

All 22 that played for Melton on Saturday have resigned for next year apparently. Word that has been going around all year is that Tymms will be bringing a few of Albions better players across in 2019.

Not sure anyone on Albion's lit could help Melton given how well they went this year. Could be the danger zone if they go recruiting just to recruit. Don't they have some home grown players that are still VFL listed, maybe best bet is just get them full time.

Not sure anyone on Albion's lit could help Melton given how well they went this year. Could be the danger zone if they go recruiting just to recruit. Don't they have some home grown players that are still VFL listed, maybe best bet is just get them full time.

Todd Finco and Bench are names that have come up. But agree, don’t think there’s much on Albions list i’d bother with if I were Melton.

Todd Finco and Bench are names that have come up. But agree, don’t think there’s much on Albions list i’d bother with if I were Melton.

Bench is a gun however he will be difficult to get as his pretty entrenched at Albion through family ties plus his captain. But if you could snag him you won’t be disappointed..
Finch maybe a chance and probably a good fit into the bloods forward line.

Anyone heard who the Marsh are targeting for coach?

I have heard Sam Gilbert or Michael Barlow, not sure how solid this is.

Also heard Jarrad Waite to Darley, but again not sure if just a rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back