BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that it was reported they had their meeting and voted overwhelmingly to leave but there's a post on WRFL forum that they're staying put. Anybody care to confirm or deny either rumour???[/QUOTE

My understanding is they are staying in 2019 with a view to moving in 2020. Not sure if it is a good decision and in the best interests of both the club and football in Melton.

Good decision as it gives the coach a chance to see how it goes this season with a full pre season of training and recruiting. I do see their best player has signed on at Coburg full time, so they will need to recruit a few players to be competitive.

Ballan have 3 pretty big ins
UOTE="merrigan, post: 58205501, member: 43291"]Would have to be more than massive for a reigning Hendo medallist to pull up stumps at a premiership contender and leave behind the bowling green surfaces in the BFL to go to the cow paddocks in the CHFL. Ballan are miles off it and Hepburn not really on the cusp either but the latter would certainly be able to throw $$$$$$$ at him.[/QUOTE]

Would have to be more than massive for a reigning Hendo medallist to pull up stumps at a premiership contender and leave behind the bowling green surfaces in the BFL to go to the cow paddocks in the CHFL. Ballan are miles off it and Hepburn not really on the cusp either but the latter would certainly be able to throw $$$$$$$ at him.
Burton signed at the marsh again after having some big offers elsewhere, even a rival club? Not much word on recruiting except for one or two. Have been told with no development league and current VFL players having a home club already, that there's not a lot out there. Maybe salary cap and points are working in this league?

Burton signed at the marsh again after having some big offers elsewhere, even a rival club? Not much word on recruiting except for one or two. Have been told with no development league and current VFL players having a home club already, that there's not a lot out there. Maybe salary cap and points are working in this league?

Big signing by the Darley Football Club is the word? Graham brother.....

What's the latest from around the league?

Down the east side of the league Darley have strengthened adding 2 Graham's, but have lost Kennedy. The Marsh have lost speight, but haven't appeared to recruit any new guys. Melton South have been pretty quiet apart from some departures. And Melton looked to have strengthened with the additions of Shaun Campbell and Dyson Stevens.

Most of the Ballarat sides have been relatively quiet of late, with East signing a few players a while ago and Ballarat getting Andrew Hooper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WRFL Division1 club looking for a practice match on the 23/3/2019 or the week before, for seniors reserves and 18's. Our ground is unavailable.

Please DM me if interested.

Anyone got any news? Not much going on here. Looking at the clearances there doesn’t look to be any major departures or arrivals that have not already been in the papers.

I agree, it's very quiet on here.

What practice matches do club's have lined up?
North have:
Saturday March 16th- vs Burnside Heights
Saturday March 23rd- @ Bell Park
Saturday March 30th- @ Eaglehawk

Maybe Trav Hodgson should just forfeit next time he’s up against Scotland. Save his record from becoming more embarrassing. 8 out of last 9 lost I think, Darley also had plenty out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back