BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melton South really need to put in a reasonable performance against Lakers this week, if they don't, their future in this comp MAY be pretty much over. So far this year the average score for their 3-teams (Senior, reserves U/19) is just 29-points per game, while each of their teams have conceded 117 on average. You can't expect your club supporters, volunteers and sponsors to keep showing up at games witnessing their team being heavily defeated like this each week.
They seem to have made a real effort this year to engage with other clubs and interact in a positive way, it seems, from an outsider, Pritchard may be driving this. However I am concerned that they may run out of time to develop their young players, to help turn their fortunes around and we may lose them from the BFL.

Melton South really need to put in a reasonable performance against Lakers this week, if they don't, their future in this comp MAY be pretty much over. So far this year the average score for their 3-teams (Senior, reserves U/19) is just 29-points per game, while each of their teams have conceded 117 on average. You can't expect your club supporters, volunteers and sponsors to keep showing up at games witnessing their team being heavily defeated like this each week.
They seem to have made a real effort this year to engage with other clubs and interact in a positive way, it seems, from an outsider, Pritchard may be driving this. However I am concerned that they may run out of time to develop their young players, to help turn their fortunes around and we may lose them from the BFL.
IMO it'd be a shame if they were to move on but ultimately they have to look after their own interests, hopefully they're able to start to turn things around.

On a more positive note, there are some really interesting matchups this weekend particularly:
Sunbury/Melton
Redan/East Point

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

IMO it'd be a shame if they were to move on but ultimately they have to look after their own interests, hopefully they're able to start to turn things around.

On a more positive note, there are some really interesting matchups this weekend particularly:
Sunbury/Melton
Redan/East Point

North v Sebas pretty important too, the looser goes into round 7 with just 1-win.

North v Sebas pretty important too, the looser goes into round 7 with just 1-win.
I may have been glossing over that one mate.
We need the win to stay within striking distance of the finals contenders - it should be a good contest though.

I may have been glossing over that one mate.
We need the win to stay within striking distance of the finals contenders - it should be a good contest though.

So who wins Jet? Goodes is in according to the papers. Is this his 1st game? It seems like Sebastapol has underachieved a bit this year but I am not as informed as you might be. In a broader sense while East are probably currently favourites, I was super impressed with Redan.

So who wins Jet? Goodes is in according to the papers. Is this his 1st game? It seems like Sebastapol has underachieved a bit this year but I am not as informed as you might be. In a broader sense while East are probably currently favourites, I was super impressed with Redan.

Sebas would definitely be disappointed after adding quality like Kiel and Thoolen after their improved efforts last year

Silver, you know I'm not going to tip against North.:thumbsu:
Goodes played the first couple of rounds against the Swans & Lakers, obviously he'll be a more than handy inclusion for Sebast, he's a class act.
East are flag favourites for mine but Redan, Darley & Melton are playing some great footy too, Redan saluting tomorrow would be huge for them.
O & Truck would be one of the better combinations around the stoppage in country footy IMO.

Silver, you know I'm not going to tip against North.:thumbsu:
Goodes played the first couple of rounds against the Swans & Lakers, obviously he'll be a more than handy inclusion for Sebast, he's a class act.
East are flag favourites for mine but Redan, Darley & Melton are playing some great footy too, Redan saluting tomorrow would be huge for them.
O & Truck would be one of the better combinations around the stoppage in country footy IMO.
Assuming Truck is Lachie George so I totally agree. George should be still playing VFL as he is a level above country footy.
The big O could play for years I reckon as he is such a big powerful ruckman in the BFL.

How many ex-St Pats boys are at North? I was talking to a couple of mates today and they are everywhere across the league. I think we counted 7-8 in the Ballarat side.

Assuming Truck is Lachie George so I totally agree. George should be still playing VFL as he is a level above country footy.
The big O could play for years I reckon as he is such a big powerful ruckman in the BFL.

How many ex-St Pats boys are at North? I was talking to a couple of mates today and they are everywhere across the league. I think we counted 7-8 in the Ballarat side.
Sorry mate, yes I was meaning George.
We'd have around a dozen SPC boys in the ones with a few more sidelined atm - there's plenty SPC old boys getting around the comp that's for sure.

Being the Ballarat football league I guess there are lots of players that went to school in Ballarat

Huge clash today, loser probably will struggle to play finals, both North and Sebas would have expected to play in September at the start of the year.

Being the Ballarat football league I guess there are lots of players that went to school in Ballarat

Huge clash today, loser probably will struggle to play finals, both North and Sebas would have expected to play in September at the start of the year.
Although you have answered a different question to the one I asked bluejet, thanks for your insight.

Few strange results this week. Redan show they're a serious contender. Melton south have their first win. Sunbury do it easy against Melton and Ballarat get within a kick of Darley.

Does anyone know why George got the flick from the Seagulls?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told that he walked away rather than being given the flick.
Both he and his business are located out at Lake Goldsmith so it's a bit of a hike to Willy.
Wasn't sure what the reason was, thought it may have been Willy rebuilding with younger stocks, offloading a few older blokes like George and Ben Jolley.

May i ask what is going on with Darley and the u/19's team forfeiting games?
It's left me confused that's all guys. I respect you.
From what I was told they had a week where over the three grades they had about 35 players unavailable last week for various reasons. They have sometimes 6 or 7 under 19’s playing seniors and they top up the under 19 side with under 17’s, but both of those had to play on the same day. That’s what I heard anyway. At full strength the Darley under 19’s probably finish top 3, disappointing to not field a team last week but probably won’t happen again.

Lost of surprising results last week. Are Redan now the side to beat. They have breathed life into the season in any case.

From what I was told they had a week where over the three grades they had about 35 players unavailable last week for various reasons. They have sometimes 6 or 7 under 19’s playing seniors and they top up the under 19 side with under 17’s, but both of those had to play on the same day. That’s what I heard anyway. At full strength the Darley under 19’s probably finish top 3, disappointing to not field a team last week but probably won’t happen again.

Lost of surprising results last week. Are Redan now the side to beat. They have breathed life into the season in any case.
It's been happening all season mate.

18'& 19's footy is a huge problem all over Victoria. The AFL only concentrate on TAC teams, I mean even Tassie lost their TAC program a few years back WTF. They have returned to the comp this year & will have a team in the VFL within two years, I believe. Clubs need to start thinking outside the square, when it comes to the 19's, they are your investment. The reason Melton made the GF last year, is because they have some great players who returned from the Jets & wanted to play back at their junior club with their mates. (Congratulations to the MFC) The Governance of this club has been exceptional. They have not gone crazy throwing $$$ at ex AFL players or mercenaries, who fly in for the day! They have looked after their own kids. The MFC have shown & proven that this is the way forward, they have been patient & methodical. Darley have also done well with their 19's & due to injuries to senior players, they have had to call on the kids. Painful now but a breeding ground for the seniors. Clubs who throw $$$ at mercenaries which will fail in the long run, you can see the trend all over Victoria. Make an incentive program for your under 19's & look after them, pay for the their socks, shorts, boots, as some of these kids are still at school & from a single family. Build it & they will come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back