BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Big Footy world!

Paddy D getting very excited here with only 3 sleeps to go until the siren blows.

Notman free to play from rd 2. Bang.
Pears flying
Kommer flying
Fev, bit fat, but flying.

Get down to Panther Park on Saturday for what promises to be a memorable day.

On what grounds did they win the appeal on ?

Makes Saturday even more interesting now

Yes ab, I'm also interested in how he got cleared.
I'm on the Melton Sth wagon but always believed a contract should be honoured unless both clubs settle on something early to allow the losing club to cover the loss or a player is leaving for the right reasons like heading home to the country, interstate, playing with relatives coaching maybe, employment reasons or heading back to junior club in there latter years to give something back. I like Notman as meet him some years ago but not a fan of players leaving clubs after 1 year.. Clubs are doing it tough recruiting players with the amount of $$ some players are asking and these things don't help.

Yes ab, I'm also interested in how he got cleared.
I'm on the Melton Sth wagon but always believed a contract should be honoured unless both clubs settle on something early to allow the losing club to cover the loss or a player is leaving for the right reasons like heading home to the country, interstate, playing with relatives coaching maybe, employment reasons or heading back to junior club in there latter years to give something back. I like Notman as meet him some years ago but not a fan of players leaving clubs after 1 year.. Clubs are doing it tough recruiting players with the amount of $$ some players are asking and these things don't help.
He's been there for 4 years.

Released on the condition that he doesn't play round 1 against melton :drunk: wonder if the condition includes later on in the season when Melton v Melton South

This was always gonna happen. Cleared after this week, wonder how much south coughed up? Has anyone actually ever sat out a year of footy over contract disputes ?

This was always gonna happen. Cleared after this week, wonder how much south coughed up? Has anyone actually ever sat out a year of footy over contract disputes ?
pretty sure it happened last year with a young bloke from Sebas who wanted to go to his home club in the CHFL.

Pathetic effort by the Melton bloods admin, held all the aces and folded like the spineless cowards they are.

untitledkj.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One day to go !

MELTON SOUTH
B: D Leggett, T Pears, W Thornton-Gielen
HB: D Hiller, A Storey, S White
C: L Watkins, A Hibbert, N Kommer
HF: M Banner, A El Houli, M Callus
F: M Lynch, B Fevola, B Sortino
R: C Searle, M El Houli, B Peters
Inter: B Hooper, B Sullivan, D Martin-Walker, D Vajusta

Highlighted are the non locals (not sure about Storey & Sortino)

MELTON
B: C Armstrong, B Archard, M Licciardo
HB: M Beck, M Brockwell, D Falzon
C: C Griffiths, J Gleeson, L Walker
HF: A Grigg, J Hickey, L Hickey
F: B Kight, N Gale, J Walker
R: M Maric, D Sharp, B Souter
Inter: R Davis, M Huckstepp, D Walker, R Walker

One day to go !

MELTON SOUTH

MELTON

Sortino originally from Keilor mate. Thanks for posting the teams.

One day to go !

MELTON SOUTH

MELTON
The flag odds are out. Marsh $3 south $3.25 lakers $3.50 redan $7 Darley $9 Melton $13 city $17 Sunbury $21 east $26 Sebast $34 Ballarat $41. Hope you snap them up pat. When your 3 nil you'll be $1.90.

Went Saturday for a look. Not as bigger crowd as I thought there would be. Maybe at most 1,500- 2,000 before the storm.

Fev kicked nearly all of souths score in the first qtr. Had 2 go up against him most contests. I felt sorry for no.42 For bloods, C.Armstrong, who's job was to fill in the whole in front of Fev. Melton held their own in the first playing with 17 men after Grigg got yellow carded, not sure what for??

2nd qtr Melton got on top and carved south up through the middle of the ground going forward. Recruit Ben Archard looked pretty good. Took a few strong grabs along with a few goals. Kommer got plenty of it. El-Houli good. Banner barely sighted.. Gleeson & one of the walkers for melton were good. Grigg struggled, but will reserve judgment until I see him on a bigger dry deck. Could draw a line through the ruck battle.

Storm hit half way through the 3rd and the spectacle went with it. Half the crowd banished. Was just a sh*t fight for the rest of the game playing with a bar of soap. Melton south have plenty of work to do, before they can be classed as flag favourites. In my honest opinion, The weather saved Panthers, and if that storm didnt arrive, I would of backed bloods to run over the top of them kicking with the 'scoring end' in the last.

Went Saturday for a look. Not as bigger crowd as I thought there would be. Maybe at most 1,500- 2,000 before the storm.

Fev kicked nearly all of souths score in the first qtr. Had 2 go up against him most contests. I felt sorry for no.42 For bloods, C.Armstrong, who's job was to fill in the whole in front of Fev. Melton held their own in the first playing with 17 men after Grigg got yellow carded, not sure what for??

2nd qtr Melton got on top and carved south up through the middle of the ground going forward. Recruit Ben Archard looked pretty good. Took a few strong grabs along with a few goals. Kommer got plenty of it. El-Houli good. Banner barely sighted.. Gleeson & one of the walkers for melton were good. Grigg struggled, but will reserve judgment until I see him on a bigger dry deck. Could draw a line through the ruck battle.

Storm hit half way through the 3rd and the spectacle went with it. Half the crowd banished. Was just a sh*t fight for the rest of the game playing with a bar of soap. Melton south have plenty of work to do, before they can be classed as flag favourites. In my honest opinion, The weather saved Panthers, and if that storm didnt arrive, I would of backed bloods to run over the top of them kicking with the 'scoring end' in the last.
Couldn't agree more 5 or 6 blokes very underdone , first time that team has played together will get a better gauge of we're we are at round 6 or 7 in saying that I think Melton have improved a fair bit aswell if they had Notman they probably would of won the game lol

Couldn't agree more 5 or 6 blokes very underdone , first time that team has played together will get a better gauge of we're we are at round 6 or 7 in saying that I think Melton have improved a fair bit aswell if they had Notman they probably would of won the game lol
How many weeks did the bloke from Melton get that broke A. Houlli's jaw. Yellow carded in first 5 mins I heard.

How many weeks did the bloke from Melton get that broke A. Houlli's jaw. Yellow carded in first 5 mins I heard.

Tribunal has been delayed until after easter. Did he actually break Houlis jaw ? He didnt seem in too much discomfort in his post match BOG interview by the BFL. I was watching from other end but my understanding it was a little jumper punch. Don't know how them two came about as I thought Grigg was playing on Angus Storey.

Attention turns to Good Friday now, Melton South vs Sunbury. Id expect to Melton South to be 5 times better this week. Notman will be in. Pears will be better for the run.
Sunbury lost a heap over the summer and not much coming in. Although I seen their is a clearance for Medcraft lodged today back to Sunbury from Cairns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back