BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we had to recruit 8-10 vfl players to bring us up the ladder you don’t recruit central highlands or Maryborough Castlemaine players.. and we should be able to pay them with the gate takings, plus there not on as much as you think, they all have taken pay cuts to get more quality in. And for the junior side players are coming next year. And for senior/reserves players are coming left right and centre.
You'd be doing well to pay them players off the gate takings of 8 or 9 home games!
Don't get me wrong I think Sebas has a fair bit going for it, like: the cheapest house prices in the town! Mind you, you'd want a good security system to hang on to your possessions, although grand final day the local cops said it was the quietest Saturday afternoon on record back in Sebas, they were so over staffed they were reassigned to Mars stadium for few hours!
Tell me something, what was the stimulus for the sudden improvement, was it when the Goldfields review concluded that Sebas should be relegated to the Central Highlands?

You'd be doing well to pay them players off the gate takings of 8 or 9 home games!
Don't get me wrong I think Sebas has a fair bit going for it, like: the cheapest house prices in the town! Mind you, you'd want a good security system to hang on to your possessions, although grand final day the local cops said it was the quietest Saturday afternoon on record back in Sebas, they were so over staffed they were reassigned to Mars stadium for few hours!
Tell me something, what was the stimulus for the sudden improvement, was it when the Goldfields review concluded that Sebas should be relegated to the Central Highlands?
That old chest nut about Sebastopol hey? That’s all you got bag out home town cause of the bad name haven’t heard that one before! Well we do have good gate takings. Yeah sebas would of been quiet all the support we have got you just envious cause you don’t have the support from where ever your from hope it’s not east and point, well tbh if we didn’t get these roosters players we will be in the central highlands and Matt Austin exit interview at the end of last season he was the hardest one to get across the line to sign but in the interview he said this is one of the best footy decisions coming here he’s made! so that’s saying something.

That old chest nut about Sebastopol hey? That’s all you got bag out home town cause of the bad name haven’t heard that one before! Well we do have good gate takings. Yeah sebas would of been quiet all the support we have got you just envious cause you don’t have the support from where ever your from hope it’s not east and point, well tbh if we didn’t get these roosters players we will be in the central highlands and Matt Austin exit interview at the end of last season he was the hardest one to get across the line to sign but in the interview he said this is one of the best footy decisions coming here he’s made! so that’s saying something.
Hmm.. I agree with your sentiments but I hope you are not on the committee.

Pretty poor post Doc

Hmm.. I agree with your sentiments but I hope you are not on the committee.
Nah I’m a past player its all banter for me it’s just good that I can talk about my club with pride, anyway move on from this, huge losses for Darley in the Graham brothers with Scotland already gone also.

Nah I’m a past player its all banter for me it’s just good that I can talk about my club with pride, anyway move on from this, huge losses for Darley in the Graham brothers with Scotland already gone also.
Good to see Sebas up and about I reckon. Yes Farley will need to replace some A graders there!

I miss all the talk of Melton south from a few years back..... where did all their posters go?

I have heard they have picked up a very good midfielder. Not announced as yet but get on him for the comp medal..Pritchard doing good things down at Panther land, but guessing it’s a slow recovery build post the Fevola days.

I miss all the talk of Melton south from a few years back..... where did all their posters go?
They were nuffies. One of them was their former joint coach. Pressure is on them to start improving. Pritchard has the task ahead but he’s capable of landing some quality recruits, not like their last disaster of a recruiting spree.

Any recruits for 2020? I can’t see any value in continuing to sign Port Melbourne listed VFL players

To my knowledge only 2 VFL listed players ended up playing a handful of games between them. However the win they had was when one of them was playing (against Nth Ballarat from memory) so I guess they achieved something for there supporters that day. However I do agree with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To my knowledge only 2 VFL listed players ended up playing a handful of games between them. However the win they had was when one of them was playing (against Nth Ballarat from memory) so I guess they achieved something for there supporters that day. However I do agree with you.
Yep - Conway kicked a decent bag against us.

Any recruits for 2020? I can’t see any value in continuing to sign Port Melbourne listed VFL players

Not worth signing the blokes who are in Ports best/most important 10 players, as even if Port has a bye they are unlikely to release them to play for South.

If they can get a few of the guys from Port full time it will fill the need.

Not worth signing the blokes who are in Ports best/most important 10 players, as even if Port has a bye they are unlikely to release them to play for South.

If they can get a few of the guys from Port full time it will fill the need.

Agreed

Eli Templeton (BnF winner)
Shannon Lange (runner up)
Jordan Lisle (leading goal kicker)

were never gonna play at south at any stage this year.

It’s official that Lange could be heading to the panthers full time. Great pick up for them.
And that’s why they sign them as there 2nd club. May not play with them on a full time basis but having them around the club, it helps the kids and you might sign 1 or 2 with others in the future. Surely it can’t hurt.
Great VFL player even better bloke.

And that’s why they sign them as there 2nd club. May not play with them on a full time basis but having them around the club, it helps the kids and you might sign 1 or 2 with others in the future. Surely it can’t hurt.
Great VFL player even better bloke.

His now full time at South as Port announced his leaving. And your right his a ripping bloke and will give you 120% every game

I believe they had a set back, basically had Clinton Young locked in to take the job but then Young got offered a job with an AFL/VFL club that he couldn’t refuse so had to pull out on the Darley job.

On their Facebook page that Dan Roy has been appointed senior coach

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back