BFL U18's 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do Sebastapol have good juniors every year, but once in 18's there not? Do they move to different clubs or something?

And where to Mt.Clear Players go after 16's?

The good mt clear kids go on to play for redan or buninyong seniors, and the other ones just go play for buninyong

Why do Sebastapol have good juniors every year, but once in 18's there not? Do they move to different clubs or something?

And where to Mt.Clear Players go after 16's?

Very good question re Sebas. Alot of player I think move on for one reason or another, maybe a culture issue but I couldn't be certain so I won't speculate. At Redan, we picked up Coutts, Caris, Pelchen, McGarry, Turner, Quinlan and Horbury (who plays seniors) out of the Mt Clear premiership team from u/16s 2008, whereas a few of their blokes have gone to the CHFL and LPFL.

Will lose key players next year. Not sure about what's coming through, but they might struggle to be a genuine contender next year among the likes of Redan, East, Sunbury, Lakers, etc.
I'll be coming through to North from the Wimmera League. Looking forward to my first club change but only because i just moved this year into the region. Nothing to talk about though. Pretty hopeless... injury prone as anything.
How does Tom Nash go for East Point? Big unit:thumbsu:

I'll be coming through to North from the Wimmera League. Looking forward to my first club change but only because i just moved this year into the region. Nothing to talk about though. Pretty hopeless... injury prone as anything.
How does Tom Nash go for East Point? Big unit:thumbsu:

Ok well you should know that every other team hates North. Who do you play for in the Wimmera league? Where are you going to school?

Tom Nash is a good player I don't really know him too well or haven't seen too much of him to make an educated comment.

Ok well you should know that every other team hates North. Who do you play for in the Wimmera league? Where are you going to school?

Tom Nash is a good player I don't really know him too well or haven't seen too much of him to make an educated comment.
Well i want to play for Swans but family reasons are why I'm heading North. Ahhh Horsham United.

Ok i was joking. Horsham United sounds like a soccer club not a footy club.

Anyway, Lions2009 will u retain most of ur side next season in 18's? What r ur 16's coming up like?

Anyway, Lions2009 will u retain most of ur side next season in 18's? What r ur 16's coming up like?
That's why we are pretty much now called the KFC Diggers.

Lose about 6 (our FB, CHB, key midfielder, another key defender and a couple of handy running players), but gain Watchorn (Vic u/16 rep), Jack Jess (gun), Matt Cullinan who played with us on the weekend gone, Matt Colbert from Mt Clear is a quality CHB/Flanker, Liam Hunter is a really good player (also from Mt Clear). Also pick up Michael Slater from Skipton who can play. Will probably pick up another couple of handy players but we are looking at consecutive years in the top half of the ladder.

Tips for this week:

Lakers v Redan: Redan
Sebas v Ballarat: Ballarat Easy
Melton Sth v Darley: I think Darley can get up!
Marsh v East Point: Marsh in an upset talking to a kid from St. Pats, he
said East will lose 6 or 7 through Herald Sun shield and
marsh get Alec del Papa, plus there playing at home.

Tips for this week:

Lakers v Redan: Redan
Sebas v Ballarat: Ballarat Easy
Melton Sth v Darley: I think Darley can get up!
Marsh v East Point: Marsh in an upset talking to a kid from St. Pats, he
said East will lose 6 or 7 through Herald Sun shield and
marsh get Alec del Papa, plus there playing at home.

I agree with all including the Marsh. East lose Rippon, James, Dunne, Whittaker, Walters, whilst the Marsh only lose Suban. Marsh by 2-3 goals I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for this week:

Ballarat v Melton: Ballarat to win, melton to put up a good effort.
East v Sunbury: East surely, but are playing at sunbury.
North v Melton Sth: North easy.
Sabas v redan: Redan commfortably
Marsh v Darley: Mini Grand Final for us, we get our FF back from seniors, so i reckon we are with a chance

Tips for this week:

Ballarat v Melton: Ballarat to win, melton to put up a good effort.
East v Sunbury: East surely, but are playing at sunbury.
North v Melton Sth: North easy.
Sabas v redan: Redan commfortably
Marsh v Darley: Mini Grand Final for us, we get our FF back from seniors, so i reckon we are with a chance

Spot on I agree with all. Don't think you guys can beat the Marsh tho:(

Spot on I agree with all. Don't think you guys can beat the Marsh tho:(

Don't I look like quite the fool. did you guys get premiership medals after the game?:)

All other results pretty clear cut. We played as well as we have since we beat East Point about 6 weeks ago.

Don't I look like quite the fool. did you guys get premiership medals after the game?:)

All other results pretty clear cut. We played as well as we have since we beat East Point about 6 weeks ago.

We celebrated like it was a premiership. The sweetest win i ever been involved in. Comming from 5 goals down at 3QT. Marsh need a miracle to make finals now. Marsh really wanted that win. We get the bragging rights.

We celebrated like it was a premiership. The sweetest win i ever been involved in. Comming from 5 goals down at 3QT. Marsh need a miracle to make finals now. Marsh really wanted that win. We get the bragging rights.

Yeah Marsh have thrown away their finals spot. If they had've won they would be playing sunbury for 6th spot this week. As it is, they need to win by about 250+ points. Not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back