Moved Thread Biased commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I've been noticing it for years (esp Vic vs interstate clubs), but watching this St Kilda GWS final it's just blatant barracking. It's ALL from a St Kilda point of view, when the Giants do well or score barely a peep, whereas they're maniacally yelling when the Saints go forward or score. It's just f**king irritating at this point. Surely there has to be some investigation into this if channel 7 wants to keep whatever shred of credibility it has. And I will say 7 is considerably worse than Fox.

I've been noticing it for years (esp Vic vs interstate clubs), but watching this St Kilda GWS final it's just blatant barracking. It's ALL from a St Kilda point of view, when the Giants do well or score barely a peep, whereas they're maniacally yelling when the Saints go forward or score. It's just f**king irritating at this point. Surely there has to be some investigation into this if channel 7 wants to keep whatever shred of credibility it has. And I will say 7 is considerably worse than Fox.
Belongs on the frivolous whinging board.

Can't blame the commentators.
GWS smashed them in a 10 minute burst and effectively killed off the game. Jason Bennett pretending the Saints were a chance when they were down by 35 points knowing they rarely score more than 75 points in a game must have been a tough ask. Good work Jason.

An investigation really? By whom?

Can't say I noticed it today. Definitely heard it on Thursday though

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't blame the commentators.
GWS smashed them in a 10 minute burst and effectively killed off the game. Jason Bennett pretending the Saints were a chance when they were down by 35 points knowing they rarely score more than 75 points in a game must have been a tough ask. Good work Jason.
Didn't see the game but IMHO Jason Bennett is one of the better commentators going around.

The Foxtel pre-match Blues/Swans was appalling, let alone the commentary - they did the obligatory Longmire cross over - and the rest of the pre-game was Carlton discussion - it was worse than a home game.

Gary Brownless-Lyon was the main perp…closely schmoozed by FIG JAM and swan-hater Jordan Lewis.

These three are so Vic-centric - especially towards the ”Big four”…even though Lyon now thinks Melbourne is a ‘big team’ after one premiership in an eon.

honestly, it was toned down from the Carlton/GWS game last week.

It was actually pretty delicious when GWS started dismantling them. The commentators were flat as a bikkie.

Only one solution. Bring Back Eddie for all of Collingwoods finals to give a fair and balanced commentary for all

i know you are joking but since they are commentating half the games from the studio why can't we get Eddie doing his own commentary track for Collingwood supporters like they did previously. It was actually pretty good. You know what you are getting.

people get annoyed when the commentators are supposed to be neutral but barrack.

i know you are joking but since they are commentating half the games from the studio why can't we get Eddie doing his own commentary track for Collingwood supporters like they did previously. It was actually pretty good. You know what you are getting.

people get annoyed when the commentators are supposed to be neutral but barrack.
Id rather rational commentary, Idf i want some dumb flog shouting overly biased rubbish ill put myself on 10 second delay. Gerard Whateley is the best commentator by far IMO

Id rather rational commentary, Idf i want some dumb flog shouting overly biased rubbish ill put myself on 10 second delay. Gerard Whateley is the best commentator by far IMO

The point is to have the biased commentary to be selected. Not part of the main feed.

Gerard is as bad as the rest, particularly when Carlton is playing an interstate team. I know he claims he is a geelong diehard but hes a rabid Carlton fan.

The point is to have the biased commentary to be selected. Not part of the main feed.

Gerard is as bad as the rest, particularly when Carlton is playing an interstate team. I know he claims he is a geelong diehard but hes a rabid Carlton fan.
He doesn't show it either way though. I seen a feed of him calling Pies/Cats early this year and was smiling at a few Collingwood plays late in the game and calling as vigorously as before. I suppose sitting next to Robbo all week teaches a man to work through adversity

The Nerdling is a big Vic team sycophant - interstate teams don’t exist unless they are crashing and burning.

honestly, it was toned down from the Carlton/GWS game last week.

It was actually pretty delicious when GWS started dismantling them. The commentators were flat as a bikkie.
Really, it's the worst I've ever heard. Rewatch the game and see how bad it was.

Only one solution. Bring Back Eddie for all of Collingwoods finals to give a fair and balanced commentary for all
Collingwood aside Ed was actually more neutral than many. Kind of miss his commentary (except when the Pies are playing, even then you know it's cos he's a supporter/associated with the club and it's not a general media slant).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back