Roast Biased Commentating Against Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Most North American sports games have home and away commentary teams for every game except the nationally televised games.

Collingwood has enough money to hire our own commentary team. I'd listen.

Guys, we need to grow up.

The commentators don't hate us. They rarely are even biased (obviously Ricciuto was though). They have been generally complementary overall with our team, game style, etc. Even traditionally anti-Collingwood voices (like Andy Maher and Gerald Healy) are singing the praises of the team. If you pick up on some opposition barracking from them at times, it is for the theatre of trying to have the underdog succeed.

Either way, who honestly cares?
Nah. They hate us

I was listening on the radio, and I’m hearing daicos kicks, daicos gathers the ball, daicos makes position. Meanwhile I’m screaming which ******* daicos you muppet’s. I can put up with bias as long as they call the game properly.

Guys, we need to grow up.

The commentators don't hate us. They rarely are even biased (obviously Ricciuto was though). They have been generally complementary overall with our team, game style, etc. Even traditionally anti-Collingwood voices (like Andy Maher and Gerald Healy) are singing the praises of the team. If you pick up on some opposition barracking from them at times, it is for the theatre of trying to have the underdog succeed.

Either way, who honestly cares?

100% correct.

Bit of a lol reading Pies fans complaining about bias commentators and umpiring.

Try being a supporter of an interstate club putting up with Eddie commenting at Pies games, Dermott commenting at Hawks games etc.

And you guys get plenty of home town free kicks. They happen like clock work.

100% correct.

Bit of a lol reading Pies fans complaining about bias commentators and umpiring.

Try being a supporter of an interstate club putting up with Eddie commenting at Pies games, Dermott commenting at Hawks games etc.

Pretty hard for commentators to say anything positive about a team at 1-6 with 64%.

Other than saying, "I am positive the Eagles are a basket case".

Pretty hard for commentators to say anything positive about a team at 1-6 with 64%.

Other than saying, "I am positive the Eagles are a basket case".

Same commentary quality when the Eagles were playing well.

Now we have the media sinking in the boot after years of being made sound silly.

Not many teams looked after more than Collingwood by commentators or umpires.

Every now and again you get a couple of rough calls and someone screems 'investigation'.

Same commentary quality when the Eagles were playing well.

Now we have the media sinking in the boot after years of being made sound silly.

Not many teams looked after more than Collingwood by commentators or umpires.

Every now and again you get a couple of rough calls and someone screems 'investigation'.
You should welcome negativity. Might help get you a concession pick.

Cut to Dunstall straight after game on that crap show and all he can say is: What a choke from the Crows.

Here’s a challenge. Go back through all dunstall’s time on air and find a positive statement about the Pies. I’ll wait.
That’s true.The same can be said about Kane Cornes.He never ever compliments Collingwood,just berates the team we beat for letting us win,and telling them what they the should have done to win the game.Then there’s his constant whinging about Nick Daicos not being tagged,and his glee when it finally happens and he has a slightly down game.What a flog.

I was listening on the radio, and I’m hearing daicos kicks, daicos gathers the ball, daicos makes position. Meanwhile I’m screaming which ******* daicos you muppet’s. I can put up with bias as long as they call the game properly.
it’s a nice problem to have, I dreamed of having multiple Daicos‘ to watch as a kid :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably getting lessons on hate from his buddy Dunstall
closer to the truth than you may realise. Dunstall, Lewis and Ben Dixon all on FF, and you can imagine who the ring leader is here. He def hates the club, and the culture is of frustration / disappointment rather than excitement when we win against the odds etc. At least Gerrard W will call it as he sees it, as does Gerrard Healy, and Even Kingy. But try getting Brad J, the St K boys or the Hawthorn boys, or Cam Mooney or Kane C to show anything other than disdain if we over achieve. Haters

100% correct.

Lol

An eagles supporter going on about us getting “ plenty of home town free kicks”. A side that consistently gets more frees for than against most years

Like having 15 Joel Selwood in your team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back