Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one welcome this blowtorch

Bout ******* time

kent-brockman-welcomes-i-for-one-welcome-our-new-blowtorch-overlords.jpg

I've said it before, but since the proverbial hit the fan after 2007 we as a club (inc players) have been pretty timid. The reputation repair has become entrenched so we now have it in our culture to be (dare I say it?) vanilla. Rarely willing to fight when the going gets tough.

We are probably lucky that most other clubs are too much of flat track bullies themselves to be able to adapt to a different ground & play after a long trip to Perth.

I think Simmo will be the guest on tonight's On The Couch.

If someone could upload it or give a run down of what is asked and how he answers the questions it'd be much appreciated.

Edit...just looking through the fred and it seems everyone is aware. I agree with DS that I hope he is asked some hard questions and the excuse that "it's a very tight competition" isn't fired off as if it excuses the softness of this group.

On GT-I9507 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

I've said it before, but since the proverbial hit the fan after 2007 we as a club (inc players) have been pretty timid. The reputation repair has become entrenched so we now have it in our culture to be (dare I say it?) vanilla. Rarely willing to fight when the going gets tough.

We are probably lucky that most other clubs are too much of flat track bullies themselves to be able to adapt to a different ground & play after a long trip to Perth.
We've become the city of Adelaide. Safe, secure and boring as *.

In roughly 10 hours of "Footy Classified" WCE have been talked about for ~40 seconds. Garry Lyon straight up changes the subject whenever we are mentioned in a positive way, he's done it 6 times now. It's quite bizzare, bloke has some has some proper distain for us that I think must be rooted in his playing days.

I've noticed this too, but i think he was one who talked us up a few years ago and was proven to be very, very wrong and has resented us ever since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nepotism? In the football media? NEVER. Sam Lane and Christy Malthouse are undisputedly great at...

Can't think how to finish that sentence right at this moment, but I will at some point.
Don't think I've ever heard Sam Lane be "undisputedly great" at anything. Now I truly have seen it all.

I've noticed this too, but i think he was one who talked us up a few years ago and was proven to be very, very wrong and has resented us ever since.
He did that ironically on the footy show I'm pretty sure. When he put us as #1 the whole panel laughed, and he had a big chuckle as well. Was a bit of an inside joke I think, I'd say they're well aware of his views.
I also wouldn't call The Footy Shows "sweeping" 8-10 second weekly summations of West Coast as talking us up, unless it's the drug scandal The Footy Show/Classifieds/Sunday Footy Show hasn't done an actual analysis of West Coast in probably 11 years. Something particularly wrong with those three shows, more than any other. Not sure if it's the presenters or the producers but they zone on 3-4 of the same Vic teams every single week without fail and spend 15-20 minutes on them.

He did that ironically on the footy show I'm pretty sure. When he put us as #1 the whole panel laughed, and he had a big chuckle as well. Was a bit of an inside joke I think, I'd say they're well aware of his views.
I also wouldn't call The Footy Shows "sweeping" 8-10 second weekly summations of West Coast as talking us up, unless it's the drug scandal The Footy Show/Classifieds/Sunday Footy Show hasn't done an actual analysis of West Coast in probably 11 years. Something particularly wrong with those three shows, more than any other. Not sure if it's the presenters or the producers but they zone on 3-4 of the same Vic teams every single week without fail and spend 15-20 minutes on them.

Surely you must remember when we were being talked up on every football show and our web was the strategy du jour?

It's a bit like Port Adelaide and how everyone pumped them up circa 2013/14 and then hated on them the next couple years.

Tbh, we probably don't deserve to be talked about at all. There's just nothing interesting about us at all. We're completely devoid of character, not awful not good, just vanilla and treading water.

Not incompetent, but Mark Williams spoke on Sen today about the eagles struggles in Melbourne.
He reckons we need to embrace going to Melbourne, perhaps over our bye weekend , come over tour the mcg and watch a game there, see the sights and enjoy some Melbourne culture. He said it worked for Port Adelaide.

Not incompetent, but Mark Williams spoke on Sen today about the eagles struggles in Melbourne.
He reckons we need to embrace going to Melbourne, perhaps over our bye weekend , come over tour the mcg and watch a game there, see the sights and enjoy some Melbourne culture. He said it worked for Port Adelaide.

Pretty sure that forcing the players to go to what would essentially be a training camp over their bye weekend would be a breach of the CBA. I also don't think that the players not being comfortable enough on trams or wandering down Chapel Street is the issue.

But maybe next time we play over there, we could trial flying over a day earlier than normal so the players could do the MCG tour and ride on the Ferris wheel down at the Docklands before a team bonding dinner down Lygon street.

Simmo is On The Couch right now and I think he's delusional. He's still spouting the same tired lines he's been giving for years.
"We've got to get better"
"Our leaders actually tried too hard"
"It's just a consistency issue"

Mate, you have to admit your players are mentally soft and if you keep selecting the same ones, your career will live and die with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back