Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hereby officially and publicly put a curse on Eddy McSlimeball = when he kicks the bucket, he is re-incarnated
as a West Australian living in an outer suburb and supporting the Freo Dockers!
The guy seriously suffers from terminal foot in mouth disease!?
He would get on well with Donald Trump! (deluded, entitled, self opinionated etc)
Derm is a fair-minded buffoon, better informed and more professional than Slimy Mcguire...
Jonathan Brown will always be Jonathan Brown(like Big Bad Barry)..it has a low ceiling and dim lights.

Having a field day in this thread today but;

View attachment 486254

I mean, to be fair Phillips did probably break even, but to cite nic's low disposal and hitout count as justification for this when Phillips got less of both is just idiocy...
Phillips 86% game time , natanui 57% game time

And still didnt break even !

Bloody disgraceful that the premier competition in the country has such unprofessional Commentators. The AFL should really be looking into and trying to improve this part of the game. But the VFL don't give a s**t. It actually seems that the competition has reverted back to being a more predominately Vic focused competition.

Derm talks a fair bit of **** but he’s pretty fair imo. Don’t think he’s really as Vic biased as some others, he just enjoys watching an underdog compete (calls Brisbane games similar), and loves to talk about young guys and coach from the commentary box. Eddie on the other hand flat out barracks for the Victorian side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst commentary I have ever heard, and we've had some real trash in my time.

Infuriating.

Nah nah nah....the WORST was Sam Kekovich in our game, also vs Carlton, in 2002.

He knew Cousins....Jakovich....and Mark Merenda.

‘Ben Cousins....to his team mate on the wing...over to Mark Merenda (Daniel Kerr) in space, back to Cousins (Braun) - Jakovich - Kicks long....Merenda! (Wirrapanda)’

And so forth.

We got them by a point, our first win in Vic for a good while. That Young Eagle (Adam Hunter) the hero.

Not sure why we are panning the Carlton ruck. I think he played a very good game.

His first half was particularly strong and he had opportunities to hit the scoreboard

This. And it was easily Nic Nat's worse game of the year.

If at the start of the game someone had told Carlton that Nic Nat would only have that much influence on the game, they (Carlton) would have been very very happy with their ruckman's performance.

There was a moment yesterday when dermie said something positive about us and Ed says "you've turned". Another passage of play where the ball was locked in and not going anywhere and Ed said "great" 4 times and "magnificent" once referring to Phillips doing nothing much at all.

That passage of play at end of 3rd quarter where Yeo took that cracker of a mark and wheeled around to find Lecca open. It was great play by Yeo and got not recognition at all. He had similar numbers to Cripps for the game yet we listen to 3 hours of them jerking off to how good Cripps is.

I pay good money to watch this on Foxtel and i don't think they have any right to broadcast such bias rubbish.

Nah nah nah....the WORST was Sam Kekovich in our game, also vs Carlton, in 2002.

He knew Cousins....Jakovich....and Mark Merenda.

‘Ben Cousins....to his team mate on the wing...over to Mark Merenda (Daniel Kerr) in space, back to Cousins (Braun) - Jakovich - Kicks long....Merenda! (Wirrapanda)’

And so forth.

We got them by a point, our first win in Vic for a good while. That Young Eagle (Adam Hunter) the hero.

Not sure if you remember the early years - around 1987-1990 the commentators consistently got players names wrong. They didn't really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back