Biased/incompetent media coverage | Page 357 | BigFooty

Biased/incompetent media coverage

Discussion in 'West Coast Eagles' started by Grahame, Aug 9, 2015.

1. dave123

dave123 Suspended

West Coast

Frankly the tribunal should be reviewing the footage now ....

decisions should be in the next morning for night games .....

Ffs this is a billion dollar industry/league and our tribunal is like country thirds in Dimboola......

Bloody joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Coasters7

Coasters7 All Australian

West Coast
    Some articles ran with “Dual Brownlow medalis” which I thought was probably a bit more appropriate. Just seems like a bit of a stacks on West Coast type feeling going around..

3. Schismd

Schismd Senior List

West Coast
  4. Rowan18

Rowan18 Team Captain

West Coast
    Lol, they tried running that one yesterday or the day before but it must not have had much traction so they tried again. Article doesn't actually make sense - its argument is that rival clubs are bad for not liking each other. As we all know, the media pump up that rivalry more than anyone.

I also noticed in the sports section that the only two articles on the power game were from an interview the west did with rockliff but the articles had headlines making it sound like they were about the Eagles. Makes me think that the club has already boxed them out from interviews so the only access they are getting is press conferences. They instead have to interview opposition players.

5. Carbine Chaos

Carbine Chaos Jubilant Masto

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Everton, Delhi, Perth Demons
    Well...how are we meant to respect the Dockers? Impossible task.

6. larrikin

larrikin Moderator

West Coast
  7. Keys

Keys Not Bitter

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Bengals
  8. BlueandGoldforever

BlueandGoldforever Club Legend

West Coast
    The irony of Mark Duffield writing that article is obviously lost on himself. Considering he hates the Eagles and will take a pot shot at them at every opportunity, it is hysterical that he believes that the two clubs should kiss and make up.

That guy is devoid of emotional growth and learning.

9. Keys

Keys Not Bitter

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Bengals
    Just on the lack of epic derbies - great games most often are played when two strong teams play well. Given that after 22 completed seasons (soon to be 23) Fremantle have only made finals 7 times and in 3 of those years (2010,2013 and 2014) the eagles missed. So there's only been 3 seasons (out of 23) when both WA clubs have been top 8 sides in the same year. No coincidence that arguably the two best derbies have come in 2 of those years (2003 and 2006)

So if you're looking for a reason that there's been so few great games consider that freo more often than not have been shit - this will be their 13th season with less than 10 wins

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 12:07 PM
  10. Pedals23

Pedals23 Bad Culture

West Coast
    [​IMG]

11. Aether_

Aether_ Stranger than kindness

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Swan Districts, Brisbane Lions,
    I don't mind him either, generally I think he's quite reasonable. I'm not impressed with his performance so far on sports talk this morning though.

Supposedly fans from both sides should be ashamed of themselves with how this Gaff issue has escalated during the week. Media are completely excused though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Balls In

Balls In Team Captain

West Coast
    Duffield blames West Coast for our arrogance in Derby 1?

Knob

13. Rowan18

Rowan18 Team Captain

West Coast
    I have been listening to ABC's Sportstalk call back show which has duffield on the panel. They opened with the Gaff incident and Duff delievered a spiel on how the derby is disgusting as the clubs don't respect each other. He also suggested that the AFL might enforce future derbies to be neutral games with 30k fans from each team, saying that the ferals in WA can't get along like the fans from the great Melbourne rivalries.

The good part was when the calls came in. One guy slammed the 30K as a stupid idea, another was pretty annoyed at the Media's performance and lined up Basil. It was pretty clear that joe average is not buying this stuff.

Duffield backpeddaled and admitted that it was the incident with Nic Nat and the camera man that has got the WA media's nose out of joint and that is where this culture stuff has come from. What a pathetic bunch of immature losers.

14. new breed

new breed Norm Smith Medallist

West Coast
    Sounds like both clubs should FOLD listening to this , not sure what happens to the Stadium though .

#wafl

15. Ellroy80

Ellroy80 All Australian

West Coast
    Sounds like the WA media should fold.

CM9000, The Stid, lewigie and 2 others like this.
  16. Biggie

Biggie Arrogant

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Subiaco, Wildcats, ESH
    [​IMG]

17. Keys

Keys Not Bitter

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Bengals
    So if he thinks the WA fans can't get along why then would you have split crowds - surely that would be asking for trouble

Duffield has also underplayed the showdown rivalry. Been plenty of onfield incidents (Bickley taking out a port player with an elbow was more vicious than anything in a derby) as well as the brawl between port and crows players at the Ramsgate hotel which are two clubs have never had

18. Balls In

Balls In Team Captain

West Coast
    The fact this dickhead Duffield makes a living peddling this rubbish blows my mind. How?

CM9000 likes this.
  19. Schismd

Schismd Senior List

West Coast
    What a surprise...I was saying this on this thread right after the gaff incident. Duffield is still offended over the fact that Simmo slammed his non-story about Liam Ryan arriving late to EP and then doubled down on the disrespect when he slammed him for trying to breathe life into the NN story again.

We don't have a culture problem, Duffield has a sensitivity issue which leads to him lashing out at parties he deems has been disrespectful to him. And i wish i was still back in Aus, as i'd call ABC and tell that too his face. We let these guys off too easy IMO

CM9000, The Stid, Evil Eagle and 6 others like this.
  20. Ellroy80

Ellroy80 All Australian

West Coast
    #thatwinningculture

CM9000, Wadsworth and Pedals23 like this.
  21. Biggie

Biggie Arrogant

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Subiaco, Wildcats, ESH
  22. Pedals23

Pedals23 Bad Culture

West Coast
    CM9000, lewigie, Wadsworth and 4 others like this.
  23. Rowan18

Rowan18 Team Captain

West Coast
    I wanted to do the same but I was driving at the time. Interestingly, they only took 3 calls, all of whom were not impressed with the Media's view. They then said they were done with the Gaff incident and played 5 mins of scripted stuff to try and re-set the focus onto topics other than Gaff.

CM9000 and Eaglemaniac like this.
  24. Ellroy80

Ellroy80 All Australian

West Coast
    Just don't listen to, watch, or read their crap. I'm at the point where I'm happy to watch the footy and that's about it.

CM9000, Eaglemaniac and new breed like this.
  25. eagleroo

eagleroo Rookie

West Coast
    The bizarre thing about Duffield this morning was that he was talking up crowd behaviour in Melbourne while bagging out Optus (read West Coast) crowds.

Other than cheering Gaff (which was not wrong) what was wrong with crowd behaviour last week

CM9000 likes this.