Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Footy Classified Matthew Lloyd tipped the West Coast v Collingwood game as the most likely to be a blowout. In West Coast's favour.

That’s because of the Essendon bias guaranteed..

Essendon fans are like please Wce beat the Pies ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone listen to the fox footy podcast this week? If not, skip to the last 3 mins of the podcast (around the 55 min mark) and have a listen to Tom Morris and his muppet mates show no respect to our club as usual. They ramble on about if the Eagles make it to the GF, in terms of the 'spectacle' it will be the least exciting compared to if Collingwood or Melbourne make it. Viccentric opinions at their finest.

https://pca.st/xpY9

Last edited:
WTFley giving Buckley full service deeepthroat this morning, says the rd17 game was a game of 2 halves for sure, Collingwood nearly had the game shut down at 1/2 time.
Mandela effect here for sure!
I’m quite certain we lead at half time and had control of the game after we woke up 10min in.
Actually I think this whole year is Mandela effect!
We were 4 points up at half time, partly due to being significantly more accurate the the Pies ( 6.9 v 8.1). So you could argue pies were better in the first half - but definitely didn't nearly have the game shut down considering they were behind on the scoreboard.

Did anyone watch “pick a winner” on the afl website? Ben Dixon is truly an idiot. Backed all 4 underdogs, which is fine however his reasoning for the pies was that he thinks the unpredictability of Collingwoods backline will trouble us and their forward line is better than ours. Wtf

Did anyone watch “pick a winner” on the afl website? Ben Dixon is truly an idiot. Backed all 4 underdogs, which is fine however his reasoning for the pies was that he thinks the unpredictability of Collingwoods backline will trouble us and their forward line is better than ours. Wtf
Dixon always goes against the grain.

Anyone listen to the fox footy podcast this week? If not, skip to the last 3 mins of the podcast (around the 55 min mark) and have a listen to Tom Morris and his muppet mates show no respect to our club as usual. They ramble on about if the Eagles make it to the GF, in terms of the 'spectacle' it will be the least exciting compared to if Collingwood or Melbourne make it. Viccentric opinions at their finest.

https://pca.st/xpY9
Thought I'd give that podcast a go this week. Wont waste my time doing that again. Fox footy should be embarrassed having their name attached to that s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were 4 points up at half time, partly due to being significantly more accurate the the Pies ( 6.9 v 8.1). So you could argue pies were better in the first half - but definitely didn't nearly have the game shut down considering they were behind on the scoreboard.

We played the second half without Naitanui as well, Pies had no excuses for that game.

If Pies win it will be because they win in the middle. Both our forward and backline should be better than theirs.

An unpredictable backline isn't really a good thing. You wants your forwards to be unpredictable (for the oppo) - you want the backs to be able to counter whatever the oppo is doing - not be unpredictable.

Is it just me, or have AFL360 interviewed every coach and captain so far except ours?
Tonight they have Goodwin and Jones
Last night was Cameron and Ward and Selwood (along with Scott who is always on)
Night before was Longmire and Kennedy

Last week I recall them having Buckley+Pendlebury, Hardwick+Cotchin and Clarkson (not sure about Roughead)

Is it just me, or have AFL360 interviewed every coach and captain so far except ours?
Tonight they have Goodwin and Jones
Last night was Cameron and Ward and Selwood (along with Scott who is always on)
Night before was Longmire and Kennedy

Last week I recall them having Buckley+Pendlebury, Hardwick+Cotchin and Clarkson (not sure about Roughead)
Both bunga and simmo have been on AFL tonight.

It's clear that the club has snubbed 360 and will only deal with AFL tonight. It's also clear that this has annoyed the 360 crew thus we never get mentioned and if we do its only after a loss.

If Pies win it will be because they win in the middle. Both our forward and backline should be better than theirs.

An unpredictable backline isn't really a good thing. You wants your forwards to be unpredictable (for the oppo) - you want the backs to be able to counter whatever the oppo is doing - not be unpredictable.

Some of the media's justification is just insane. I read the other day that Collingwood in round 17, after winning 7 in a row, were bound to 'have a down game', and that just happened to be against West Coast. Guess Richmond, GWS x2, Hawks et al all must have just played down games against us too. Imagine the luck of that!

The ability of the media to change the narrative of the situation to suit whatever agenda they're peddling is baffling

TBF, Dicko said Collingwood's unpredictability was in their forward line, not backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back