Biased/incompetent media coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Nathan Brown just called us flat track bullies on the Sportsbet as and justified it by saying it's because we can't win away from home, except we did that last week. Sure it wasn't convincing but it was at least a win. Still, we can't expect the media to get thier facts straight now can we..

Nathan Brown just called us flat track bullies on the Sportsbet as and justified it by saying it's because we can't win away from home, except we did that last week. Sure it wasn't convincing but it was at least a win. Still, we can't expect the media to get thier facts straight now can we..
As far as I'm concerned the tag fits.

Play by Numbers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
All up in Jock's icecream
AFL Club
West Coast
Media going hard on the umpiring, ignoring the kick in, where the player had a clear foot on the line.

It was poor both ways, yet WC constantly get hammered over it, likely in the hope it will swing the pendulum towards the opposition, whereas other teams that have had far more contraversial games get apologism.

Huge double standards.

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Media going hard on the umpiring, ignoring the kick in, where the player had a clear foot on the line.

It was poor both ways, yet WC constantly get hammered over it, likely in the hope it will swing the pendulum towards the opposition, whereas other teams that have had far more contraversial games get apologism.

Huge double standards.
And ignoring most of the match to be honest.
Some atrocious decisions both ways today. The ones that favoured us just happened to be in the last quarter.

mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
The salty Victorian tears are delicious. We aren't even playing good footy right now, imagine the whinging if we were!!!

FFS, ever team cops the raw end of the prawn from time to time...anybody who thinks otherwise needs to pull their head out of their arse!!!

Huge double standards.
Victorians are not people you associate with Intelligence and Integrity. :drunk:

Huge double standards.
Any specific campaigners going hard?

* em, anyway. Those two deliberate free kicks were there, that's the way the rule is now. If we did that I'd be biting my fingers hoping that they don't pay them, but surely it's understandable when they do.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Sliding Doors? More like........ Sliding Bores!

ELBf7H.gif
Not sure if that GIF is a visual representation of the article/series of articles, or an ironic piece of imagery about your post :p

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
That last 1/4 I saw Hill pushed blatantly out of a marking contest . I saw A bloke come clearly 3 or 4 steps over a Butler mark no 50m . Then the whinging 10 seconds later about Gawn handballing deliberately . The stepping on the line in the kickout . Throws , holding the balls Their was a lot Eagles were not paid .
3 times in the game Melbourne kicked out on the full in accidently off the boot not 1 paid . 3 times same happened with Eagles every 1 paid .
In 3/4 Priddis was 50m penalty for standing 1/2 metre over the mark . The ump didnt say back 1/2 a metre or anything . The Bernie Vince goal after the Redden tackle he dropped the ball but it was viewed as tackled without it . We got more wrong decisions by far

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure if that GIF is a visual representation of the article/series of articles, or an ironic piece of imagery about your post :p
It was referring to my own post. It was a terrible joke and I should be ashamed of it.

Brer Bear

All Australian
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
That last 1/4 I saw Hill pushed blatantly out of a marking contest . I saw A bloke come clearly 3 or 4 steps over a Butler mark no 50m . Then the whinging 10 seconds later about Gawn handballing deliberately . The stepping on the line in the kickout . Throws , holding the balls Their was a lot Eagles were not paid .
3 times in the game Melbourne kicked out on the full in accidently off the boot not 1 paid . 3 times same happened with Eagles every 1 paid .
In 3/4 Priddis was 50m penalty for standing 1/2 metre over the mark . The ump didnt say back 1/2 a metre or anything . The Bernie Vince goal after the Redden tackle he dropped the ball but it was viewed as tackled without it . We got more wrong decisions by far
Yep the haters will never admit it though. Apart from the essendon game when we got a fair run we've been ****ed over since the Bulldogs game.you mention that but the dumb *s will go well look at the free kick count .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back