Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuey a sneaky chance? Kennedy and Priddis could take too many votes? 16 win season, he's a shot imo

If he's within 5 votes of the leader at the halfway mark I'd say he's odds on to win it from there.
Though the umps have favoured Priddis in the past Shuey has been incredibly dynamic this year and should get more love from the umps this year.

If he's within 5 votes of the leader at the halfway mark I'd say he's odds on to win it from there.
Though the umps have favoured Priddis in the past Shuey has been incredibly dynamic this year and should get more love from the umps this year.

From the voting on the board he'll poll...

Round....Votes
Total......21

(watching AFL 360 post brownlow) This AFL360 love fest for western bulldogs is making me sick. I've hated swans forever; but * it. Go Swans

(watching AFL 360 post brownlow) This AFL360 love fest for western bulldogs is making me sick. I've hated swans forever; but **** it. Go Swans
I'm watching Darcy on talking footy and are coming to a similar conclusion

They showed Darcy in the commentary box during the closing moments of the prelim. It's embarrassing that some of our commentators don't even try to hide their bias

I'm hoping they get smashed tbh which may be some of my residual bitterness kicking in

Did they have to blur out his erection?
Filmed him from behind

Tim Watson, intellectual giant that he is, then said how fantastic it was that Darcy didn't hold back on the emotion as he was calling the final siren

Professionalism obviously isn't in their vocabulary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They showed Darcy in the commentary box during the closing moments of the prelim. It's embarrassing that some of our commentators don't even try to hide their bias

I'm hoping they get smashed tbh which may be some of my residual bitterness kicking in
Doesn't sound that different from the actual game really, where they spent half of the last quarter with the camera focused on Tony Liberatore shitting his pants.

Duck just had to throw in one last "the Bulldogs are so brave" for the year too, didn't he? The media are the reason I'm not on the Bulldogs bandwagon,well, that and because I prefer when the cup leaves those precious Victorians.

The AFL media is probably by far the MOST unprofessional of all professional sporting codes. It's an embarrassment. The fact that the AFL, channel 7, Channel 9 and Foxtel allow these clowns like BT, Darcy, Ling, Watson, Brereton, Barrett, Caro, Lloyd, Hutchison etc... Respresent their company/ brand makes zero sense to me. Not to mention you then have the twats at the Herald Sun. Surely we can do better than this? Australia deserves more!

Duck just had to throw in one last "the Bulldogs are so brave" for the year too, didn't he? The media are the reason I'm not on the Bulldogs bandwagon,well, that and because I prefer when the cup leaves those precious Victorians.

The AFL media is probably by far the MOST unprofessional of all professional sporting codes. It's an embarrassment. The fact that the AFL, channel 7, Channel 9 and Foxtel allow these clowns like BT, Darcy, Ling, Watson, Brereton, Barrett, Caro, Lloyd, Hutchison etc... Respresent their company/ brand makes zero sense to me. Not to mention you then have the twats at the Herald Sun. Surely we can do better than this? Australia deserves more!
We're stuck with it for as long as the AFL is happy to be seen as the "blokey pastime". Fits the brief of "invite three of your best mates, get on the piss, and watch the footy". Which of course I imagine a fair majority of viewers do, but to associate that behaviour with being a dimwit stereotypical Aussie is their failing.

(watching AFL 360 post brownlow) This AFL360 love fest for western bulldogs is making me sick. I've hated swans forever; but **** it. Go Swans

Bit harsh. Losing to freo was embarrassing enough and to pick it up from there and make granny is amazing in my book. Had to travel twice in that time. It's bloody good effort.

Having to play freo is depressing enough let alone losing to them. Freo fans will probably now think they are better than dogs. Let them do that and watch them fail.

I simply do not have the words to describe my utter distain for the current crop of "commentators" calling our great game. Disgusting.

Hearing Ling just talking esp at the Brownlow last night makes me wonder how these clowns even get a chance to speak let alone given a national platform. Darcy the same, he is a complete hack and a huge fraud.

Those highlights packages can be pretty cringey at times, as was this one with Pacino's speech thrown in
Bulldogs celebrating like they have already won the premiership, can't see Sydney losing this one. Bulldogs played their GF last week

Those highlights packages can be pretty cringey at times, as was this one with Pacino's speech thrown in
Bulldogs celebrating like they have already won the premiership, can't see Sydney losing this one. Bulldogs played their GF last week

Felt a lot to me like our win over the hawks in the qualifying final last year. I'll be having money on the swans.

Filmed him from behind

Tim Watson, intellectual giant that he is, then said how fantastic it was that Darcy didn't hold back on the emotion as he was calling the final siren

Professionalism obviously isn't in their vocabulary

Vocabulary isn't in their vocabulary.

Yep got a feeling the WB's are just happy they are in a GF.
Strongly disagree, given their only flag came in 1954.

Not saying they will win, but I think they have more level-headed leaders around like Murphy, Boyd and Beveridge to keep themselves focused on the task at hand. Our leadership on the day was non-existent.

Strongly disagree, given their only flag came in 1954.

Not saying they will win, but I think they have more level-headed leaders around like Murphy, Boyd and Beveridge to keep themselves focused on the task at hand. Our leadership on the day was non-existent.

Think the Swans have far more leadership and experience when it comes to GF and I think that alone will get them over the line. Happy for the dogs to win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back