Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the Swans have far more leadership and experience when it comes to GF and I think that alone will get them over the line. Happy for the dogs to win though.
Definitely think the Swans will win, yes. Just saying I think the Dogs won't be overawed. Overpawed?

Gave the dogs a chance to win the Hawks and GWS finals. * knows what happened with us, just one of many finals where 7th beats 6th I suppose, I partly blame the bye tho. Hawks, like Geelong in 2014, finished higher than they should have due to winning so many close games. GWS were playing in a maiden finals campaign and I thought they could be beaten, which they were. Now the dogs are playing a Swans team who had to do it 'the hard way'. Are things lining up for the dogs? I think the swans will win by 24. Close game and dogs will even lead at times, but the pain of 2014 should forge them through to the end.

Gave the dogs a chance to win the Hawks and GWS finals. **** knows what happened with us, just one of many finals where 7th beats 6th I suppose, I partly blame the bye tho. Hawks, like Geelong in 2014, finished higher than they should have due to winning so many close games. GWS were playing in a maiden finals campaign and I thought they could be beaten, which they were. Now the dogs are playing a Swans team who had to do it 'the hard way'. Are things lining up for the dogs? I think the swans will win by 24. Close game and dogs will even lead at times, but the pain of 2014 should forge them through to the end.

Pity our 2015 pain did not drive our team to loftier heights :(

Pity our 2015 pain did not drive our team to loftier heights :(
True and that is evidence that we are not all there mentally. But I like to think the pain of losing in 2005 drove us to fight as hard as we did to not lose the lead in the last qtr of the 2006 GF. Had we lost the lead in that game I think we were as good as done.

True and that is evidence that we are not all there mentally. But I like to think the pain of losing in 2005 drove us to fight as hard as we did to not lose the lead in the last qtr of the 2006 GF. Had we lost the lead in that game I think we were as good as done.
IMO that's because we need a new captain. He might be good around the boys, but all the best are great with the media and have a bit of awe/swagger about them. Hurn simply doesn't. If he's skip next year I really hope he proves me wrong and lifts, but I don't see it.

IMO that's because we need a new captain. He might be good around the boys, but all the best are great with the media and have a bit of awe/swagger about them. Hurn simply doesn't. If he's skip next year I really hope he proves me wrong and lifts, but I don't see it.
Yeah I can imagine hurn saying to the boys after the game "yeah well ast least we made the GF. lets sink a few."
Cousins would have gone ape s**t, "this better ******* hurt."

At the auction this year I had a chance to have a quick chat to him. He was so standoffish and really not confident about himself. You could see him minder really trying hard to get him involved. I understand that that sort of caper is not for everyone but when you are the Capt of one of the most iconic clubs in Australia surely you should have a bit of swagger about yourself. Not a criticism just an observation.

How on earth does being great with the media translate into onfield success?

How on earth does being great with the media translate into onfield success?
Its the vibe
1451708105916.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason the media fapping over the Bulldogs (Whateley second only to Darcy) is so nauseating for people is that it's gone on all year, and a fair chunk of 2015 as well.

Ironically, right now I don't mind it as much as I did earlier on, because in all honesty they deserve plaudits for what they've done since the big turnover post 2014, and specifically for the way that they've played over the past 3 weeks. It did feel like their GF on Saturday, but I'd prefer them over Sydney as premiers.

If any of our players performed under pressure like a fair chunk of theirs have we'd be going on about it too. I'd also love to see us handle the ground ball and execute lightning hands like they do. I guess the problem is, the media wouldn't rave about us as much even if we did (I don't dispute that there's bias in the media).

I reckon the GF will be a ripper...Sydney were a machine on Friday night, but the Cats were rubbish and the Dogs swarm every contest.

The difficulty lies in as who else is there that could captain the side, and who has leadership qualities?

The difficulty lies in as who else is there that could captain the side, and who has leadership qualities?
The question you pose is really concerning to me. I was a big JK advocate back in the day, but now I think it's best that Shuey leads the team. This is obviously from the outside and with no inner knowledge. There isn't many guys in our team (another concerning issue) that really play with his do or die attitude and fit the captaincy bracket.

Looking back on it with 2020, and I've been a Priddis basher on and off, Priddis should have been made captain not Hurn.

I reckon the GF will be a ripper...Sydney were a machine on Friday night, but the Cats were rubbish and the Dogs swarm every contest.

No chance this is close. Swans will threaten Geelong's GF record margin. It's 1st vs 7th, and there's a reason we don't let teams from outside the four in to the GF. If the bye isn't gone already it will be after this horror show of a GF.

No chance this is close. Swans will threaten Geelong's GF record margin. It's 1st vs 7th, and there's a reason we don't let teams from outside the four in to the GF. If the bye isn't gone already it will be after this horror show of a GF.

It may end up being a blow out, but not for the reasons you said. Normally 1st vs 7th would be pretty one sided, but this year there was only 2 games between 1st and 7th. If you take into account finals, Swans have won only 1 more game this year.

The game is also played in Melbourne.

Dogs deserve their spot there. They beat the form team of the comp (Eagles) at Subi. Then the 3 time premiers (Hawks) and GSW (in Sydney) who had just beaten the Swans.

The reason the Dogs might lose (and even potentially by a big margin) is most likely lack of Finals experience. Not ladder position.

Last edited:

Another reason to hate Norf and Freo

I disagree.

The Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn are the only two teams that beat Sydney at the SCG this year. I find that stat interesting in itself. Then you look at both teams respective form at the MCG.

Including finals, both played 3 games at the G this year.

WBD won all three of their games (+22pts V Melb, +21pts V Coll & +23 V Haw)

The Swans won two and dropped one of their games (-1pts V Rich, +14pts V Haw & +37pts V Geelong)

I think it'll be a closer GF than many think.

I haven't watched 360 in months and yet I watched it tonight in the vain hope it had improved.

Well Robbo is still an egotistical Victorian biased journalist who sounds hungover and Gerard plays it straight in a winey manner that is as irritating as nails being dragged down a chalkboard.

Why was I so naive to think things had improved?

The difference this year though is that although it's 1st playing 7th, there were only 2 more wins over the season to Sydney compared to the Bulldogs. In my opinion the Bullies threw the game against the Dockers as there was no advantage in them winning, and they wanted to give the Eagles a false sense of security thinking they would be pushovers the next match being the elimination final, and we all know how that turned out:(.

The difference this year though is that although it's 1st playing 7th, there were only 2 more wins over the season to Sydney compared to the Bulldogs. In my opinion the Bullies threw the game against the Dockers as there was no advantage in them winning, and they wanted to give the Eagles a false sense of security thinking they would be pushovers the next match being the elimination final, and we all know how that turned out:(.

I reckon all the "hoping x amount of players will get up for the final but wont be 100%" chat was all BS too. If the taping of Jong's? uninjured shoulder is anything to go by they are a club thinking outside the box and using some smoke and mirrors for an advantage. Reckon we were definitely expecting a cake walk and could never recover from the shock once they turned it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back