Other Teams
Liverpool
Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
I'm pretty sure Clarke told Anderson about the broken arm after Anderson threatened to punch George Bailey. Slightly different context compared to what's in the article.
That is correct. At least that is what was alleged to have happened. Also rubbish journalism when India is the worst offending country in terms of disciplinary action being taken for sledging and the like and Australia's disciplinary record is from memory similar to other successful nations (i.e. SA and England). All countries do it and at times lines are without doubt crossed. But the continual focus on Australia when ignoring the other countries is a joke. The problem is it is usually our own media bringing it up.

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals
That is correct. At least that is what was alleged to have happened. Also rubbish journalism when India is the worst offending country in terms of disciplinary action being taken for sledging and the like and Australia's disciplinary record is from memory similar to other successful nations (i.e. SA and England). All countries do it and at times lines are without doubt crossed. But the continual focus on Australia when ignoring the other countries is a joke. The problem is it is usually our own media bringing it up.

With this in mind it is great to see Andrew Symons getting a commentary gig on the BBL......he was left out to rot by the media and ACB over the so called "monkeygate affair".

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
So according to the writers at afl.com.au Collingwood have been the 4th most successful team since 2000. Poor old Brisbane with their 3 flags couldn't get a look in over the Pies....
According to afl.com.au's charity department they have secured a new deal where they make payments to the Melbourne zoo in exchange for news articles.

May 14, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
West Coast
So according to the writers at afl.com.au Collingwood have been the 4th most successful team since 2000. Poor old Brisbane with their 3 flags couldn't get a look in over the Pies....
Haha, cicked on the article and scrolled through the list, saw the Pies as 4th and no mention of the Lions and pulled out. I don't need that kind of stupidity in my day.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

**** me, could that be anymore sanctimonious or misrepresentative of the issues

I'd also wager that what gets said on a cricket field doesn't come close to the trash talking in professional US sports

Not to mention pissing on underage girls, spitting on children etc etc.

American pro sports make Australian antics look like laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EagleShore

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Not saying this is biased or incompetent but not sure where else to put it:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/f...-guilty-to-armed-robbery-20170208-gu8k3g.html
Yeah not really biased or incompetent but gee it certainly is another dark story line emanating from that shady period of our history in which rock star egos ran rampant.

The notion that he felt he had to take coke to feel a part of the team is absolutely shameful. Leaders at the club led him astray.

Though it was clearly a troublesome group of 4-7 players, depending on whose story you believe, it's remarkably sad what was left to fester in that period of time at one of the biggest sporting clubs in Australia.

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
How could you not have an awesome time?

nh8fr9bbucyapv.jpg

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
This bad press will last forever.

Give it another year or two and another unknown rookie from the early 2000s will get desperate for cash and do a interview with a Melb paper discussing how he felt pressured to take drugs

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I
This bad press will last forever.

Give it another year or two and another unknown rookie from the early 2000s will get desperate for cash and do a interview with a Melb paper discussing how he felt pressured to take drugs
Media don't even hype it up as much any more and opposition fans don't really care about it as well. That's unless it's the week before the gf by some fat bird.

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I

Media don't even hype it up as much any more and opposition fans don't really care about it as well. That's unless it's the week before the gf by some fat bird.
It still sucks. Opposition fans might not banter about it as much as they used to, but it still reinforces a shithouse brand/image.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
It still sucks. Opposition fans might not banter about it as much as they used to, but it still reinforces a shithouse brand/image.
It does but at the same time when unknown players that were on the list for few years come out with allegations they know that it's either for cash or attention. It also counts for a bloke like chick cause it's known he's broke as hell.

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
I

Funny you should say that. I was in Perth last week and with my Dockers mate (I know) and he brought it up as he had recently seen Cousins behaving oddly (on which I will say no more) and expressing how sad it was. But then he launched into the Eagles of that era rant etc and I replied that that was true but what about the injunctions, Pert (?) coming out at Collingwood a few years ago and the Dockers off season from hell. Blindly said the off season mess was nothing but wanted to harp on about 10 years ago. No one is really disputing what happened but how it is relevant to the team and club today is anyone's guess and for Dockers supporters, they can't let it go. It is a shameful period in our history but FFS, get over it and stop ignoring all the other clubs that have their issues.

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
It does but at the same time when unknown players that were on the list for few years come out with allegations they know that it's either for cash or attention. It also counts for a bloke like chick cause it's known he's broke as hell.
It also came out in court and was used, no doubt, for sympathy in sentencing to say he was lead astray as a young kid using a well known issue from his days at the club. It may all be true mind you and what he said, if true, is very disturbing even if he is 100% responsible for his own actions.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah not really biased or incompetent but gee it certainly is another dark story line emanating from that shady period of our history in which rock star egos ran rampant.

The notion that he felt he had to take coke to feel a part of the team is absolutely shameful. Leaders at the club led him astray.

Though it was clearly a troublesome group of 4-7 players, depending on whose story you believe, it's remarkably sad what was left to fester in that period of time at one of the biggest sporting clubs in Australia.
Ironically now we're likely the cleanest club in the league.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Funny you should say that. I was in Perth last week and with my Dockers mate (I know) and he brought it up as he had recently seen Cousins behaving oddly (on which I will say no more) and expressing how sad it was. But then he launched into the Eagles of that era rant etc and I replied that that was true but what about the injunctions, Pert (?) coming out at Collingwood a few years ago and the Dockers off season from hell. Blindly said the off season mess was nothing but wanted to harp on about 10 years ago. No one is really disputing what happened but how it is relevant to the team and club today is anyone's guess and for Dockers supporters, they can't let it go. It is a shameful period in our history but FFS, get over it and stop ignoring all the other clubs that have their issues.
Freo supporters will bring it up and are too dumb to realise how big of a hypocrite they are. But even then theres not much drug banter as much.
There's gonna be some truth but the reality is that they bad eggs were some what of a minority and there were heaps more players that stayed clean. All this does is speak volumes about his character tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back