Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2012
#returnofthewings
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals, Wildcats, Warriors
I have been thinking about the Basil issue.

I know him, he has done some MC'ing for us at work and he is a decent bloke

I just wonder if he was directed by the powers that be at 7 to try and create something out of nothing. His commentating still leaves a bit to be desired, but I don't think he would have thought of it all on his own...

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I have been thinking about the Basil issue.

I know him, he has done some MC'ing for us at work and he is a decent bloke

I just wonder if he was directed by the powers that be at 7 to try and create something out of nothing. His commentating still leaves a bit to be desired, but I don't think he would have thought of it all on his own...
No doubt. The news director would have decided to start down the culture line and Basil set it off, followed by "weak coast eagles" on front page the next day. Talk about manipulation and creating your own story.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
MICK’S GRILL

Mick Warner has launched a scathing attack on West Coast CEO Trevor Nisbett.

Nisbett made a blue during the week when he asserted that Eagle Andrew Gaff had played golf with Andrew Brayshaw less than a week before he broke the Docker’s jaw.

It came to light that that wasn’t true.

“Why did he say it? Why didn’t he check it out?” Mick said on 3AW Football.

Mick said if Nisbett wasn’t a “mate of the AFL”, he wouldn’t still be in his position.

“Nisbett, quite frankly, lost his right to lead the West Coast Eagles many years ago for his role in the illicit drugs crisis, a scandal that continues to affect lives of those players to this day,” he said.

“Nothing happened to Trevor Nisbett or the management of the West Coast Eagles as a result. It was all brushed under the carpet.

“I just think we need more accountability in our game.”

It was an explosive Grill that had Mick’s fellow commentators almost speechless!

kempy

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
MICK’S GRILL

Nisbett made a blue during the week when he asserted that Eagle Andrew Gaff had played golf with Andrew Brayshaw less than a week before he broke the Docker’s jaw.

Mick said if Nisbett wasn’t a “mate of the AFL”, he wouldn’t still be in his position.

“Nisbett, quite frankly, lost his right to lead the West Coast Eagles many years ago for his role in the illicit drugs crisis, a scandal that continues to affect lives of those players to this day,” he said.

“Nothing happened to Trevor Nisbett or the management of the West Coast Eagles as a result. It was all brushed under the carpet.

It was an explosive Grill that had Mick’s fellow commentators almost speechless!

Who is Mark Grill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s hasnt been great for our number 3’s this week. First Gaff and now Judd.

Notice they mention west coast first .....

If you were writing an article it should stay

Former Carlton and west coast player

But no it says former west coast .....

I reckon if there was contraversy with an former eagles whomplays one game for us and 250 for another club it would still state .,..former eagles player .....

That’s the stupid vic media ,...it’s been like that since 1992 ....I was in Melbourne the day the cup left in 1992 and the hate by the Victorian public was huge and media also

Jun 14, 2012
#returnofthewings
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals, Wildcats, Warriors
Basil delivered he has to own it.

FFS I am past this blame this anonymous someone else person.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My point is, that even though he delivered it, the issue of an inflammatory media runs deeper than then the face in front of the camera

MICK’S GRILL

There's nothing in that I disagree with

The comments from nisbett about Gaff playing golf with the Brayshaws and that he and Andrew were friends were flat out wrong. At the very least there should have been an explanation and/or an apology for such a blatant error in such an important press conference

And he was very very fortunate to have survived the fallout from our drugs saga given he was the CEO when everything turned to s**t

MICK’S GRILL

This should be in the competent media coverage thread, every word is spot on.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Before last week’s derby, Lyon described Gaff as a star player and a humble person.

He also went on to say that he hoped players like of Adam Cerra and Brayshaw could one day develop into somebody like Gaff.

Lyon still thinks of Gaff as a “champion of the game” despite what happened in the derby.

“He’s a good person that had a bad moment,” Lyon said on Friday.

“He stacked thousands, millions, of great moments. He had a bad moment, and unfortunately he’s paid the price for it.”
Kudos to Ross.

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Before last week’s derby, Lyon described Gaff as a star player and a humble person.

He also went on to say that he hoped players like of Adam Cerra and Brayshaw could one day develop into somebody like Gaff.

Lyon still thinks of Gaff as a “champion of the game” despite what happened in the derby.

“He’s a good person that had a bad moment,” Lyon said on Friday.

“He stacked thousands, millions, of great moments. He had a bad moment, and unfortunately he’s paid the price for it.”
Kudos to Ross.

Ross Lyon needs to change his ways

I reckon why free agents don’t go there is because of him

The whole women fiasco ..paying hush money was really damaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back