Bichel you're a star!

• Thread starter The Inness Action Faction
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

T

The Inness Action Faction

His test bowling average now is 85.25. 4 tests, 4 wickets.

INNESS!!! INNESS!!! INNESS!!!

A bloke called Fleming isnt a bad first up change bowler either.

Inness has a long way to go yet, though there is talent there no doubt.

How come we can produce the bowlers, but are so dry in the batting dept?

Inness has done 1000 times more at this stage of his career than McGrath, Nicholson or Lee ever did before they were picked in the test team.

He has taken something like 50 wickets in his last 8 matches. But I guess you didn't know that?

Pity he isn't from NSW or QLD he'd be in the team by now.

Well I definately don't dipute he would be in there if he was from Qld or NSW. That selection habit has been around now for about 20 years.

I suspect the reason why NSW players are selected very early in their 1st class careers and generally make the grade pretty well is because the Sydney District cricket standard must be very high. Higher than other states so the difference when making the jump to 1st class is less. Mind you I have only ever seen District cricket in Adelaide.

goeagles fleming is coming back from a couple of injuries

as for inness there is no doubt he would be in the team if he was a nsw or qld, he has done far more than lee and mcgrath had done, blokes like higgs get a tour and have done nothing, what had scott muller done to get a baggy green cap?

the advantage inness should have, but the selectors wont see it that way, is that he is a left hander and would compliment the current pace attack, but i wouldnt mind betting that bracken is ahead of him because he is from nsw

inness has done more than just the last few matches
in the past two seasons he has cleaned up full strength nsw teams
getting taylor and mark waugh once
slater and steve waugh twice amoung others

i think its about time, with the strength of the side someone did get a crack rather than recycling players like bichel, kasper etc

judging by the current pattern, inness should get a gig boxing day, they seem to love playing players at their home ground, inness has got a lot of wickets at the mcg, or will this get over looked because he is a victorian
i know ill be telling a certain australian scorer and assistant team manager to throw matty inness' name in the ring

[This message has been edited by walshy1993 (edited 26 November 2000).]

Inness will go on the ashes tour, lets not forget that bichel has the best bowling strike rate for qld ever, what about adam dale he has taken lots of wickets, kasprowich , inness is one of many.

What's this NSW or QLD selection crap? I'll buy it for the Cockroaches, but Queensland has not had the best luck with Test places- the only regular players we have had in the past decade were Border, Mcdermott and Healey, all obviously deserved.
Hayden has been bounced around like a yoyo- OK, Matt Elliott and Greg Blewett might have cayse for complaint, but Blewett certainly had a longer run than Hayden has.
Stuie Law got a 50 in his one test- and was dropped! He is also paying for dropping a catch in the world cup of 96- a nasty play if ever I saw one.
Kasper bowled his heart out for the Aussies, especially in india- then gets 12th man status! The best bowler on the 98 tour- and he doesn't get a guernsey in the enxt test! Come on....get serious....
And healey- stripped of the vice captaincy for throwing a bat in anger- let's remember it was as he was walking into the changing rooms- not on the field- and he's been one of the main men in australian cricket, not making phone calls to women who are not his wife and sledging other Aussie players- say hi to Joe the cameraman.
Bichel may not be the ticket, but give him a series to get comfortable- not a test every year and a half.
And the final evidence- who has DOMINATED the Shield comp (I refuse to use that other name) the past 7 years, winning 3. We should have won a fourth, except for an unbelievable choice by stuie to bat in 1998 when we won the toss at home. Queensland has earned the opportunity for their players to get test recognition, but it ALWAYS goes to the cockroaches- witness such luminaries as Shane Lee and Simon Cook- not to mention the fact that the junior Waugh still takes a batting spot that a guy like katich, Lehman or a host of players could fill and develop into a great test player (note I didn't put a Queenslander there- although Symonds COULD become a fantastic all rounder if he gets the discipline....

Jim

inness-go boy go!has been with the vics a few seasons and done very well,about time the selectors gave him a go.but being a victorian isnt one of the criteria of the selection process.not unless ur a welshman or a queenslander.kasper where are though kasper?long time no perve from the blondes at the fence at the g on the southern wing.i think if we dont push through our younger blokes to senior cricket and give them a crack we will end up ala windies dont u?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back