Bickering about who lied and when... Also: lettuce puns

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the sort of thing teenagers say, "why cant I', "that's a stupid rule" (the quote I responded to), "I shouldn't have to wear a helmet, it messes up my hair" "who made you boss" (actually you did say that, mmmmm)

That's great. I just tried to make it simple for you because you hadn't even attempted to give me an answer. You just don't have one though so it's ok.

The suspended players handed over consent forms with “thymosin” on it to ASADA. Any player who didn’t have (or hand over) such a consent form was not suspended and all the players who did hand such a consent form over (even those who claimed to receive no injections of any kind) were suspended.

So they were suspended for – effectively – confessing. But at the same time CAS ruled that they were completely uncooperative and evasive and therefore deserved to have the book thrown at them with precisely zero mitigating circumstances.

Not to mention that CAS stated that they didn’t deserve any further mitigation because of the drawn out process because the players challenged the process in court. Except that the players didn’t do that – that was the club and Hird and the players had no say in it.

The suspended handed over consent forms with “thymosin” on it to ASADA. Any player who didn’t have (or hand over) such a consent form was not suspended and all the players who did hand such a consent form over (even those who claimed to receive no injections of any kind) were suspended.

So they were suspended for – effectively – confessing. But at the same time CAS ruled that they were completely uncooperative and evasive and therefore deserved to have the book thrown at them with precisely zero mitigating circumstances.

Not to mention that CAS stated that they didn’t deserve any further mitigation because of the drawn out process because the players challenged the process in court. Except that the players didn’t do that – that was the club and Hird and the players had no say in it.

Name one player who signed a consent form and denied receiving injections who actually got suspend? The name commonly floated is Henry Slattery but he has admitted he got what he thought were vitamin injections.

CAS did not rule that, CAS ruled that they kept the injections secret and did not take the necessary steps to inform testers what they were being given, or find out for themselves what they got injected with.

The players also asked for a 28 day delay after the finalization of the hearing and any appeal to lodge a reply to a reissued SCN, they received a 14 days, while they may not have been a party on the challenge, they themselves asked for a delay due to it!.

CAS did not rule that, CAS ruled that they kept the injections secret and did not take the necessary steps to inform TESTES what they were being given, or find out for themselves what they got injected with.

Well they do shrink when you use PEDs but I'm not sure if you inform them it makes any difference! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name one player who signed a consent form and denied receiving injections who actually got suspend? The name commonly floated is Henry Slattery but he has admitted he got what he thought were vitamin injections.

CAS did not rule that, CAS ruled that they kept the injections secret and did not take the necessary steps to inform testes what they were being given, or find out for themselves what they got injected with.

The players also asked for a 28 day delay after the finalization of the hearing and any appeal to lodge a reply to a reissued SCN, they received a 14 days, while they may not have been a party on the challenge, they themselves asked for a delay due to it!.

The players signed consent forms about thymosin injections, handed them over to ASADA willingly , but then ASADA claims they lied

Okey dokey :thumbsu:

14 days - woo hoo

Get your ropes boys, we gots us a hangin

I hear a couple of players said they had heard of thymosin - woo hoo, we gotz us a hangin boys

The players signed consent forms about thymosin injections, handed them over to ASADA willingly , but then ASADA claims they lied

Okey dokey :thumbsu:

14 days - woo hoo

Get your ropes boys, we gots us a hangin

I hear a couple of players said they had heard of thymosin - woo hoo, we gotz us a hangin boys

Yup handed over the forms once under investigation not at the time of the test when it mattered

14 days AFTER the conclusion of the case. So case + 14 thus the case was a delay attributable to the players

So why did they not tell testers at the time and check what the substance was?

The suspended players handed over consent forms with “thymosin” on it to ASADA. Any player who didn’t have (or hand over) such a consent form was not suspended and all the players who did hand such a consent form over (even those who claimed to receive no injections of any kind) were suspended.

Gee , sounds like they were really hard done by.
just to think they could have lied then maintained thier respect in the public eye.

Gee , sounds like they were really hard done by.
just to think they could have lied then maintained thier respect in the public eye.

What time?
2012 when they reported nothing to testers about what they were given
2013 when they handed over consent forms
2014/15 when their defence at the tribunal and CAS was we don't know what we took...

Last edited:
Haha, a shonky decision based on a series of whims with more holes than some swiss cheese and a level of proof required lower than a limbo dancer has seen CAS deny blokes making a living, attending a wake, watching their kids play footy or take them to auskick.

But blokes who were sick and did not turn up or denied getting injected when ASADA interviews were taking place did not get issued SCN's, but the blokes who were honest believing they did nothing wrong did.

ASADA and WADA you are an absolute disgrace.
I'm sure I had a response to this post but it was lost in the move:cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back