Big Bash Future

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean over those players it's Wish IPL

Im saying there are others who aren't in that Cat who are light years better but didn't want to come to our shitty comp

Well it’s not the IPL with a billion dollars but there’s plenty of talent this year. Plenty of English players that will help

Well it’s not the IPL with a billion dollars but there’s plenty of talent this year. Plenty of English players that will help
But is there enough space to accommodate all the English players in the BBL. I would suspect all 12 Plats to be bought, leaving only 20 spots left for international players. Only 11% of the players are going to be picked

But is there enough space to accommodate all the English players in the BBL. I would suspect all 12 Plats to be bought, leaving only 20 spots left for international players. Only 11% of the players are going to be picked

Most of the top ones will be picked

Here's a list of players from the BBL list that aer also playing at either UAE or SA. 48 players out of the total of 280 on the list
Faf, Livingstone, Billings, Pollard, DreRus, DJ Bravo, Rashid, Chris Jordan and Boult are all listed on this list and are all Platinum ranked players.
Leaving only Jason Roy, David Willey, and Shadab Khan as the only Platinum's that are staying the full season.

* the full SA lists haven't been announced yet, and there is no cross over in the UAE and SA comps so far.
Akeal HoseinTRIGeorge MunseyENGRahmanullah GurbazAFG
Alex HalesENGHazratullah ZazaiAFGRashid KhanAFG
Ali KhanUSAImran TahirRSARavi RampaulTRI
Andre RussellJAMJames VinceENGReece TopleyENG
Azam KhanPAKJamie OvertonENGRehan AhmedENG
Benny HowellENGKieron PollardTRIRichard GleesonENG
Blessing MuzarabaniZIMLiam DawsonENGSam BillingsENG
Brandon GloverNEDLiam LivingstoneENGSamit PatelENG
Chris JordanENGMaheesh TheekshanaSRISheldon CottrellJAM
Colin MunroNZLMark DeyalTRISherfane RutherfordGUY
Dominic DrakesBRBMigael PretoriusRSATom BantonENG
Dwayne BravoTRIMujeeb Ur RahmanAFGTom CurranENG
Evin LewisTRIObed McCoyVINTom Kohler-CadmoreENG
Fazalhaq FarooqiAFGOllie PopeENGTrent BoultNZL
Faf Du PlessisRSAPaul StirlingIRLWayne MadsenENG
Fred KlaassenNEDQais AhmadAFGZahir KhanAFG

Roy is playing in one of the other leagues so is not available for the whole season.

The BBL draft was a disaster....the competition is in real trouble now.

CA just waiting for the indian investors to take over all ownership and pay players

soul of cricket has been sold and its the beginning of the end (actually that was a few years ago) - Test cricket will basically be extinct within 10-20 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CA just waiting for the indian investors to take over all ownership and pay players

soul of cricket has been sold and its the beginning of the end (actually that was a few years ago) - Test cricket will basically be extinct within 10-20 years.

I'm reading an interesting book on the history of cricket at the moment, right from its origins in the 1600s.

Basically, for a long time, it was one-day exhibition games (especially 18th and 19th century) organised by club owners with a strong element of being for the purposes of gambling (much like horse racing). Then it was gradually formalised into longer matches, first class and tests with a significant improvement in the quality of players.

It makes me think we're really just going back to that with T20. The power will be with the owners, the quality doesn't really matter compared to the money that can be made off it through gambling.

I can see first class cricket shrinking to something like real tennis (Real tennis - Wikipedia) is now, played by semi-professionals and amateurs. Before that, can see tests going back to the 1930s when really only Australia and England played with occasional matches against others.

What can you do the good players don't want to be here for 2 months for 340k when they can get double and triple that in the IPL

It's a joke we need our own window late november through to December, pay the blokes what they are worth

What can you do the good players don't want to be here for 2 months for 340k when they can get double and triple that in the IPL

It's a joke we need our own window late november through to December, pay the blokes what they are worth
You understand that the BBL getting its own window would basically spell the end of international cricket yeah?

You understand that the BBL getting its own window would basically spell the end of international cricket yeah?
I mean it's pretty much dead as is, only series with India, Australia and England are making money

I think move ODIs and T20Is on, keep tests will probably be the only way forwad

Let's be honest how much is Rashid Khan going to make playing for Afghanistan, when he could be a full time T20 player playing in all the Indian funded cricket leagues

I mean it's pretty much dead as is, only series with India, Australia and England are making money

I think move ODIs and T20Is on, keep tests will probably be the only way forwad

Let's be honest how much is Rashid Khan going to make playing for Afghanistan, when he could be a full time T20 player playing in all the Indian funded cricket leagues
The BBL does what you are proposing to do and they are digging their own grave. It simply goes to 12 month IPL contracts and the BBL becomes North Sydney v Glenelg.

But that should be okay as its the most commercially viable option. Think of the money the players could make :fire::fire:.

The BBL does what you are proposing to do and they are digging their own grave. It simply goes to 12 month IPL contracts and the BBL becomes North Sydney v Glenelg.

But that should be okay as its the most commercially viable option. Think of the money the players could make :fire::fire:.
Sadly i see no way out of this hole they created the broadcasters want more games and CA caved and now well they are ****ed no one wants to play two months of cricket for $280k when they get much more in the UAE and IPL leagues

So you want the game aimed at kids and families played outside the holidays? It’d kill the competition even faster than it’s currently going down so go for it!!!

The BBL draft was a disaster....the competition is in real trouble now.
Mentioned by Sam Landsberger a journalist.

Got to admit that is pretty bad of the BBL to do that. Not a good look for the comp and even though i think they may be done as cricketers, not great treatment.

T20 is all about money.

Mentioned by Sam Landsberger a journalist.

Got to admit that is pretty bad of the BBL to do that. Not a good look for the comp and even though i think they may be done as cricketers, not great treatment.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Remove this Banner Ad

Back