Big Bash Future

Gades need to be relegated o_O
They need to be merged with the Stars. Who knows may get a competitive side with 4 or 5 from the Renegades, 4 or 5 from the Stars and some decent Internationals.

Finch Stonis Maxwell Larkin Harper Cartwright Webster Nile Richardson Boyce Zampa
I reckon that is an XI that could compete against MI or CSK, but then we got club cricketers in there as well that are trash.
Less teams, and we get better quality cricket

I reckon that is an XI that could compete against MI or CSK, but then we got club cricketers in there as well that are trash.
Less teams, and we get better quality cricket
Definitely but CA are about the money and getting Sydney/NSW more titles

Bairstow, Stokes, Rauf as internationals
Yep got to replace Cartwright Larkin Webster Harper, would potentially look at a Wicket Keeper bat (Baristow), All rounder (Stokes), pure batsman (?)

Why would the Victorian based CA want Sydney/NSW to get more titles?
did you see the way they gifted the shield to NSW a couple of years ago, or the way the big guns always return around finals time, or can't have Gayle but you can have druggo Hale

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
did you see the way they gifted the shield to NSW a couple of years ago, or the way the big guns always return around finals time, or can't have Gayle but you can have druggo Hale
Gifted a shield as in were top of the table when a pandemic hit? A more appropriate comparison would be when Victoria were given full points v NSW when the SCG was deemed unacceptable but the same was not done when the MCG was deemed unsafe v WA.

The big guns as in the guys who are available to be signed by everyone but the Sixers are the only team willing to carry them in their salary cap and list for the whole season? And who are from NSW so aren't exactly being poached. If Victoria could produce some big guns they might come back to some of their sides.

Isn't it funny that they only get a gig for the Australian side because they're from NSW whilst simultaneously being so good that it is unfair to have them play domestic cricket?

One of the main people who said BBL teams shouldn't sign Gayle is the current Victorian coach.

Finally the questions still remains why would CA who are based in Victoria and whose vast majority of staff are Victorian want NSW sides to win?

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Haven't watched it for a few years but saw a bit when channel surfing the other night. I was surprised at the low crowd numbers (MCG game) as I always thought competition this attracted big crowds. Seems its popularity is definitely waning.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Scotty Boland was once a Grade Plodder.

Look at him now.

Players have to start out somewhere.

Or straight from Milo Cricket to the big time, you reckon?
People seem to forget that these blokes being called up are still around the 150th best cricketers in Australia. They're the equivalent of about the 10th best player on each AFL teams list. We just don't realise as there's no international comparison for the relative quality of the AFL.

That was an awesome game to be at, the atmosphere was electric.

Somehow in the following 6 years they've managed to fu** it up.

In saying that, covid hasn't helped.
Too many games, plus it went from being on Channel 10 who did great job of broadcasting it to fox/7

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Willing to look beyond crowds due to Covid and the natural hestitation that most people have at the moment (not looking for an argument on this). One of the big issues outside of player talent (which is woeful) is the lack of competitive games. Have had a squizz most nights and there have been a lot of games that are over by the 8-12th overs.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Willing to look beyond crowds due to Covid and the natural hestitation that most people have at the moment (not looking for an argument on this). One of the big issues outside of player talent (which is woeful) is the lack of competitive games. Have had a squizz most nights and there have been a lot of games that are over by the 8-12th overs.
And what do you do about that? Most of the gimmicks in the comp were supposed to be measures to keep competitive games happening.

By my count there's been 9 games this season out of 43(?) that have gone to the last two overs with the result in question. That's a touch over 20%. Is that enough? I wonder how that compares to the IPL and other T20 leagues.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I would consider myself a cricket tragic, but in recent times I seem to have lost the connection to the game that I once had and despite a local lad playing in the BBL and got my side I have little or no interest in the BBL were once upon I time I would have watched every game and seen 2-3 live each year. There is not 1 player in the comp I want yo go see vs once upon a time Warne, Hussey, Pietersen etc

Back