Big Bash Future

Remove this Banner Ad

Still get Lyon and SOK if not injured, and you could argue the bloke who has scored 260+ in 3 games is a bigger in then Murphy
You could also argue that Morris is a bigger in than Agar they way Agar has been bowling. Hell even Murphy has more wickets in less games at a better average, strike rate and economy rate than Agar this tournament.

It's not a conspiracy, they're clearly working on India Test stuff with Agar and Murphy that doesn't require anyone else given they're the 2 finger spinners with no India experience. Hell it might very well be a bowl off.

You could also argue that Morris is a bigger in than Agar they way Agar has been bowling. Hell even Murphy has more wickets in less games at a better average, strike rate and economy rate than Agar this tournament.

It's not a conspiracy, they're clearly working on India Test stuff with Agar and Murphy that doesn't require anyone else given they're the 2 finger spinners with no India experience. Hell it might very well be a bowl off.
Just a uniform rule would be easier then this cloke and daggers thing

They should have a uniform rule that prioritises this trash over the interests of the Australian team?
Well all tests players are not available for finals, going into a training account not a pick and miss

Do you agree it's been handled poorly?

Surely just set a date and make everyone available would be a better option.
I think its insane that you guys want all the Test players to miss because 2 are for a specific reason. They play where they can depending on a range of factors that are appropriate for each player.

I'd have had them all resting and not playing our domestic T20 league at all if you want my 2 cents because I don't really care about it and I see these players play all the time against international opponents so I don't need to see them playing for their respective colours. The India Tests are all that matter to me at this point. Cricket is bigger than just what I want though so I understand why they're playing where they can.

I think its insane that you guys want all the Test players to miss because 2 are for a specific reason. They play where they can depending on a range of factors that are appropriate for each player.

I'd have had them all resting and not playing our domestic T20 league at all if you want my 2 cents because I don't really care about it and I see these players play all the time against international opponents so I don't need to see them playing for their respective colours. The India Tests are all that matter to me at this point. Cricket is bigger than just what I want though so I understand why they're playing where they can.
I didn't say I wanted them all to miss.

It's a few days.
Let them all play or all miss, to get rid of any conjecture.

Understand your point but surely the competition is better for having the internationals (ie. ours) in it rather than twiddling their thumbs? On my feed I get details about Faf and Alex Hales killing it in the SA comp…they were playing in the. BBL briefly but now that they’re gone we are resting some of our own top shelf players whilst playing others. Quality is the issue.

Again, you want the BBL given priority over the Australian team. For our Test batters it is usually better for them to be playing, for our Test bowlers it is usually better to rest them.

Yet Handscomb can’t play but Khawaja, Renshaw, Labuschagne or Warner will be playing against them…

Again, you want the BBL given priority over the Australian team. For our Test batters it is usually better for them to be playing, for our Test bowlers it is usually better to rest them.
Again one rule for all especially Smith who has a wonky hip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if our Test team want to rest a bowler, either they can't or none of the Test players can play?
When a player has had the impact Smith has in the last 3 games I call bullshit

Understand your point but surely the competition is better for having the internationals (ie. ours) in it rather than twiddling their thumbs? On my feed I get details about Faf and Alex Hales killing it in the SA comp…they were playing in the. BBL briefly but now that they’re gone we are resting some of our own top shelf players whilst playing others. Quality is the issue.
My consistent point in this thread (and very few people agree with me and I get that) is that the quality of the matches isn't as a big a factor on crowds or TV viewers for this competition as is believed. I won't go through it again so as to not repeat myself and I'm not saying the quality makes no difference but the biggest factor is almost always when the matches are on rather than which individuals are actually playing.

If you're looking at the competition just for how good it could be or for how the competition helps the national T20 side than yes the quality is very important. CA have openly said that this is not the point of the BBL though.

I see you are avoiding the question.
They are also resting Handscomb

Smith was in doubt to play the Adelaide test but instead of resting him he plays

My consistent point in this thread (and very few people agree with me and I get that) is that the quality of the matches isn't as a big a factor on crowds or TV viewers for this competition as is believed. I won't go through it again so as to not repeat myself and I'm not saying the quality makes no difference but the biggest factor is almost always when the matches are on rather than which individuals are actually playing.

If you're looking at the competition just for how good it could be or for how the competition helps the national T20 side than yes the quality is very important. CA have openly said that this is not the point of the BBL though.
I understand what you’re saying but I would consider myself a cricket person (been playing for 39 years, coached for 25, been preparing wickets on and off for 15) I have zero interest in the BBL now, once upon a time I would have attended the majority of the ⭐️ home games - I don’t even know when they are on. Surely improving the quality just by playing the Aussie internationals has to help the competition on all levels especially the development of the second tier players. Why not have it all?

I think a season where the tests are from November through to the start of Jan (New Year's Day test the last, and START IT on New Year's Day, ffs), and a BBL from Dec 23 to January 27 should be what we're aiming for.

Shorter, intense BBL season when families are really up for it. Games across Christmas and NYE. Easier to sign internationals plus more access to the test side.

While we're there?

Melbourne Stars "moves" to Auckland, Thunder move to Canberra and a Wellington team comes in. But fewer games - play each team once, plus "rivalry round", and elimination finals play ins for teams 3 to 6.

Sell the teams to private owners (or do something to drive passionate, unforgiving management), and we're done.

Or just don't schedule a test series in India starting February 9. Should be mid-February at the earliest.

India wouldn't compromise the IPL by doing something similar, and we shouldn't either.

Or just don't schedule a test series in India starting February 9. Should be mid-February at the earliest.

India wouldn't compromise the IPL by doing something similar, and we shouldn't either.
Good point. Even just a few days later would have helped.

That being said, two players isn't a massive issue in practice, it's just the principal of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back