Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what people don't get

"As soon as Cricket Tasmania was made aware, it undertook an investigation that determined the interaction was consensual, private, occurred on the one occasion only, was between mature adults and was not repeated, ”Gaggin said in a statement.

“Cricket Tasmania clearly does not condone this type of behaviour and addressed the matter directly with Tim Paine.

“However, because of the consensual nature of the actions it was determined that no further action was required or appropriate.”

"As soon as Cricket Tasmania was made aware, it undertook an investigation that determined the interaction was consensual, private, occurred on the one occasion only, was between mature adults and was not repeated, ”Gaggin said in a statement.

“Cricket Tasmania clearly does not condone this type of behaviour and addressed the matter directly with Tim Paine.

“However, because of the consensual nature of the actions it was determined that no further action was required or appropriate.”
Unfortunate surname in these circumstances…

This is really disappointing. Two people had a relationship, it involved sexting (which all new relationships involve these days) and an investigation was done that confirmed it was all consensual. I don't see the problem. We need more leaders to stand up in these cases and say that their private life is their business - time to move on.

Whoever released the photos is looking at criminal charges too.
Have photo's been released?

Anot

Contradictory for sure.

Anyhoo hopefully moves along the process of getting Josh Inglis into the Test side.

They’ll probably go with Carey however which I think is a bad move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His keeping has been in decline, I would have thought the Captaincy was the only thing keeping him in the side. I would like to see Travis Head come in at 5 and made Captain and Inglis as wk.

Is Head even a lock in the team? He was dropped last summer from memory

His keeping has been in decline, I would have thought the Captaincy was the only thing keeping him in the side. I would like to see Travis Head come in at 5 and made Captain and Inglis as wk.
Head isn't even guaranteed in getting a game.
Cummins or Smith pretty much their only options I would think.

Is Head even a lock in the team? He was dropped last summer from memory
Head isn't even guaranteed in getting a game.
Cummins or Smith pretty much their only options I would think.
Yeah Head isn't a lock but I believe he should come in at 5 . He is in really good form and has been Captain at SA for the last 6 years. Only 27, averages 40 in Test cricket ( Chappell averaged 42 )

Australian Test cricket captain Tim Paine engulfed in sexting scandal

Australian cricket captain Tim Paine is embroiled in a sexting scandal and will resign.

Test captain Tim Paine has been investigated by Cricket Australia for sending a female co-worker a “dick pic” and string of lewd messages.
It is expected he will announce his resignation from cricket’s top job at 2.30pm.

If he's given the flick, Carey or Inglis?

Strong username to Tim Paine SMS content correlation

I agree, he is srtill a reasonable keeper but he is declining and the guy is 36. Now with this mess and the fact he still hasnt been able to prove his fitness, it seems the best and easiest time to let him go. i think you are right, he was only holding his spot as he was captain.
As much as Head might have good leadership qualities there is 0 chance he will be considered as captain until he is a certain starter in the side on batting talent alone.

I agree, he is srtill a reasonable keeper but he is declining and the guy is 36. Now with this mess and the fact he still hasnt been able to prove his fitness, it seems the best and easiest time to let him go. i think you are right, he was only holding his spot as he was captain.
As much as Head might have good leadership qualities there is 0 chance he will be considered as captain until he is a certain starter in the side on batting talent alone.
Agreed, just what I would like to see happen, won't though obviously at least as you say, he becomes a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back