Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im coming around to women's cricket. The quality of competition is there and domestically Australia is very strong so it's worth a watch. In some ways without the speed on the ball and the relative lower strength of the women in comparison to the men it's a bit of throwback to a more competitive display between bat and ball, even in 20 over cricket.

Im coming around to women's cricket. The quality of competition is there and domestically Australia is very strong so it's worth a watch. In some ways without the speed on the ball and the relative lower strength of the women in comparison to the men it's a bit of throwback to a more competitive display between bat and ball, even in 20 over cricket.
It’s pretty solid. Once the crowd and hype is there it makes any sport seem 100x better too.

like watching the Marsh Cup mens one day games on fox with crowds of 120 odd spectators. It makes it feel like a very amateur sport. If you add 15,000 fans it suddenly seems a s**t tonne better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty good turnaround from India this test. New Zealand were none down approaching 200 and it looked like they were going to have a handy first innings lead.
Not what your typical Australian would call a good pitch but it provided something for everyone and made it interesting.

So looking more likely no Ashes test for Perth this summer
McGowan has guaranteed there will be no Perth test...
"So we've said to them, 'you need to have 14 days' quarantine'. And that has to apply to all the broadcast staff, the cricket staff.

Knowing full well that it is impossible given there is a four day turn around between the 4th and 5th tests.

He has done a good job of keeping WA relatively Covid free but given the vaccination rates by mid January adn the fact the entire world is opening up, it seems he is over reaching by a fair margin with this one and opening up in general. I dont live in WA anymore but I imagine sentiment will be turning against him fairly rapidly.

"So we've said to them, 'you need to have 14 days' quarantine'. And that has to apply to all the broadcast staff, the cricket staff.

Knowing full well that it is impossible given there is a four day turn around between the 4th and 5th tests.

He has done a good job of keeping WA relatively Covid free but given the vaccination rates by mid January adn the fact the entire world is opening up, it seems he is over reaching by a fair margin with this one and opening up in general. I dont live in WA anymore but I imagine sentiment will be turning against him fairly rapidly.
I'm happy that he is being consistent in his approach. No special rules for anyone.

He has a plan as to when we will open up and he is sticking by that. The merits of the plan can be argued, but good on him for not making exceptions for sporting events.

‘Relatively covid free’ is an understatement considering basically the entire rest of the world. Not disagreeing with your post though

I'm happy that he is being consistent in his approach. No special rules for anyone.

He has a plan as to when we will open up and he is sticking by that. The merits of the plan can be argued, but good on him for not making exceptions for sporting events.
Well I mean there were plenty made for the AFL this year. If the feds didn't accuse McGowan of opening the border earlier to play the test he'd have made exemptions for cricketers too imo

Well I mean there were plenty made for the AFL this year. If the feds didn't accuse McGowan of opening the border earlier to play the test he'd have made exemptions for cricketers too imo

AFL was willing to do quarantines, cricket wasn't

That's the key difference

The people who lied to get into the state for the grand final to avoid quarantine would have also played a part IMO

:raisinghand: One here.

By McGowan's own estimate WA will reach 80% double vaccination around December 10th. By the time the Perth test was due to start (Jan 14th) you'd have to think we'd be close to 90% or even beyond it. At that point there should be next to no restrictions. 14 day quarantines in that scenario would be an absurd overkill.

Power hungry prick just wants to swing his dick. 2 years in a row without a Perth test. GAGF McGowan.

:raisinghand: One here.

By McGowan's own estimate WA will reach 80% double vaccination around December 10th. By the time the Perth test was due to start (Jan 14th) you'd have to think we'd be close to 90% or even beyond it. At that point there should be next to no restrictions. 14 day quarantines in that scenario would be an absurd overkill.

Power hungry prick just wants to swing his dick. 2 years in a row without a Perth test. GAGF McGowan.
Yep - the test is only few weeks before the opening date anyway. How is that going to make a material difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back