Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Green was picked to open in those T20Is in India and rattled off runs at a strike rate of 200+, it was both the best and worst thing that could have happened to him. Yes, he's now $3M richer, and has proved he can play in the IPL - but he's now had months and months of being shunted between formats, conditions and roles. He's lost his way, and he needs some clarity. For mine, that's batting at 4 for WA, to his own tempo, and backing his ability to control the game. The 4th seamer stuff is just a bonus.

When Green was picked to open in those T20Is in India and rattled off runs at a strike rate of 200+, it was both the best and worst thing that could have happened to him. Yes, he's now $3M richer, and has proved he can play in the IPL - but he's now had months and months of being shunted between formats, conditions and roles. He's lost his way, and he needs some clarity. For mine, that's batting at 4 for WA, to his own tempo, and backing his ability to control the game. The 4th seamer stuff is just a bonus.
IPLs the best competition there is, and doesn't overlap with anything else. Aus should be trying to get as many IPL games into as many Aussies as possible. I'd be sitting Green out of international series like this one before the IPL if he needs a rest.

IPLs the best competition there is, and doesn't overlap with anything else. Aus should be trying to get as many IPL games into as many Aussies as possible. I'd be sitting Green out of international series like this one before the IPL if he needs a rest.

disagree. its the warm up to the WC in the same conditions….surely you want campaigners playing that.

could have sat out SA.

So does Hobson just take the day off from his accounting job so that he can play one-day matches?

Gannon is off to a pretty good start, I reckon playing T20s in that US league (as an American player) probably did him a lot of good.

So does Hobson just take the day off from his accounting job so that he can play one-day matches?

Gannon is off to a pretty good start, I reckon playing T20s in that US league (as an American player) probably did him a lot of good.
I'd imagine he'd have organised some leave of some form. Players who just play BBL would do it too.

Wish Turner was able to do what he does in domestically cricket. Heck it feels like it’s been well over a decade since Australia had a gun West Aussie well entrenched in any side.

Actually just remembered Mitch Johnson but he had his moments and it’s probably pushing close to a decade since he retired

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know but he played a bulk of his cricket here

Same way Alan Border is considered a Queenslander, David Hussey a Victorian and Adam Gilchrist a WA player etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back