Big Fish ?...Hawthorn trade news and targets thread(not for trade hypotheticals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things change, his last couple of years have shown this.
I agree, as I said it is a risk worth taking but a risk nonetheless. I thought we should have taken him when he was last out of contract. Would have been a steal for a man of his talent. The good clubs take risks.

Is Fyfe a realistic chance?

From what I'm told Dusty to North is done. He'd be my first preference but what can you do.

If Fyfe chooses to develop his brand in Melbourne we are every chance, the problem is that Freo will be very likely to match any offer and we have * all trade assets.

I agree, as I said it is a risk worth taking but a risk nonetheless. I thought we should have taken him when he was last out of contract. Would have been a steal for a man of his talent. The good clubs take risks.
Honestly both a risk, as no-one can tell the future. So i think when it comes down to it, it depends on who you believe is the better risk to take.:)

JOM would love to play with Dusty
87dc2aea2884628b3ea6c536ee36e14a.jpg
"Dusty headed to North 2 hours ago"

If Fyfe chooses to develop his brand in Melbourne we are every chance, the problem is that Freo will be very likely to match any offer and we have **** all trade assets.
I think Fyfe will come to Melbourne for 2 reasons:

1. Brand Fyfe. Like Dangerfield, his ego is enormous. And from what I understand he is very conscious of his post-football brand. This lends itself very strongly to a move to a Melbourne club.

2. His body is giving him trouble and the stats don't lie - players from Perth based clubs are less likely to play 300+ games. The constant travel is taxing.

Fyfe won't want to go to a cash-strapped loser club like St Kilda or North in my opinion. That won't fit his brand. I think Carlton is where he will end up (like the last huge name to return from the west) but I'd have us right in with a chance. I wouldn't rule out Essendon either but they usually end up with blue balls in the trade period.

My prediction is Fyfe to Carlton and Martin to North. But we should be in the running.

Martin has signed a contract at Richmond since the infamous tour of GWS a few years ago, without any fanfare
This is not the first time he is coming out of contract since the Giants debarcle

I think Fyfe will come to Melbourne for 2 reasons:

1. Brand Fyfe. Like Dangerfield, his ego is enormous. And from what I understand he is very conscious of his post-football brand. This lends itself very strongly to a move to a Melbourne club.

2. His body is giving him trouble and the stats don't lie - players from Perth based clubs are less likely to play 300+ games. The constant travel is taxing.

Fyfe won't want to go to a cash-strapped loser club like St Kilda or North in my opinion. That won't fit his brand. I think Carlton is where he will end up (like the last huge name to return from the west) but I'd have us right in with a chance. I wouldn't rule out Essendon either but they usually end up with blue balls in the trade period.

My prediction is Fyfe to Carlton and Martin to North. But we should be in the running.
Essendon really are the worst offseason club and have been for two decades. Amazing how bad they are at attracting players

Essendon really are the worst offseason club and have been for two decades. Amazing how bad they are at attracting players
Even back in the 80s, they were behind in signing up interstate players. The only players I can think of right now are Duckworth and Bewick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember the final quarter of the 84 GF?

Leon bloody Baker :mad:

Think he only played about 4 years of VFL
I was a little too young, and lived in Perth at that stage. My family were West Perth supporters, so I knew those players in particular.

I always here talk from fans about how landing a key defender is our highest priority.

It's not. Quality mids (we currently have the worse midfield in the league) is priority 1,2 and 3. Doesn't matter how good your backline is, hell you could have slotted Steve May and Alex Rance in some of our defeats and we still get thrashed.

Best way to make your backline look good is to make there job easier buy actually winning the football. Our stuggling forwards will also improve dramatically if they start getting some quality ball from our midfield as well.

I agree, but could we have May & Rance anyway? :) You know, just in case....

If we are a legitimate show at Fyfe we want Freo to finish 17th. That way the compensation pick would be pick 3 which is likely better than what they could get from and they are less likely to match.
We need Richmond to fall in a heap as they usually do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back