Big Fish ?...Hawthorn trade news and targets thread(not for trade hypotheticals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HARDWICK-Blake.png

Unfortunately he is missing a key attribute to allow him to flourish in that role.

He doesn't get kissed on the dick like Danger.

I'm not sure of the ins and outs

i think the difference is that Geelong believe they're premiership window is open (it's not) and chris 'richardhead' Scott is doing what he can to get these flawed players across. Stringer wouldn't have nominated Geelong without Chris Scott blowing him in a meeting first.
Hawks are rebuilding the proper way, very carefully and sensibly. We will see how much better off we are than the cats in a few years!

I shouldn't have read this while having my wheatbix, some came out my nose.

Very funny my good man!

It's only been happening for 10 or more years, but it seems some Hawthorn supporters haven't yet recognized that we don't put our name in the hat for every single player via the media like all these other wannabe clubs, especially while finals are still taking place.

thats because the media inflates a players market value artifically making them not worth going after, so you have to go after players behind the scenes to get a decent price for talent....

I'd love us to go for Stringer. I know his form wasn't as good this year, but his entire team's for wasn't as good. And there's obviously been something going on behind closed doors that has been affecting him. A new start at a club like ours would do him the world of good.

I don't think we have anything near enough to get a deal done for the likes of Stringer. He would be great I think, but I don't think we have a chance

Given that Clarkson has publicly ruled out Hawthorn looking to trade for Stringer, that looks doubtful Roddy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hawthorn did discretely enquire of Stringer's manager, but was told either (a) Stringer's list of preferred clubs does not include Hawthorn and/or (b) Stringer's preferred salary is higher than what Hawthorn would be prepared to pay (which ultimately comes to the same thing).

I'd love us to go for Stringer. I know his form wasn't as good this year, but his entire team's for wasn't as good. And there's obviously been something going on behind closed doors that has been affecting him. A new start at a club like ours would do him the world of good.

i would be more than a little worried ....some issues arent too easy to fix....
just caught a bit of the trade radio vision, and got to say, he looked a broken man....obviously distraught about leaving the bulldogs, but id say there are some pretty significant personal issues going on....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would be more than a little worried ....some issues arent too easy to fix....
just caught a bit of the trade radio vision, and got to say, he looked a broken man....obviously distraught about leaving the bulldogs, but id say there are some pretty significant personal issues going on....
everyone has personal issues now and then - that's ok.

Its him being the leader of the rat pack that concerns me (if true)

Clarkson's words were something to the effect that a deal that Satisfied both the Doggies and Hawks didn't look likely

To me that says we couldn't agree on a price, whether that was players picks or % of wage paid

The figure doing the rounds is $600K(don't know how accurate that is).
People just make s**t up.

They wouldn't know - and given that he's under contract still there's a chance the dogs would be paying a portion of the salary.

I don't want the guy at Hawthorn. If we got him I'd cheer for him - and I know we need to fill the list with A grade talent, but we've also previously placed a premium on leadership skills and Stringer would fall well short on that front.

The figure doing the rounds is $600K(don't know how accurate that is).

That's about what I thought he would be on. Young with potential and a recent AA so he could command a figure like that. That said, I agree with most that we don't really have the trade currency to get a deal with the Dogs done, even if Clarko privately wants him despite publicly declaring otherwise. So unless he nominates us, I can't see us getting him unfortunately.

Clarko wouldn't say anything if we were into someone.

We have a lot more to trade and spend than the Cats and they are getting Ablett, Smith and Stringer apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back