BigFooty Official Big Footy 2016 Phantom Draft - Trial Run

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't having a go at you what so ever bud. Definitely one of my more respected posters on the board.

Thanks for the feedback. Would present wonderful value at 37 (Essendon's 3rd round pick) and allow us the ability to go different at 1 & 19.

Thanks for the reply

Yoda I didn't think you were having a go at all, so all's good. :thumbsu:

Rather I just thought I would give you a bit more info as to whyI took him.

Knightmare summed him up pretty well in his critique and for a team like WC who are crying out for any sort of inside grunt that's faster than snails pace, then I was happy to take him slightly earlier. I had him graded as a mid to late second rounder so given WC's specific needs I was happy to take him at 32.

Swans Draft Summary: This Phantom draft for the swans I identified that their list is very strong in most areas wityh most positions already with backups and up and coming new players so this draft I decided to tryu and take players with versatility and scope. My first selection with Scrimshaw was an easy one for me as he has close to the highest celing of any player in this draft. He can play nearly every position on the ground and makes me excited for the future with him. My second pick although it was not mine, was a great one in Shai Bolton. In my opinion Bolton is the most agile and exciting player in the draft and adds depth to their small forwards stocksd in the future. He can play on a wing and as a small forward which will allow him to become a viable replacement for Ben McGlynn when the time come for him to retire. My third pick was one I was ecstatic to take in Josh Begley. From dominating EFL Div 3 football to becoming a potential third round pick is a great effort and has potential to play anywhere on the ground. He has hsown lots as a medium forward and an explosive midfielder thus far but could play as a half back in the future. Exciting prospect. Lastly I take Nick Larkey from the Oakliegh Chargers as a project tall for them to develop. Nick is a skinny swingman but hasd the mobility and game sense which makes me think he could make it in the league if he works hard and his body develops like i think it will. Overall im very happy with the draft as it adds lots of versatility to their side in the future as well as solidifying the small forward and tall positions for them in the future.

bombers draft summary

pick 1 went for brodie but I am almost certain high mccluggages name will be called out first. I believe dodoro was watching him against the knights in a spot inside organised by rebels. Perhaps Keane was watching Brodie at the same time. Either way pick one is a ten year player.
pick 19 went for dylan clarke. Too early for many I suspect but the kid just wins the footy is a big bodied midfielder and does everything to get the best out of himself. his kicking is an ongoing concern.......
pick 37 jack maibaum was my best selection. he is the best defender in the tac who can also play as a dangerous forward.
pick 54 brennan cox. all australian really solid defender. with hurley re-signing (i thought he was gone!) i most likely wouldn't take cox but i think he represented value at that selection
pick 71 kayle kirby goal kicking medium forward with speed and a mean streak. i like him a lot though the difference between his best and worst is large.

the real deal
I expect to have a pick in the mid 20s as I believe hibberd will leave. this will give me the opportunity to snare either a key forward or another quality midfield prospect.

Swans Draft Summary: This Phantom draft for the swans I identified that their list is very strong in most areas wityh most positions already with backups and up and coming new players so this draft I decided to tryu and take players with versatility and scope. My first selection with Scrimshaw was an easy one for me as he has close to the highest celing of any player in this draft. He can play nearly every position on the ground and makes me excited for the future with him. My second pick although it was not mine, was a great one in Shai Bolton. In my opinion Bolton is the most agile and exciting player in the draft and adds depth to their small forwards stocksd in the future. He can play on a wing and as a small forward which will allow him to become a viable replacement for Ben McGlynn when the time come for him to retire. My third pick was one I was ecstatic to take in Josh Begley. From dominating EFL Div 3 football to becoming a potential third round pick is a great effort and has potential to play anywhere on the ground. He has hsown lots as a medium forward and an explosive midfielder thus far but could play as a half back in the future. Exciting prospect. Lastly I take Nick Larkey from the Oakliegh Chargers as a project tall for them to develop. Nick is a skinny swingman but hasd the mobility and game sense which makes me think he could make it in the league if he works hard and his body develops like i think it will. Overall im very happy with the draft as it adds lots of versatility to their side in the future as well as solidifying the small forward and tall positions for them in the future.
not too sure about Boltons off field attitude which prior to this season needed improvement . Certainly form good and hope this just reflects an improved character / attitude

bombers draft summary

pick 1 went for brodie but I am almost certain high mccluggages name will be called out first. I believe dodoro was watching him against the knights in a spot inside organised by rebels. Perhaps Keane was watching Brodie at the same time. Either way pick one is a ten year player.
pick 19 went for dylan clarke. Too early for many I suspect but the kid just wins the footy is a big bodied midfielder and does everything to get the best out of himself. his kicking is an ongoing concern.......
pick 37 jack maibaum was my best selection. he is the best defender in the tac who can also play as a dangerous forward.
pick 54 brennan cox. all australian really solid defender. with hurley re-signing (i thought he was gone!) i most likely wouldn't take cox but i think he represented value at that selection
pick 71 kayle kirby goal kicking medium forward with speed and a mean streak. i like him a lot though the difference between his best and worst is large.

the real deal
I expect to have a pick in the mid 20s as I believe hibberd will leave. this will give me the opportunity to snare either a key forward or another quality midfield prospect.
Kicked 5 and set up 2 in our VFL side yesterday and won the game basically by himself by sounds of it. On debut too.

Yep
I got Daniel Rioli in a similar spot last year
As afl ability has young kayle but does he have the work ethic?

Kicked 5 and set up 2 in our VFL side yesterday and won the game basically by himself by sounds of it. On debut too.

Regarding the 'real thing' with Academy bids and so on, can I strongly suggest all clubs submit 'will match bids lower than pick X' for each potential Academy/FS player ?

With it, it'll be fairly fast for the moderator to go 'right, GWS matched pick 5, so they lose pick 8 and their pick 16 is now pick 20'.

If this isnt done, everyone will get really annoyed at whoever runs GWS :)

Interesting pick.
High risk. High reward.
I personally think this is too high but if his natural ability and athleticism come together then he is the number one player from this draft.
Would Freo pass on Mccluggage or SPS for him in the real draft?
Fascinating conundrum

I'd be spitting chips if Freo passed on SPS or McCluggage

Goal.scoring mids who can offer so much x factor to a team

You would be stretching it to call SPS a goal scoring mid 10 goals in 29 Colts games , none in 3 league appearances . I love his footy , he sets many up but not that damaging personally on scoreboard . One of his greatest assets silky skills aside is he tackles superbly and is only a slight build

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to see how the next one pans out I'll be shocked it Corey Lyons isn't picked up after the finals series he has had.

What are your thoughts on long term players not the boys who can match it with the men early on and don't develop as much? From the Vic comp

From West Aus I can only go on reviews that mostly describe the game played but not the vision

Hey Snoop Dog how does one get involved/participate in the draft? Reckon I'm more than suitably qualified to draft. References are Bishop POULTERBEAR grundog49 Knightmare Bicks etc. who are all aware I attend U18 games throughout the season.

It feels like there is always a place or two to fill so there should be room for you to take a team.

I'd like to see how Pie 4 Life goes, assuming there is a spot available to take. He goes to the games regularly and is a suitable selector.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back