BigFooty Official Big Footy 2016 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If I can use pick 70 anyway I would have placed a bid for Declan Watson.

Collingwood do still have the one extra list position available after the first four choices..

Right you are my mistake i forgot Pies have the extra. Given I know the pick you would take if Watson is matched we can back track easily enough.

Quigley you need to match Watson or he goes to Collingwood. I think if we don't hear back tonight we will assume he will.

Thunderstruck PM me your pick but just hold off for now.

Right you are my mistake i forgot Pies have the extra. Given I know the pick you would take if Watson is matched we can back track easily enough.

Quigley you need to match Watson or he goes to Collingwood. I think if we don't hear back tonight we will assume he will.

Thunderstruck PM me your pick but just hold off for now.

Thanks Snoop Dog. Much appreciated.

Pick 32 Essendon Jack Graham 181cm 83kg Midfielder North Adelaide/ SA

Graham had an outstanding National Championships which culminated in him winning the Larke Medal.
Graham's strengths are his ball winning ability both on the inside and the outside.
He averaged 25 disposals in the Nationals and at Under 18 level in the SANFL. In both competitions he averaged 11 contested and 14 uncontested disposals.
He also averaged over 5 clearances a game and 4 tackles a game.
When he stepped up to SANFL reserves he averaged over 16 disposals with 50% contested disposals. He did not look overawed at the level and if not for injury he probably would have got a taste of senior footy.
Graham is a strong body with a hard attack at the footy and above average footy IQ.
His disposal efficiency hovers at just under 70%.
The areas he is going to have to work on are his endurance running and his kicking. He is going to have to trim down a little to improve his ability to spread from contests and run midfield minutes. His kicking can also tidy up a little more.
I think Graham can prosper in a professional environment and you cannot teach Graham's ability to win the footy and his desire to impact contests.

Rationale
I hoped for another prolific ball winning midfielder who had an ability to win significant footy on the inside as well as the outside. I slightly preferred Kobe Mutch over Jack Graham but alas Mutch's bid was matched. The other players that were in contention were Callum Brown who I rate highly, Ben Long who I had hoped would last to my next pick,Josh Rotham and Ed Phillips. I think Rotham has the highest ceiling but we recruited Dea for Hibberd and I feel this draft should try and expand our midfield depth. The dark horse midfielder for this pick who barely gets a mention on these boards was Ed Phillips. I like the way he goes about his footy but he will most likely last to rookie selection. The last player I considered I hope to take with my last pick.

Pick 32 Essendon Jack Graham 181cm 83kg Midfielder North Adelaide/ SA

Graham had an outstanding National Championships which culminated in him winning the Larke Medal.
Graham's strengths are his ball winning ability both on the inside and the outside.
He averaged 25 disposals in the Nationals and at Under 18 level in the SANFL. In both competitions he averaged 11 contested and 14 uncontested disposals.
He also averaged over 5 clearances a game and 4 tackles a game.
When he stepped up to SANFL reserves he averaged over 16 disposals with 50% contested disposals. He did not look overawed at the level and if not for injury he probably would have got a taste of senior footy.
Graham is a strong body with a hard attack at the footy and above average footy IQ.
His disposal efficiency hovers at just under 70%.
The areas he is going to have to work on are his endurance running and his kicking. He is going to have to trim down a little to improve his ability to spread from contests and run midfield minutes. His kicking can also tidy up a little more.
I think Graham can prosper in a professional environment and you cannot teach Graham's ability to win the footy and his desire to impact contests.

Rationale
I hoped for another prolific ball winning midfielder who had an ability to win significant footy on the inside as well as the outside. I slightly preferred Kobe Mutch over Jack Graham but alas Mutch's bid was matched. The other players that were in contention were Callum Brown who I rate highly, Ben Long who I had hoped would last to my next pick,Josh Rotham and Ed Phillips. I think Rotham has the highest ceiling but we recruited Dea for Hibberd and I feel this draft should try and expand our midfield depth. The dark horse midfielder for this pick who barely gets a mention on these boards was Ed Phillips. I like the way he goes about his footy but he will most likely last to rookie selection. The last player I considered I hope to take with my last pick.
Ed Phillips has had 12 clubs meet with him he is a good chance to get drafted late. His game against the rebels where he played on McCluggage was pivotal in Oakliegh winning that game

Ed Phillips has had 12 clubs meet with him he is a good chance to get drafted late. His game against the rebels where he played on McCluggage was pivotal in Oakliegh winning that game
dps you are killing me.
phantom rookie selection mate.
he didn't test well which surprised me but geez he is nice with the footy.

# 65 Collingwood - Brodie Romensky

Romensky is chosen on performance and versatility. Place him through the midfield - inside or outside or off a half-back flank and he'll go to work. What immediately stands out with Romensky is the way he moves through traffic. He glides through and is near impossible to get a hand on. He's also a prolific ball winner both through the midfield and also cleans up well off half-back.

Brodie Romensky
Best position:
Inside midfield/general defence
Height, weight: 189cm, 88kg
Recruited from: Western Jets
Plays like: Jack Macrae
Projected draft range: late/rookie
Rated last month: Unrated
Rationale behind ranking/change of ranking: Has been on the fringe of many draft boards throughout the season and sneaks into this top 30 as a few others drop down.
Strengths:
- Movement through traffic
- Evasiveness
- Agility
- Wins first possession at stoppages
- Wins a high proportion of possessions in the contest
- Gets to every contest
- Tackling
- Size and strength
- Run and carry
- Intercept marking
- Reading of the flight
- Production
- Excellent both through the midfield and off half back
- Consistency of performance (named in bests 12 of 15 games for Western)
Weaknesses:
- Inconsistent footskills
- Scoreboard impact through midfield limited
- At height could be a greater contested marking threat

Collingwood #70 Brett Eddy
193cm, 93kg, 27 year old key forward.

Bringing back to Collingwood an old favourite, previously playing for Collingwood VFL.

With the departure of Cloke and little faith in Jesse White, Brett Eddy has the capacity to step straight into Collingwood's best 22. He is best mature age key forward in this draft and the most ready to contribute key forward.

74 goals from 20 games this season in the SANFL is a big tally and backing up his 2014 season where he kicked 67 goals from 21 games. He is such a smart key forward and has that Jeremy Cameron-like innate ability to get out the back, regardless of how closely he is being checked for easy goals.

He can transition into the AFL play fine and is an instant best 22 key forward or strong depth depending on the development of Cox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Write up:

Pick 48 - Melbourne - Patrick Kerr (Vic Metro)
194cm / 93kg - Key Forward

I rate Kerr 20 spots higher so there was no hesitation in taking him here at 48. Kerr adds immediate depth to the Melbourne forward line already including Jesse Hogan, Jack Watts & Sam Weideman.

Kerr wasn't a huge goal kicker this year but his performances in the national championships showed that he is one of the best key forwards available in this year's draft class. This year he combined his footy between the Oakleigh Chargers, St Kevin's College and Vic Metro. His biggest strength as a forward is his marking on the lead and he always provides a big target inside 50. He is well built and won't take long to start contributing at senior level. The biggest adjustments these TAC Cup key forwards have to get used to is being allowed out of the 50 more often. While it will take time to develop the running requirements of an AFL key forward, when Kerr gets to that standard and is allowed to roam the whole ground there might be an upside we haven't been able to see much of at U18 level yet.

One thing I'd like to see more of from Kerr is the intent to aggressively crash packs in marking contests. But he has been a strong leader and a well-liked member of the teams he has been in this year and is the type of person AFL clubs love to have in their teams.

Participants

Adelaide - Thunderstruck
Brisbane - Quigley
Carlton - LemmingMaster
Collingwood - Knightmare
Essendon - foj1
Fremantle - Chris25
Geelong - Skippos
Gold Coast - Offsider
GWS - Snoop Dog
Hawthorn - POULTERBEAR
Melbourne - DraftMe
North Melbourne - Jack Package
Port Adelaide - Gee Dub
Richmond - Bishop
Swans - grundog49
St Kilda - AFLprospectss
Western Bulldogs - Wizard17
WCE - Monocle

# 1 Essendon - Andrew McGrath

# 2 GWS - Hugh McCluggage

# 3 Brisbane Lions - Ben Ainsworth

# 4 Gold Coast Suns - Sam Petrevski-Seton

# 5 Carlton - Tim Taranto

# 6 Gold Coast - Will Brodie

# 7 GWS - Will Setterfield

# 8 Gold Coast - Jack Bowes

# 9 Fremantle - Jarrod Berry

# 10 Swans - Griffin Logue

# 11 Gold Coast - Tim English

# 12 North Melbourne - Jack Scrimshaw
Actually most of their picks are very good and on point and they
are not being paid for their efforts either.

Not hard to pick the first 50 odd..but they never get the club picks right..im just sugessting that its a fun type experience and experiment..but nowhere near what clubs actually get..eg: after pick say 70 it just about stops there..

Not hard to pick the first 50 odd..but they never get the club picks right..im just sugessting that its a fun type experience and experiment..but nowhere near what clubs actually get..eg: after pick say 70 it just about stops there..

I would be shocked if we got anywhere near the first 50 correct.

I don't often rant on here but..... permission to do so.... ;)... thank you friends and fellow mock drafters for your permission to do so, in advance .

Well * me stupid, if "Sherlock Holmes" hasn't arrived with his late assessment of our Mock Draft ( after the matter, may I say... ) and come up with some snide, smart arsed comments as to the accuracy of the mock draft V the finished product.

Would be nice to see stars alive contribution to the mock ... (fell free to contribute next year.... always nice to sit on the grassy knoll :gun::gun::gun: ) otherwise STFU.

Last edited:
St Kilda select Corey Lyons with pick 64

NAME: Corey Lyons
HEIGHT: 182cm
WEIGHT: 78kg
CLUB: Sandringham/ St Peters FC

BIO:
Corey is the brother of former Adelaide Crow and new Gold Coast son Jarryd Lyons, this is certainly noticeable while watching Corey Play. Corey can play a number of roles through the midfield and at half forward where he uses his hard running trait to great effect. Although his kicking isn’t fantastic, his ability to find the football both on the inside and out, along with a great attitude to tackling and good clearance numbers. Corey will be a workhorse at AFL level, adding great depth through mid, HF and possibly the wings. I was honestly surprised Corey was still here at pick 64 after his fantastic finals series where he collected 30, 18, 21 and 24 disposals for the Dragons. This adds to his fantastic season were he averaged 24 disposals (66%), 4 clearances, 5 marks and a nearly 3 tackles in the TAC to go along with 13 goals in 15 games. In his 3 games at Vic Metro where he played more at half forward he averaged 15 disposals (75%), 1 clearance, 4 marks a game while kicking 2 goals.

RATIONALE:
Midfield depth is the key for the Saints wanting to take the next step. I view their talls down both ends and rucks as their strength, just need to develop the players to go through the flanks and mids which I think I have drafted so far with Witherden (HB/WING), Brown (SF/MID) and Lyons (HF/MID) (will show in my wrap up at the end of the draft).

OTHERS CONSIDERED?:
Was really hoping Sam Walker slipped through to my pick, wasn’t the case so went with the best available midfielder

Lyons profile is up

Collingwood #70 Brett Eddy
193cm, 93kg, 27 year old key forward.

Bringing back to Collingwood an old favourite, previously playing for Collingwood VFL.

With the departure of Cloke and little faith in Jesse White, Brett Eddy has the capacity to step straight into Collingwood's best 22. He is best mature age key forward in this draft and the most ready to contribute key forward.

74 goals from 20 games this season in the SANFL is a big tally and backing up his 2014 season where he kicked 67 goals from 21 games. He is such a smart key forward and has that Jeremy Cameron-like innate ability to get out the back, regardless of how closely he is being checked for easy goals.

He can transition into the AFL play fine and is an instant best 22 key forward or strong depth depending on the development of Cox.
Snoop Dog

# 73 Adelaide - Mitch Hinge Thunderstruck

# 70 Collingwood - Knightmare I can see you are around so will let you pick. Have a few ready to go.

I had Brett Eddy at pick 70, see previous post fyi, I just did a two in one post.

If others don't appear then I can use my extended phantom (not yet released) to pick the next player likely to feature.

Just tag me and I'll share the selection as needed.

I had Brett Eddy at pick 70, see previous post fyi, I just did a two in one post.

If others don't appear then I can use my extended phantom (not yet released) to pick the next player likely to feature.

Just tag me and I'll share the selection as needed.

Love to see him back at the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back