Big Footy Dees Forum v Demonland v Demonology

Remove this Banner Ad

Comrades.

As far as I know, there are three Demons forums out there: Demonland; Demonology and our good selves.

A question: what are your thoughts re all three, and if you gravitate more towards this site than the other two, why?

Me - for what I am worth - I used to post on Demonland but I became bored from the general lack of humour. I was also embarrassed by the way they ganged up on Yze Magic - the most famous of our online supporters - like a gaggle of old women. He was a prophet re Sylvia and you know what they say about hometowns and such people. Indeed, there are some real cliques in play and they are a real turn off. Many of the posters are also so stylistically alike as to make me suspect that there are a lot fewer of them than what they make out :thumbsu: That being said, it is very informative re injury news, Casey updates and what not. Whispering Jack is a great poster and should be read on every occasion.

I do not know what to make of Demonology. They turn on each other a fair bit (not that it bothers me). It is certainly not as informative as Demonland. The layout of the forum itself is crap. I have never been tempted to put it in my favourites but I go there often enough. I daresay this sounds silly, but what is the question they are trying to answer?

I like this forum because it does radiate a lot more fun, perhaps due to the proximity of the Bay. Unlike Demonland, our Moderators do not have big egos. By and large we all get on well with one another. We need more threads and more posters but I am sure they will come over time.

Anyway, enough of me - over to you.

never tried the other two, I know other peoples opinions and posting style on here plus I waste way too much time on here as it is, cant imagine what would happen if one or two more were thrown into the mix.

You can have some fun here, but with a good mix of seriousness too.

usually only post here, but occasionally start threads on Demonland if i want it read by the administration as i know they monitor that site

Hi Biff, I was a rare big footy user, used to only check up on country league news but since reading your game previews I am a convert. Keep up the great work.

Demonology shouldnt count, very average.

Demonland aint bad, as said, good for Casey updates,
thats about all, I dont read other posts there.

Big Footy is far more knowledgable from what Ive read.

I dont think you could compare the others to BF.

Demonology a couple of years ago couldn't be beaten. They've been hurt a greal deal by the illness of the site owner (who I hope is improving), as they've haven't been able to let new members sign up.

Demonland I'm not too familiar with, but it has always been great for Sandy/Casey reports and the odd bit of official news from Cam Schwab.

The size of BigFooty can't be beaten though, and as nice as it is to converse with your fellow supporters, the perspective garnered from reading other fans boards is too big an incentive not to enjoy.

BF Dees Forum is always my first port of call. I spend way too much time on here but that is because it serves multiple purposes of Dees talk and just stuffing around and seeing what opposition supporters have to say.

Demonland I appreciate for the Casey stuff as well as any genuine inside info about the club. Some of the write ups are quite superp by WJ, KC and Demonland as well as general posters who like to review games. Schwaby has also dropped the odd line.

Although I spend almost as much browsing time on both sites, 90% of the tripe I type is on BF and 10% Demonland and I don't bother with Demonology - you know my Demonland account Biff so you can testify.

The trolls are funnier on BF as well although I must admit that they get more bites on Demonland which can be amusing at times.

BigFooty is preferred...

funny-picture18.jpg

The lulz break it up, make it more interesting IMO. More variety too.

I post on Demonland a bit, but I find it a bit dry at times... and dominated by a few posters. Can't say i read it enough to pick out the cliques and mobs there. However, as others have said it is excellent for official stuff/match reports/Casey news.

Never started on Demonology... was put off by the layout, didn't even get to the point of realising that no new members can join.

Demonland to find the odd gem and some good inside info.

'Ology to see who is tearing who apart. Hopefully it can go back to the glory days with Tim getting better but it is a bit of a rabble at the moment.

BF for a not that serious take on things.

All have their pros and cons but DL is more informative (at times) than the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor old Demonology has some reasonable posters, but the vast majority are old school Melbourne toffs, the sort who yell out go number 9 in the members!

(Deestroy: This discussion is fine, but lets not go bagging individuals).

Big Footy Dees Forum v Demonland v Demonology

Sounds like the perfect time to issue a challenge to the others in a true forum footy contest. Who is up for it ???

Demonland would win as it has Cam Schwab as a member... :p we just can't compete with that.

Demonland - Stale but informative

Demonology - Doesn't seem to function correctly, and as such, can't be bothered with it

BF - Diverse and interesting discussion, a few morons floating around, but they normally entertain in any case

i enjoy bigfooty for its relaxed atmosphere and sense of humour..

if you knew who i posted as on demonland you would be very suprised

Melbourne Board > All.

I mean I laugh when I read on Demonland that the 'idiots' post on BigFooty, then you read some of the crap that they post on there. Demonology wasn't bad (I read it a bit last year but haven't for a while) but lost interest when I couldn't sign up to the site.

I only post here .. lots more discussion both footy and non-footy related.

General Discussion, lifestyle music, media & entertainment, religion, society & politics etc.. are all great to read and post in..

Bring back the MFC Flame site!

What a cackfest that site was. Sorry to see its not about anymore.

Used to go onto the Demonbland site yonks ago but got sick of the sanctimonious attitude of some of their posters.

Mostly prefer Demonology (post under another name) then BigFooty, particualrly Supermercado's blog.

I don't mind Demonland but it makes me log-in every time despite checking the "remember me" button when I do and that shits me to tears. At least here I know I can open it and it'll be logged in straight away.

Love it when they slaughter BF for being a shambles and then you read some of the total muck that gets posted on there. This board has just the right amount of contributors so that there's not too many rubbish posts or a trillion topics a day. Also doesn't hurt that I've been on here for about 2 million years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back