Big Footy Drinks

With the 2002 season just ending & the trading season about to begin, would anyone be interested in meeting for BF drinks? ie. toast our 2002 BF award winners, talk about trades, 2003 season, etc. I would suggest a pub in Adelaide (apologies to the Whyalla lads) with Coopers on tap of course. What does everyone think?

noddy

Mar 21, 2002
Land of the Big Red Cloud
/The Bays/Man U
Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
With the 2002 season just ending & the trading season about to begin, would anyone be interested in meeting for BF drinks? ie. toast our 2002 BF award winners, talk about trades, 2003 season, etc. I would suggest a pub in Adelaide (apologies to the Whyalla lads) with Coopers on tap of course. What does everyone think?

Maybe not there in person but will be there in "spirit",

have a pink one on me,
;)

gbear

Feb 27, 2002
If anyone on this board is game, some of the Port supporters on BF are getting together tomorrow for a drink at the Oxford hotel on O'connell Street at 2 pm.
If you want to meet some of us ferals you are most welcome. You may even discover that we are not half bad ;) :D :D

Originally posted by sapaul
I will be in Adelaide on the weekend of November 9 and 10, you are probably hoping for it to happen before then eh?
Paul, I should have no problems with this date & will keep it in mind as I have no set date in mind at this stage.

Originally posted by gbear
If anyone on this board is game, some of the Port supporters on BF are getting together tomorrow for a drink at the Oxford hotel on O'connell Street at 2 pm.
If you want to meet some of us ferals you are most welcome. You may even discover that we are not half bad ;) :D :D
Thanks for the invite gbear - hopefully next time for me as I will be out. I have no problems meeting up with opposition supporters as it can make for an interesting discussion / arguements. Have a drink for me. Cheers

PS The Oxford is a bit upmarket for ferals though. ;)

raboyle

May 8, 2001
X Convenience Oval, Elizabeth
CDFC (SANFL), Port Melb (VFL)
I have brought this up with the people of the SANFL... BluesGirl, BluesBrat, PA1870, Dogwatcher and GoSouth and hopefully a lot of other SANFL supporters.

How about a BigFooty SA members meeting then?!

Jerome

Feb 3, 2000
Adelaide Crows, Centrals
I'm gonna be out of town on the 8th and 9th of November. As for venues, the Alma or the Rosemount on Hindley (Mr Robran's pub) would be good pubs. the Rosemount is also walking distance from Mr Haigh's chocolate store so we can stock up on coffee beans if need be!

Jerome

Originally posted by Jerome
I'm gonna be out of town on the 8th and 9th of November. As for venues, the Alma or the Rosemount on Hindley (Mr Robran's pub) would be good pubs. the Rosemount is also walking distance from Mr Haigh's chocolate store so we can stock up on coffee beans if need be!

Jerome
I would then suggest the 10th of November (I gather this is a Sunday?) when Paul is coming down, but my brother's birthday is then, so not sure if I would be available. Reckon we are best going to a pub in town, as that way we can get public trasport home if need be. Open to suggestions.

Originally posted by raboyle
I have brought this up with the people of the SANFL... BluesGirl, BluesBrat, PA1870, Dogwatcher and GoSouth and hopefully a lot of other SANFL supporters.

How about a BigFooty SA members meeting then?!
Nothing stopping us from having a BF SA & Crows meet-up. I'm happy to go to both.

I certainly would like to meet some of these crow faces at an all SA meetup!

I'm not fussed whether we have a combined SA meetup &/or do the Crows meetup separately. Quite happy to have a chat to the Port supporters... I'll be guided by eveyone else's thoughts. What would people prefer - Fri night, Sat night, or perhaps during the day on the WE? I would prefer a pub in town myself with Coopers on tap (eg. Stag, Exeter, etc).

noddy

Mar 21, 2002
Land of the Big Red Cloud
/The Bays/Man U
I'm not fussed whether we have a combined SA meetup &/or do the Crows meetup separately. Quite happy to have a chat to the Port supporters... I'll be guided by eveyone else's thoughts. What would people prefer - Fri night, Sat night, or perhaps during the day on the WE? I would prefer a pub in town myself with Coopers on tap (eg. Stag, Exeter, etc).

Use to drink at a pub on the Semaphore road called the Exeter a long time ago, is that the one ?

MarksGirl-kbcrowgirl

Jan 28, 2001
at home :)
Adelaide Crows
my needs

As long as they serve Vodka :D, although Fitzy's Eye's made me a very nice Mark Stevens stubby cooler - so maybe I might hit the amber fluid! I am happy to go anywhere - preferably in the city somewhere, so it is easy for everyone to get to. I am happy for Friday, Saturday or even Sunday arvo - you name it I will be there. One question though - am I the only girl going????

k
xx

Blues_Girl

Feb 10, 2001
Gone Shopping!
Sturt, Adelaide Crows
Re: my needs

Originally posted by MarksGirl-kbcrowgirl
As long as they serve Vodka :D, although Fitzy's Eye's made me a very nice Mark Stevens stubby cooler - so maybe I might hit the amber fluid! I am happy to go anywhere - preferably in the city somewhere, so it is easy for everyone to get to. I am happy for Friday, Saturday or even Sunday arvo - you name it I will be there. One question though - am I the only girl going????

k
xx

No no i'll be there too. Don't stress :)

ant

Oct 17, 2000
O.T.H. near Sophia's Bush
Originally posted by Scott
Im good for a Sunday.

Would also be good to have a footy game between the Port and the Crow supporters as well, maybe just a 9 a side game if we don't have enough people.

Excellent idea.....could get very interesting too.....this would certainly be a better game than the other bigfooty match....there'd be a bit of feeling attached ;) Ramsgate anyone? :p

sapaul

Mar 21, 2002
Whyalla, SA
Sturt
Yeah, I may have to give it a miss totally, I actually might be in Adelaide anytime soon but not for good reasons, Nanna's not too well at the moment so hey have a drink for me when it all happens.:)