Big Footy vs Dockerland

Jet11

Debutant
Apr 29, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
After reading both forums over the past few days, I would just like to say that the quality of the posts on Big Footy far outweigh the rubbish that is posted at Dockerland. keep it up guys

sansian

All Australian
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Beverley Redbacks
I think you will find that is down to the quality of the respective Mods.

This board in particular.

A sense of humor, is always a bonus. :thumbsu:

Welcome aboard, are you related to Shazz from Rockingham by any chance ?

gettng sick of their whinging and trying to protest everything as if they have a say in what the club does.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
gettng sick of their whinging and trying to protest everything as if they have a say in what the club does.

The hypocrisy is that when the majority of Freo fans were sick of Schwab and Connolly any criticism of the club was deleted because Shane supported them and the site was sponsored by Rick Hart.

Now that Shane doesn't like the Steve's debate is tolerated, but the majority of posters are on the same page as him. Those with an opinion bailed leaving Shane's flock of sheep as regular posters.

sansian

All Australian
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Beverley Redbacks
The hypocrisy is that when the majority of Freo fans were sick of Schwab and Connolly any criticism of the club was deleted because Shane supported them and the site was sponsored by Rick Hart.

Now that Shane doesn't like the Steve's debate is tolerated, but the majority of posters are on the same page as him. Those with an opinion bailed leaving Shane's flock of sheep as regular posters.

You speak the truth oh 2nd wisest of mods:D

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle

This just in: "Dockerland moderator a Control Freak"

??!?

BuffaloClub

Debutant
Apr 14, 2007
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dockerland is depressing and elitist, always whinging about every little thing. Recently they were complaining about people who listened to the radio while at the footy, people with new scarves, mexican wavers etc.

I think 'incestuous' is a good description actually.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I got banned from there several years ago for starting a thread that McManus should retire for being too old and slow. Haven't been back there since.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I've only been back there once in the last couple of years and that was to post that I thought the new jumpers were quite nice looking.

Naturally my heinous post was promptly deleted.

Depressing and incestuous are perfective descriptions of that place. In general I can't imagine anyone who isn't a shallow thinker lasting long there really.

Yeah, there was once this BF footy mod....he was brilliant....whatever happened to him?

Look I'm sick of all of this in your end o.

I had no idea Lach was going to be boned when Chief approached me to mod here.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

Proud Bogan

Club Legend
Suspended
Jan 26, 2005
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle

You're not meant to smile and giggle when they probe you though.

Or go back for seconds.

:)

OT. Shane loves me dearly, and the feeling is mutual.

I don't really give a s**t what they post or how they run the site. But I do get very hot under the collar when the media use them as the voice of the Fremantle supporter base.

I've only been back there once in the last couple of years and that was to post that I thought the new jumpers were quite nice looking.

Naturally my heinous post was promptly deleted.

Depressing and incestuous are perfective descriptions of that place. In general I can't imagine anyone who isn't a shallow thinker lasting long there really.

I think it allows some posters with a certain mindset to find their niche or neisha even?

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Look I'm sick of all of this in your end o.

I had no idea Lach was going to be boned when Chief approached me to mod here.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

Well i think it's disgusting and disgraceful the way he was treated, he deserved so much more.

All he does these days, is wander aimlessly around sporting a massive thumb print where his bald head is going to be. And the dirt under his nails from all the gardening, well.

purplesoul

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
DL is what it is. Was the first web site I came across years ago, then BF. Back when I could be bothered reading DL I found some of the posters were hilarious and witty, but after some time it became obvious that you either need to be a sheep, or in the in crowd to post. BF has always been my site of choice since (even though I nowadays read other postings than personally contribute).

But at times like these, it bothers me that BF posters get concerned over DL, in particular, when a BF poster is called out as being a DL stooge. Do we want everyone to be in agreement in opinion (like DL), or abuse posters for their protests against the club decisions.

Not in my opinion. Play the man, listen to other posters arguements and show some respect. That is what should make BF a better place than DL. The more diverse the opinions (respeCtful), the better this site.

Tldr, forget DlL, have your opinion here but be respectful.

Man of Men

Senior List
Feb 14, 2011
up the lol
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Its weak to complain about DL on another site because in doing that you are doing exactly the same thing as what they do.
I go on DL occaisionally and do enjoy bits of it. But if you don't like it then don't go there, its as simple as that.

How ever, what does annoy me on both sites is the numerous threads all relating to the same topic on he sacking of harvey and appointment of lyon. Surely we only need one or two.
Just my two bob's worth

ilpiantissimo

Senior List
Feb 15, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well you can't complain about DL on DL because your comments will swiftly be deleted. Sure, I post there occasionally but its more in the nature of a joke than actual footy discussion. Thats what BF is for.

Back