Big Footys 2023 AFL Pre Grand Final Entertainment Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I was thinking of who could do the Grand Final Entertainment next year and to be honest I'm struggling to think of anyone for the Grand Final Entertainment. Who have we got left that's hasn't done it before and is still alive. Maybe Bon Jovi as rock and roll bands do suit the sports stadium vibe. ACDC would be awesome
Not sure there is many left that have the skillset to rock 100000 people at a sports stadium.

Anyone got some suggestions for next year's pre game entertainment.

Twilight grand final with every flamethrower in Australia hooked up at the G surrounding these blokes for one last hoorah.

Foo Fighters is the correct answer to this question BTW

Are the Foo Fighters even going to be an ongoing group following the passing of Taylor Hawkins?

Something different man..

Bit of techno house rap pop or whatever.. DJ Bobo.. Peter Andre La Bouche & 2 Unlimited as support acts.. something like that I reckon.. some quality tracks right there man.. 'love is around'.. 'there's a party'.. 'everybody'.. 'freedom'.. and the list goes on and on man.. Been to all of their concerts as well and that.. the choreography.. the dance moves.. sick man. Everyone was dancing and having a good time. Imagine 100 thou at the G getting into it. Be grouse I reckon.

Last edited:
Never stand between Dave Grohl and a pot of money

Dave Grohl could perform yes, but I suspect that the Foo Fighters brand will go the way of Nirvana in the near future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be happy to pass on the pre-game entertainment. Can't remember ever really wanting to hear music before the grand final as something I in the mood for. None come to mind as thrilling me at all. Fairly sure first few grand finals I saw was minimal approach of simply national anthem and Waltzing Matilda with maybe someone like Jon English or Olivia Newton-John singing both before the match. The siren blows and crowd roars and you into the footy. That all I need. i think it the theatre goer sets that want some brand name singer on before. It never excites even when it someone I like so I mostly tune out and listen to the pre-match talk on fox footy like I did yesterday or radio outside at bbq. Harder to avoid if you actually goto the grand final. I went to the 2012, 2016, 2017 and 2019 grand finals in last ten years and could not tell you whom was the pre-game entertainment.

The NRL opened the forbidden door with their Fox League music partnership this season.

It's time for Parkway Drive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back