Certified Legendary Thread Big Freeze 4 - Neale Daniher and the Big Freeze at the G - Monday 11 June

Remove this Banner Ad

As awful as it is I’m quite shocked at how much he can still do. It often moves much quicker.
The fact that he can still walk at the 4 year mark is amazing.

I dunno. It's a great cause like almost all charities are. But do we need this in a football competition?
I didn't watch the footy this weekend, but I kinda want to watch football just for the fun of watching it, not with every game having some kind of struggle or theme or guilt trip associated with it.
(if you are going to have a themed round to help out a part of society that needs help, try the Problem Gamblers Round. Sponsored by Sportsbet/CrownBet/etc/etc)

Would be good to have the Neale Daniher cup and have a Dees v Dons game
2 clubs he had long histories at, and played off in his final AFL game as coach.

it's been quite a week and weekend hearing stories about the man and how many he has had an impact on in the community.

Great cause, great man.
But it's working well as is, Neale said he's going to SA and WA in coming weeks to continue promotion so I think it's already bigger than a single day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't have a Lou Richards round nor a Ted Whitten round or a Jim Stynes round - for a reason.

Better to leave the memory of the man as is.

Do they sell the beanies at every game?

In nrl they have a beanie for brain cancer round for the Mark Hughes Foundation. Wherever Newcastle play is usually the focal point but it is a league wide thing

Need to save some rounds for future issues. Go vegan round, no plastic packaging round etc
combine them
Vegan pie in paper bag :)

seriously though, serve pastry in a paper bag.
heat and plastic = water. Makes pastry soggy.

not sure a vegan four and twenty would be any worse than they currently are....sad excuse for a pie.

I think its a great idea, would be even better if the AFL scheduled the Showdown, Western Derby, Q Clash and whatever its called between Sydney and GWS on the same weekend.
Have the Bombers play the Demons for Neil, Hawks play the cats, Saints play the Dogs, Pies play the Blues and North play the Tigers or whatever will draw the biggest crowds.
Fill a stadium in every State on one weekend in support of Neil.

Maximum exposure, maximum attendance, maximum financial support.

I think its a great idea, would be even better if the AFL scheduled the Showdown, Western Derby, Q Clash and whatever its called between Sydney and GWS on the same weekend.
Have the Bombers play the Demons for Neil, Hawks play the cats, Saints play the Dogs, Pies play the Blues and North play the Tigers or whatever will draw the biggest crowds.
Fill a stadium in every State on one weekend in support of Neil.

Maximum exposure, maximum attendance, maximum financial support.
love it.

I dunno. It's a great cause like almost all charities are. But do we need this in a football competition?
I didn't watch the footy this weekend, but I kinda want to watch football just for the fun of watching it, not with every game having some kind of struggle or theme or guilt trip associated with it.
(if you are going to have a themed round to help out a part of society that needs help, try the Problem Gamblers Round. Sponsored by Sportsbet/CrownBet/etc/etc)

Very cynical attitude
I'm pretty proud that the sport I love can do things like we saw today

you can still watch and zone out to anything you aren't interested in.
i do with TV commentators and half time segments.

problem gamblers round would be awesome.
restrict all betting with the majors for that round...might show some people that the game can be enjoyed without the punt.

Neale has given plenty to the game as a player, coach and assistant.
And he's giving even more to a cause that will eventually swallow his body before his time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back