Prediction Big Improvers for 2017?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really curious to see how Hampton goes. Heard such conflicting views on him.

One thing that concerns me with Hampton as a junior is he was a give and get player, without Thommo I'm hoping he has changed that part of his game he was a bit Vanilla

Will give him the benefit of the doubt as he has done well in the preseason

The first half wouldn't hurt either, the coaches just need to find a way to neutralize the teams with the strongest midfields.

The best thing about Don Pyke was his ability to make some changes last season after the Western Bulldogs and Home Geelong game, we were completely dismantled and our efficiency kept us in it. The problems is the only other games we lost were against probably the 3 of the 4 best midfields going around in West Coast, Geelong (I hate KP) and Sydney (I really hate the SCG). We struggled a bit against Collingwood too.
I Didn't have major issues with how the coaching staff handled the first half of the year. The only real improvement out of them this year is to be able to adjust to the single highly-effective tactic that basically every team used to beat, or over-achieve, against Adelaide in the last 3rd of 2016...

...come to think of it the CEO/management could abstain from "Sticking up for a club" in a way that is massively detrimental in the final rounds this year. That would also be great.

I agree to an extent. The majority of our squad have improvement in them, even guys like Sloane and Talia.

For mine I hope we see the biggest improvement in guys like Hampton, Cameron, Milera and co.

I'll go with those guys, Menzel and Polhoke who I believe will be the steal of the draft.
I agree that there's plenty of potential improvement there. Strangely, I'm mostly excited for non-zero output out of Otten this year.

However, I was mostly making the mathematical point that one best-22 player and multiple on the periphery are now gone, with zero (0) replacements brought in. By definition if everyone remains the same, the team is worse than last year.

I Didn't have major issues with how the coaching staff handled the first half of the year. The only real improvement out of them this year is to be able to adjust to the single highly-effective tactic that basically every team used to beat, or over-achieve, against Adelaide in the last 3rd of 2016....

Which tactic is that?

Greenwood will get games, which is a massive improvement on where he was at last season.

I don't know if I'd say massive improvement. Obviously the SANFL is very different from the AFL, but what I saw of him in the SANFL last year impressed me in all the games I saw (probably only 6-8 games). He definitely looked very comfortable and had really good intensity at the contest.

I'm going to say Douglas. Has been away from his best for a while now, but my prediction is he'll come out and give a cracking year, ahead of retirement next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back