Universal Love Big ****ing Dix!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Enviable Tradition

Professional Procrastinator
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For all the crap Hinkley (deservedly) gets, you have to give him credit for his relationship-building abilities with the players. The revival of Dixon this season sits with him, Travis Boak, Chad Cornes and of course Charlie himself. Really glad to see a man mountain like Dicko come out and break some stigma by talking about mental health, and for it to be a success story. Here's to 3 more years of the King.
Does that mean we need to credit Chad for his relationship building too?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

PAFC_1870

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
you have to give him credit for his relationship-building abilities with the players.
This is highly undervalued here

We recruited and held onto many of these players because of him.

He just needs the right tactical people around him, he's got a big part of the job under control, age and experience helps.

Harlott

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You’re saying we’re a 9th to 14th team without him. I disagree. If he got injured I’d be disappointed but still think we’re a chance with Ladhams, Marshall and Georgiades surrounded by Gray, Rozee, Butters etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PAFC_1870

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Can we just acknowledge that Mark?

That for me is better than Odell's great catch.

1. Wet
2. Slippery smooth surface compared to an NFL Ball so harder to grip
3. Bigger than an NFL Ball so harder to palm
4. Not running back with the flight for more give when it hits
5. Ball moving in a harder motion to catch
6. No glove

That's epic. To top it off, was held.

20200912_205608.jpg

Last edited:

sobrave

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should have had 5 goals just a few minutes into the second quarter. Instead finished with what, 1 goal?

Butcher might have been a hack kick, but at least his mung floaters went through about 50% of the time

HinkleysHeroes

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should have had 5 goals just a few minutes into the second quarter. Instead finished with what, 1 goal?

Butcher might have been a hack kick, but at least his mung floaters went through about 50% of the time
Finished with 2 goals 3 points.

I checked the top goal scorers in the league and they are all running at about a 55% accuracy. Thought they would be around the 70% mark.

With our players inaccurate kicking i always wonder if they just need another player to walk up to them and tell them the basics of not poking at the ball when closer than 50.

sobrave

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Finished with 2 goals 3 points.

I checked the top goal scorers in the league and they are all running at about a 55% accuracy. Thought they would be around the 70% mark.

With our players inaccurate kicking i always wonder if they just need another player to walk up to them and tell them the basics of not poking at the ball when closer than 50.
It's actually bizarre, the field kicking skill is so high these days, but you look at goalkicking compared to the olden days with the likes of Dunstall, Ablett, Lockett, Modra etc where you just knew they had a set approach and kicked it more often than not

PAFC_1870

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
It's actually bizarre, the field kicking skill is so high these days, but you look at goalkicking compared to the olden days with the likes of Dunstall, Ablett, Lockett, Modra etc where you just knew they had a set approach and kicked it more often than not
Lockett, Dunatall and Co spent 99% of the game sitting on their ass waiting for the ball to get kicked to them.

Pretty easy to kick straight when you haven't run up and down the field or put pressure on your opponents.

Remove this Banner Ad