Universal Love Big ****ing Dix!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Astronema

im gay
Sep 17, 2020
Victoria
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
REH the most studious, researchiest poster on the board.....I challenge you to find where in the rules it mentions “if a player being infringed happens to be Brutish or considered big enough to look after themselves; the umpire will call play on”

Go on....dare ya :p
Except he is right, and a lot of the time its simply good umpiring. Sometimes they go too far though and defenders get away with absolutely BS play.

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
REH the most studious, researchiest poster on the board.....I challenge you to find where in the rules it mentions “if a player being infringed happens to be Brutish or considered big enough to look after themselves; the umpire will call play on”

I'm still looking for that mysterious book of interpretations. When I find that I'm sure i will find the relevant clause. ;)

robbo1981

Premiership Player
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My point being that the game against St Kilda was full of situations where by the time the umpire actually blew the free kick for us, it had zero impact on the game. We'd already taken a mark or play had already continued on to our advantage. It was the perfect opportunity for a little free kick stat padding if you want to get all conspiracy against us.

The game actually seemed to have a couple of examples where the umpire actually sat and waited to see if there was an advantage before blowing the whistle for the free kick.

The Dixon-Rozee free I can accept, as an umpire it takes a second to register that you should give a free. And you're about to become the centre of attention so you take a moment to make sure you're not going to slip over. Bringing your hand upto your mouth while running isn't a natural action so it can throw out your balance if you're running hard to get in the right position to view the contest (AFL umpires don't seem to do this much though). And they need to take a moment to take a deep breath, have you ever tried blowing a whistle after you've just breathed out?

And by that time, Rozee is already crumbing the ball and kicking the goal. So you just shrug and call all clear.

But he probably didn't even think it was a free to Charlie.
Spot in I thought the same👌

Ford Fairlane

Feb 21, 2002
Port Adelaide 5015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
My point being that the game against St Kilda was full of situations where by the time the umpire actually blew the free kick for us, it had zero impact on the game. We'd already taken a mark or play had already continued on to our advantage. It was the perfect opportunity for a little free kick stat padding if you want to get all conspiracy against us.

The game actually seemed to have a couple of examples where the umpire actually sat and waited to see if there was an advantage before blowing the whistle for the free kick.

The Dixon-Rozee free I can accept, as an umpire it takes a second to register that you should give a free. And you're about to become the centre of attention so you take a moment to make sure you're not going to slip over. Bringing your hand upto your mouth while running isn't a natural action so it can throw out your balance if you're running hard to get in the right position to view the contest (AFL umpires don't seem to do this much though). And they need to take a moment to take a deep breath, have you ever tried blowing a whistle after you've just breathed out?

And by that time, Rozee is already crumbing the ball and kicking the goal. So you just shrug and call all clear.

But he probably didn't even think it was a free to Charlie.
If Rozee hadn't marked the ball, would Charlie have been paid a free for Howard's ludicrous marking attempt?

Probably not, because the free should have been paid before Rozee's mark.

Gold Rozee

Debutant
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Lynch is a dick but what Harvick says is true and even more true of Dixon.

Don't measure him on stats. Measure him on wins and what he allows Georgiadis, Marshall, Fantasia, Motlop etc to do.

And watch what happens when Georgie gets more attention. All of a sudden Charlie will have a few break out games.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Still have a soft spot for Hardwick- Very articulated speaker and agree with this.

GremioPower

Taking notes of policy re: bikini/lingerie images
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Indians (MLB)

Custom makes law. ;)

edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Honestly not seeing anything different from Charlie lately that I haven't already seen for stretches in 2016, 2018, 2019...

Not sure what the rest of you are getting worked up over. Been accepting and even celebrating this kinda footy for years now...

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sobrave

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Honestly not seeing anything different from Charlie lately that I haven't already seen for stretches in 2016, 2018, 2019...

Not sure what the rest of you are getting worked up over. Been accepting and even celebrating this kinda footy for years now...

So basically he's been a sh*t truck for years, had a bit of an aberration year last year with shortened quarters and he remembered how to catch a football for a while

Couldn't agree more

edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
So basically he's been a sh*t truck for years, had a bit of an aberration year last year with shortened quarters and he remembered how to catch a football for a while

Couldn't agree more
Honestly for me it's less about Dixon and more about how accepted his returns were. There's a part of me that thinks the chicken has come home to roost.

I mean, what about that game vs Collingwood with no goals and a few marks? Phwoar. Epic. Who needs scoreboard impact and sticky hands?

Oh edgie, what about his coaches votes?

You mean the mega successful Hinkley and Bucks? Couple of astute scholars of bringing success there.

sobrave

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Honestly for me it's less about Dixon and more about how accepted his returns were. There's a part of me that thinks the chicken has come home to roost.

I mean, what about that game vs Collingwood with no goals and a few marks? Phwoar. Epic. Who needs scoreboard impact and sticky hands?

Oh edgie, what about his coaches votes?

You mean the mega successful Hinkley and Bucks? Couple of astute scholars of bringing success there.

Phwoar but his hands are big though

Maybe that's why he can't catch the ******* ball

Didn't seem to trouble Stewart loewe

Revan11

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I cannot understand when you have hands as big as Charlies how many balls he drops.

Does anyone know his mark attempts vs. marks made %? I reckon it would be like 10%

Imhotep

Senior List
Mar 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Josh Jenkins has never played like a KPF in his life.
Does Charlie? Because I have played with some pretty good KFs in my time and some bad KFs and the only things that matter in that position is LEADING, MARKING, and KICKING GOALS. I have said this before and I will keep repeating it, bringing the ball to ground as a game plan is insane all you are doing is adding extra complexity to a pretty simple formula kick mark goal. By turning a potential 1v1 between a leading FF and trailing FB into a scrap on the ground where you invite in all the small defenders.

Last edited:

JimmyBC

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep close to ripping a game apart my arse you Dixon apologists do my head in this guy hasnt done sh*t in nearly twenty games

Does Charlie? Because I have played with some pretty good KFs in my time and some bad KFs and the only things that matter in that position is LEADING, MARKING, and KICKING GOALS. I have said this before and I will keep repeating it, bringing the ball to ground as a game plan is insane all you are doing is adding extra complexity to a pretty simple formula kick mark goal. By turning a potential 1v1 between a leading FF and trailing FB into a scrap on the ground where you invite in all the small defenders.
Charlie makes a contest but no you are right he's not a natural leading forward at all & never has been, Jenkins couldn't even tell you the meaning of a pack or a contest though.
I'm not a Dixon apologist he's not an undroppable player imo I think he's ok in his role but when everything goes to sh*t around him his weaknesses are extremely visible.

backtozero

Premiership Player
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Best ever goalkicking season was when he kicked 41 in 16 games for gold coast.
This is the kicker for me. GC managed to play him to his strengths better than we ever could. I think its coaching. Whoever instructs him to wrestle with his opponents and wait for the ball to come to him is the problem.

Remove this Banner Ad