Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You’re saying we’re a 9th to 14th team without him. I disagree. If he got injured I’d be disappointed but still think we’re a chance with Ladhams, Marshall and Georgiades surrounded by Gray, Rozee, Butters etc.

Don't give me these pissy easy goals to kick. Give me the tough ones - so I can celebrate properly - close to the fans.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Can we just acknowledge that Mark?

That for me is better than Odell's great catch.

1. Wet
2. Slippery smooth surface compared to an NFL Ball so harder to grip
3. Bigger than an NFL Ball so harder to palm
4. Not running back with the flight for more give when it hits
5. Ball moving in a harder motion to catch
6. No glove

That's epic. To top it off, was held.

20200912_205608.jpg

Last edited:

HinkleysHeroes

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should have had 5 goals just a few minutes into the second quarter. Instead finished with what, 1 goal?

Butcher might have been a hack kick, but at least his mung floaters went through about 50% of the time
Finished with 2 goals 3 points.

I checked the top goal scorers in the league and they are all running at about a 55% accuracy. Thought they would be around the 70% mark.

With our players inaccurate kicking i always wonder if they just need another player to walk up to them and tell them the basics of not poking at the ball when closer than 50.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Finished with 2 goals 3 points.

I checked the top goal scorers in the league and they are all running at about a 55% accuracy. Thought they would be around the 70% mark.

With our players inaccurate kicking i always wonder if they just need another player to walk up to them and tell them the basics of not poking at the ball when closer than 50.

It's actually bizarre, the field kicking skill is so high these days, but you look at goalkicking compared to the olden days with the likes of Dunstall, Ablett, Lockett, Modra etc where you just knew they had a set approach and kicked it more often than not

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
It's actually bizarre, the field kicking skill is so high these days, but you look at goalkicking compared to the olden days with the likes of Dunstall, Ablett, Lockett, Modra etc where you just knew they had a set approach and kicked it more often than not
Lockett, Dunatall and Co spent 99% of the game sitting on their ass waiting for the ball to get kicked to them.

Pretty easy to kick straight when you haven't run up and down the field or put pressure on your opponents.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can someone explain why the closer he is up goal the more he leans back on his kick?
It's a mental thing from there for him. Only explanation I have for it. Rather then just kicking through the ball, he leans back to steer it through. I'd hope someone in the break between the Collingwood game to our qualifying final it's worked on.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lockett, Dunatall and Co spent 99% of the game sitting on their ass waiting for the ball to get kicked to them.

Pretty easy to kick straight when you haven't run up and down the field or put pressure on your opponents.
Look the game has changed but those guys were goal kicking technicians the fitness/sports science guys limit how much the modern day player practices goal kicking.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Look the game has changed but those guys were goal kicking technicians the fitness/sports science guys limit how much the modern day player practices goal kicking.
I know, so you can't compare them.

And hearing the constant sniping from them I think is pathetic.

They probably laid less tackles in their whole careers then Dixon would in a season. Likewise handballs....

If I practiced goal kicking and nothing else I'd be pretty good too....

The only time fat *s like Dunstall and Lockett would break a sweat is when they are off to the pub.

Back