FTA-TV Big Music Quiz

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Music Quiz or BMQ. Channel 7 hopes this 3 letter acronym is similar to the ratings of another one of their shows.

BMQ is From Mark Fennessy of ESA and who oversaw the highly successful INXS telemovie.

Greg Benness and Suzanne Mitchell are the EPs who produced AGT when it enjoyed big ratings (Jack V anyone)

So, if your in Melbourne and looking for something to do this Friday or Saturday or next weekend, contact 7 and you can join the audience.

Rockwiz and Spicks and Specks come to commercial TV?

I think there would be a whole lot of copyright lawyers saying no, no, no, don't say that.....but sounds like it doesn't it.

Needed far less dancing with crowd and score checking. Nowhere near enough musical content, too much fluff.

Spicks and Specks worked because they asked music stars and comedians on, asked serious questions and got them to riff off that. Everyone got a couple of minutes to do their story, and the comedians just interjected as appropriate. The poor parts of the show were whenever they did a 'pre-prepared' bit of humour - some skit or such-like - and it was usually as funny as a lead balloon.

This show was all 'pre-prepared' humour and 'zaniness' - at it was pretty poor. The audience dancing was utterly terrible.

Spicks and Specks worked because they asked music stars and comedians on, asked serious questions and got them to riff off that. Everyone got a couple of minutes to do their story, and the comedians just interjected as appropriate. The poor parts of the show were whenever they did a 'pre-prepared' bit of humour - some skit or such-like - and it was usually as funny as a lead balloon.

This show was all 'pre-prepared' humour and 'zaniness' - at it was pretty poor. The audience dancing was utterly terrible.

Yet the show rated no 3 with over 1.2M viewers for the night beating Survivor and The Block...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet the show rated no 3 with over 1.2M viewers for the night beating Survivor and The Block...
Let's wait and see how it does next week, now that the curiosity factor is gone. Zumbo lost 20-25% of its audience on the second outing. I would not be surprised to see BMQ lose 30% or more. It was awful.

I didn't think it was all bad - harmless family fun.

It is certainly much better than the reality shows that pollute the television these days, where people make an exhibition of themselves over stupid and banal things.

Have seen some of it tonight. Just so, so, so bad. As others have said, the dancing is terrible. Just as bad is the buzzer not working for 7 seconds after the song starts, so it looks like they're playing some 90s video game where the fastest button masher wins.

I had the tv on channel 7 for about 20mins. It took them that long to actually ask a question, with about 10mins of ads. When they finally answered the song they then played the song and the whole audience danced along. I'm not sure the producers understand the concept of a 'quiz' show.

The Big Music Quiz must be doing something right, it topped the TV ratings at prime time on Sunday night, and this was its second week. It rated well in its first week, so if people watched it then they must have liked it for ratings to increase. If they had watched it out of curiosity for its debut and had not liked it, the ratings would have fallen.

For example, several years ago people looked forward to watching the new Chris Lilley show 'Angry Boys' on the ABC, following the success of 'We Can Be Heroes' and 'Summer Heights High', and the show rated highly on debut. However, Angry Boys was not well received and ratings fell dramatically for week two, continuing to dwindle as viewers abandoned the show in droves in the weeks that followed.

I personally like The Big Music Quiz; its a lot of fun and enjoyable, similar to the Celebrity Singing Bee in the late 2000s.

The Big Music Quiz must be doing something right, it topped the TV ratings at prime time on Sunday night, and this was its second week. It rated well in its first week, so if people watched it then they must have liked it for ratings to increase. If they had watched it out of curiosity for its debut and had not liked it, the ratings would.

I personally like The Big Music Quiz; its a lot of fun and enjoyable, similar to the Celebrity Singing Bee in the late 2000s.

So apparently it dropped 23% from it's first week, so my faith in humanity is slightly restored. Angry Boys was hot garbage as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back